Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 09:14 AM   #1
KapBoy77
Mouseketeer

Mistake you will not repeat next time...

When we went to Disney World earlier this month we were super prepared and had the best time of our lives.

One of the things I wanted to do was try a Dole Whip the first day we were at MK. Didn't happen. Second time there... Didn't happen. Third time at MK... Didn't happen. On the last day (4th time at MK) I told my wife that trying a Dole Whip was a priority and it was going to happen.

Well I did get that Dole Whip. I had a taste, my two boys had a taste, my wife had a taste. That Dole Whip was devoured like we were cave people eating a turkey leg!!!! It was Awesome!!!

I wish we would have tried one on day 1!!!!! If we had I can guarantee that the snack credits would have been used up way before our last day at the parks. So next time we go and have the opportunity to try something new earlier in the week we will!

First thing on the agenda next December when we go back is hitting up the Dole Whip stand!

DIS Dad #749

Me (André) DW (Liane) DS (7) DS (4)
Old 12-28-2012, 09:20 AM   #2
MADnNOLA
DIS Veteran

I was the same way. It was my 3rd trip (last October) that I FINALLY tried the Dole Whip (after a friend and Disney fan kept asking if I had tried it)!

The Best!

I love them so much, I bought a ice cream maker, and the mix to make at home.

But it does not compare to having them at Disney! I look forward to using snack credits on them in April!
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails." - Samuel L. Clemens

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-28-2012, 09:27 AM   #3
fallen_angel727
Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

For some reason my touring plan always has us criss-crossing the park for fast passes, rides etc. I hate it and I always say that next time we're going to change that...yet go figure we never do. I was just planning a rough itinerary with my brothers GF and sure enough we start with fastpasses for space mountain and head over to Jungle Cruise...

1991 (offsite), 2000 (offsite), 2004 (offsite), 2009 (offsite - engagement trip!!), 2012 (POP), 2013 (POP), 2014 (POP)

Old 01-13-2013, 01:41 AM   #4
jselcke
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallen_angel727 View Post
For some reason my touring plan always has us criss-crossing the park for fast passes, rides etc. I hate it and I always say that next time we're going to change that...yet go figure we never do. I was just planning a rough itinerary with my brothers GF and sure enough we start with fastpasses for space mountain and head over to Jungle Cruise...
if you have multiple adults in the party - have one (the quickest or most athletic) take everyones tickets and go get the fast passes while the rest of you head towards the other ride - maybe stopping to pick up snacks or doing bathroom breaks so you aren't to far ahead in line that they can't find you.
Old 12-28-2012, 09:30 AM   #5
DizzDoll
DIS Veteran

DOLE WHIPS!!!!!! Can't wait for August!!!!! Anyhoo, our mistake - if that's what it's called - was to get 3 cupcakes at Starring Rolls - one for each of us. Those suckers are HUGE!!! Well, we ate 'em, but boy were we sick afterwards. So now the lightbulb went off and we get one at a time and cut them in thirds so we can enjoy without nasty after-effects.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:06 AM   #6
Keegansmommy
Mouseketeer

Making a dinner reservation for our arrival night. The first time we stayed at POFQ I had made ressies at Chef Mickey's. By the time we arrived at our resort, we had just enough time to drop our stuff off in our room and make it to dinner. This caused a HUGE meltdown in my son. He wanted to go to the pool w/ the waterslide and check out the resort. He was overly tired from traveling. Instead of having a fun dinner at Chef Mickey's (which is what I was thinking....) it was a NIGHTMARE. I won't make that mistake twice.

So much fun we're going AGAIN!

1985 - offsite 2004 - All Star Music (honeymoon)
1991 - offsite 2006 - All Star Sports
1998 - offsite 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Pop Century
2010 - Pop Century
2011 - Port Orleans French Quarter
2012 - Port Orleans French Quarter
2013 - Leaving New Year's Day! Surprise Christmas present for our boys. - Port Orleans French Quarter
Old 12-28-2012, 10:09 AM   #7
budafam
DIS Veteran

Captain EO, never again. lol...

I just got an ice cream machine for Christmas & Dole Whip mix Loving it!
Old 12-28-2012, 10:14 AM   #8
TomTi89
Earning My Ears

Not finding out in advance where the Lynx buses at DTD are.

We spent maybe half an hour to an hour walking around in the May heat trying to find them. A CM even sent us the wrong way once!

Next time if any trip depends on transport, we're learning in advance where it goes from
Old 12-28-2012, 10:22 PM   #9
ZoZo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by budafam View Post
Wait, where do you buy Dole Whip mix? TIA.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:51 PM   #10
MickeyMinnieMelanie
Snow White: Fairest One of ALL

Quote:
Originally Posted by budafam View Post
Captain EO, never again. lol...

Why?
*March 2015: WDW AKL *October 2013: WDW Animation Resort, 1st MNSSHP *October 2012: DCL Fantasy (STT, St. Maarten, CC) *Surprise WDW Bday trip, March 2012: Pop Century *June 2011: DL (me and DH) *December 2010: WDW VWL, 1st MVMCP *October 2009: DCL Magic (St.Croix, STT, CC)*June 2008: WDW BCV *May 2008: WDW All Star Sports *March 2006: WDW Pop Century *January 2005: WDW All Star Movies *October 2003: First WDW Disney trip as a family (All Star Music)
Old 04-15-2013, 09:29 PM   #11
siestakey
Malificent Fan

I love Captain EO. I go to that at least twice each trip!

Old 02-07-2013, 12:27 PM   #12
mommystieg
Now understands that the old stupid question is the one you don't ask! :)
When I set the alarm it has to end in "0"--6:30 cannot be 6:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keegansmommy View Post
Making a dinner reservation for our arrival night.
Made that mistake only once, too. We drive from Texas and it was so stressful trying to check in, get a little bit unpacked, freshened up and to our ressie on time.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:31 PM   #13
mommystieg
Now understands that the old stupid question is the one you don't ask! :)
When I set the alarm it has to end in "0"--6:30 cannot be 6:31

Thought of another one:

I always make sure I have alternate evenings planned to see the night time shows and fireworks. On our first visit ever it rained A LOT and I think it took us three tries to see the MK fireworks - they kept getting cancelled due to lightening. Now I always make sure to schedule the evening festivities during the earlier part of our trip so that if something does happen we can try again later in our trip.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:51 PM   #14
daughtryfan114
Earning My Ears

Not really sure if this is a mistake but wish I would have had more money to spend in the parks.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:08 AM   #15
Tinker_Belle
DIS Veteran

Our biggest mistakes...

1. On our first trip, I thought since DS didn't nap, we could spend the whole day at DHS - mostly doing shows. He had a viscous meltdown that night, and now we ALWAYS take a swim break at our resort after lunch.

2. The dining plan is a complete waste of money for us. We don't eat enough to warrant it, and there is way too much dessert included. We opted for free dining over the 35% RO offer for our last trip. Big mistake!

3. Over planning - The best trips we've had were the ones where we were able to take more time to sit back and take it all in.

Last edited by Tinker_Belle; 12-31-2012 at 11:33 AM.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: