Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2012, 10:00 AM   #1
On the Lake
Earning My Ears

Park and Cruise

Anyone use Park and Cruise? Are they quick with shuttle when you get back?
We have a flight @ 11:15 and was wondering how good the service has been. Is it worth the $70 difference to park beside the terminal or will we be ok with the Park and Cruise?
On the Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:19 AM   #2
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Park and Cruise is great. You'll obviously want to be off the ship early, but a flight at 11:15 is not a problem.

Yes, people will tell you that DCL recommends 12, but DCL also books people on 11:30 flights (not exactly consistent). We were actually moved up to a 9:30 flight on one cruise because we were there early.

Just plan to do early breakfast and get off the ship as soon as the big doors open.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-28-2012, 10:46 AM   #3
shburks
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by On the Lake View Post
Anyone use Park and Cruise? Are they quick with shuttle when you get back?
We have a flight @ 11:15 and was wondering how good the service has been. Is it worth the $70 difference to park beside the terminal or will we be ok with the Park and Cruise?
We used Park N Cruise back in August (party of 5) with no issues. I hindsight, I'd recommend taking everyone and luggage to the port first and then parking, but it worked fine. They were quite prompt in both directions, and we would use them again.

DCL: Fantasy: December 2014 * Magic: January 2014 * Fantasy: October 2013 * Dream: January 2013 * Fantasy: August 2012
WDW: Beach Club Apr 2014 * Coronado Springs Oct 2013 * Boardwalk Sept 2013 * Animal Kingdom Lodge July 2013 * PO French Quarter (Jan 2013, Apr 2014) * Pop Century (Aug 2012, Dec 2009) * Wilderness Lodge (Sept, 2013, Oct 2011, Sept 2010), ASMo Dec 2003, off property: 1990, 1988, 1985
Disney's Vero Beach Resort: July 2013
shburks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:20 AM   #4
MagicRat
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shburks View Post
We used Park N Cruise back in August (party of 5) with no issues. I hindsight, I'd recommend taking everyone and luggage to the port first and then parking, but it worked fine. They were quite prompt in both directions, and we would use them again.
I was planning on trying Park N Cruise for our 7 day cruise in May- prior 2 we've parked at the port- and I was going to drop my family off first. My wife hates shuttle buses. My question is whether that will work for dis-embarkation (i.e., can I take the bus, go get the car, and then pick my family up)? I am concerned with the amount of traffic around the port and also the porter that helps us with the luggage (does he wait around? leave the bags at the curb with my wife and kids?) Any thoughts? Thanks!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: