Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-27-2012, 07:29 PM   #1
firemantnt52
Earning My Ears

Spa discounts on port days

Does anyone know what kind of discounts the Spa gives on Port Days?
Old 12-27-2012, 07:33 PM   #2
kcashner
DIS Veteran

It varies depending on how full they are with regular bookings.

Typically they have a "pick 3" (or 5 or 8) where they offer a list of mini-massages and let you choose which you want. They will sometimes offer a specific service at a low price. We've also seen mother/daughter specials even though kids normally can't use the spa.

They don't normally offer a percentage off of standard services because then the issue of whether to discount existing bookings would need to be handled.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:08 PM   #3
Gdes1
Mouseketeer

Just my 2 cents...even with the specials it is still horribly over priced for what they offer. Some of the worst customer service on the ship can be found at the spas (at least in my experience on the Magic and Wonder). It's also not licensed or regulated the way a spa in the U.S. would be, so the technicians are not necessarily trained like you might think.

If I had it to do over again, I would get a massage or something at home, right before the trip, and spend my time and money on the ship elsewhere.

On the EBPC, there were specials all of the time and one popular one is the "Pamper Package". It's like $159 for 75 minutes of treatments. You get a 50 minute massage and then while they give you a quick facial, they also do a foot or scalp massage. The way they write the special makes it sound like tons of treatments until you think about the overall time spent. So, just make sure to read carefully so you know what you are getting.
Gdes1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: