Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-24-2012, 08:42 PM   #1
poohj80
Got Hunny?

Resort Survey after recent stay - clock radios?

Maybe others have already posted about this, but received the online survey after our recent stay at BLT. Of course there were a lot of questions about the wifi service, but we were surprised to see so many questions about the clock radio (iHome) in the bedroom.

They asked how we used the clock radio - for time, as an alarm, to listen to music from i-devices, or to charge I-devices. Then several questions about how we'd feel if the clock radios were replaced with standard clocks.

Didn't think the digital clocks were worth as many questions but guess its shades of what may be to come in the resorts.

FINALLY found Snow White after she was MIA dealing with a strike at the mine all week
poohj80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 06:53 AM   #2
fla4fun
DIS Veteran

I always bring my own travel alarm to any hotel, because some of them you need to be a rocket scientist just to get the alarm set correctly. Plus my travel alarm is also a white noise machine, so I use it to block noises when I sleep. I plug my iPod in an outlet to charge.

Maybe if they put standard clocks in the room, they would be easier to operate, and maybe they have had problems with people taking the ones in the room now home with them. Just a thought . . . . .
fla4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-25-2012, 07:10 AM   #3
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Just had a similar experience with their poll. I've responded to many of these surveys over the years and was a bit surprised to see these questions. I seems like they must be getting a lot of comments about the clocks and are considering alternatives. I know we've had issues with the clocks having the wrong time and no apparent way for us to set them. Also, with the iPhone docking unit now becoming obsolete (because Apple is changing connectors) its probably time to replace those clocks.
Old 12-25-2012, 07:20 AM   #4
fla4fun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKW Lover View Post
Just had a similar experience with their poll. I've responded to many of these surveys over the years and was a bit surprised to see these questions. I seems like they must be getting a lot of comments about the clocks and are considering alternatives. I know we've had issues with the clocks having the wrong time and no apparent way for us to set them. Also, with the iPhone docking unit now becoming obsolete (because Apple is changing connectors) its probably time to replace those clocks.
I was staying at another hotel (not Disney) when the fall time change occurred. Maintenance had to go and change all the room clocks because you had to have tools to take the clock apart to set the time! I'd never seen that before, but they were some kind of i-device clock as well (not like Disney's though). I was glad to have my little travel alarm and just set it with a couple button pushes.
fla4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 07:34 AM   #5
poohj80
Got Hunny?

I never thought about the iPhone 5 having a different connector possibly driving the questions. I know we don't use the radio to charge our phones because they are in cases that don't fit in the docking station.

FINALLY found Snow White after she was MIA dealing with a strike at the mine all week
poohj80 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: