Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2012, 02:25 PM   #1
angela25
Earning My Ears

Character Dining

Which one is best for a family of 14? We are trying to stick with dining with Mickey & Minnie to be fair to everyone! I am thinking Cape May or Chef Mickey? Thoughts? Thanks
angela25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 02:30 PM   #2
bigbabyblues
DIS Veteran

Mickey is not at Cape May. We had a great breakfast at Cape May though, and are planning that for our departure day in June. We have also enjoyed breakfast at Chef Mickey's, but it aleaays seems chaotic when we've been there.

Last edited by bigbabyblues; 12-28-2012 at 02:46 PM.
bigbabyblues is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-28-2012, 02:43 PM   #3
ThumpersWorld
Mouseketeer

We have been to Chef Mickey's a couple of times because they have the main characters including Mickey and Minnie. Our last trip we decided to go to Cape May and Tusker House. Cape May is really cute and has the characters in beach attire. But, as the other poster mentioned, does not have Mickey. Tusker House at the Animal Kingdom was also great and has the characters in safari but does not include Minnie. I would say the food at Cape May and Tusker House is far better than that of Chef Mickeys. Hopefully that helps!

Me DH DS 8 1/2 yrs DS 6 yrs
ThumpersWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 03:02 PM   #4
angela25
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThumpersWorld View Post
We have been to Chef Mickey's a couple of times because they have the main characters including Mickey and Minnie. Our last trip we decided to go to Cape May and Tusker House. Cape May is really cute and has the characters in beach attire. But, as the other poster mentioned, does not have Mickey. Tusker House at the Animal Kingdom was also great and has the characters in safari but does not include Minnie. I would say the food at Cape May and Tusker House is far better than that of Chef Mickeys. Hopefully that helps!
Who is at Cape May?
angela25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 03:25 PM   #5
bigbabyblues
DIS Veteran

Minnie, Goofy, and Donald if I remember right
bigbabyblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 12:02 AM   #6
patriciaofoz
Mouseketeer

We ate at Cape May for breakfast Christmas Eve and it was the highlight of our day. The food was plentiful and great and the characters spent a generous amount of time with us. Minnie even came back twice since my apprehensive cousin ignored her the first time. So she came back and stole a kiss from him

We really enjoyed CM that we cancelled a prior reservation elsewhere and did a dinner there tonight (our last night at DW).
Old 12-29-2012, 08:48 AM   #7
cristen72
Mouseketeer

We have tried Chef Mickeys and Tusker House. We liked both but I give Tusker House a bit higher rating. The atmosphere wasn't as chaotic and the characters took more time with you.

Mickey is at both if he's the main character you're looking for! But Daisy is at Tusker instead of Minnie.

September 2011 AS Movies 1st trip ever!!

September 2012 AoA 40th bday trip for me!

October 2016 Fingers crossed!
cristen72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:52 AM   #8
jakers2154
Earning My Ears

If you are going to breakfast together I would recommend the tusker house breakfast buffet. And for dinner I would recommend the beirgaten buffet in epcot. Their all wonderful.. But if you want to stick to all character dinning then I would not recommend the beirgaten. And I would recommend tusker house at the Animal Kingdom and chef Mickeys at the Contemporary resort.

Last edited by jakers2154; 12-29-2012 at 08:58 AM.
jakers2154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:49 AM   #9
kkbutterfly
Mouseketeer

Love Chef Mickey! The characters were great and the buffet was huge! We were happy there! Ohana has Mickey for breakfast as well.
Old 12-29-2012, 10:56 AM   #10
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

I believe Chef Mickey's is the only option if you want Mickey and Minnie together. They don't appear together at any other meals.

Tusker House has Mickey, also Donald, Goofy and Daisy. At 'Ohana breakfast, Mickey appears with Pluto, Lilo and Stitch. Minnie is at Cape May with Goofy and Donald.
Old 12-29-2012, 11:10 AM   #11
ilovedisney1982
Loving Disney Every Day!

I have never been to Cape May, but I had a great experience at Chef Mickey. If your family of 14 has young kids, Chef Mickey. I believe Cape May has a seafood menu, so if your family like sea food, Cape May. Either way, I'm positive you'll have loads of fun!
ilovedisney1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:15 AM   #12
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
I believe Cape May has a seafood menu, so if your family like sea food, Cape May.
Cape May has a seafood menu at dinner, which is not a character meal; only breakfast is a character meal.
Old 12-29-2012, 11:40 AM   #13
clareyfairymouse
Mouseketeer

Chef Mickey's is good for breakfast, but tends to be busy and a bit noisy! Lots of food options and both Mickey and Minnie!
Tuskers can be quieter and the characters at Cape May look really cute in the costumes!

2004 - IP UK Pavilion, 2008 - 1st WDW Holiday - Pop Century, 2010 - WDW Wedding - Wedding Pavilion & Stayed at Wilderness Lodge 2013 - Florida Keys & Port Orleans Riverside
clareyfairymouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: