Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-24-2012, 01:33 PM   #1
zulemara
Oh Boy! I'm a WDW sailor!
Had a Thriller of a time on the Wonder

Hey George Kalagridis Clean up this mess!

I published a rumor article a while ago indicating Phil Holmes was potentially slated to take Crofton's place as President of WDW. Sources now indicate current DLR President George Kalagridis is slated to take her job in early 2013.

Who wants to join me in sending sound clips of "clean up this mess!" with a wish list of things to be FIXED!??

I'll start:
1. FIX DTD. I don't care what you do but for the love of all things Disney, DO SOMETHING with Pleasure Island!
2. Fix the Yeti
3. Fix the monorails
4. Stop blocking out CM maingates for 2+ months at a time

I could go on and on...

zulemara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 02:03 PM   #2
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

How about - raise the housekeeping standards at the parks and resorts. Things have been slipping in those areas for years.

You now see trash in random places in the parks where you never would have seen it. In the Resorts, rooms need to be cleaned more throughly by housekeeping - way too many reports of dirty rooms on check-in.

Also, how about doing more (rather than less) decorating for the holidays?
Register to remove

Old 12-24-2012, 02:32 PM   #3
Peter Pirate 2
I may be a Disney curmudgeon but I still have Disney hope
What happened to Peter Pirate?

How about simply returning to Walt's edict of "exceeding guests expectations."
Peter Pirate 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 02:46 PM   #4
TiggerGuys
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulemara View Post
I published a rumor article a while ago indicating Phil Holmes was potentially slated to take Crofton's place as President of WDW. Sources now indicate current DLR President George Kalagridis is slated to take her job in early 2013.

Who wants to join me in sending sound clips of "clean up this mess!" with a wish list of things to be FIXED!??

I'll start:
1. FIX DTD. I don't care what you do but for the love of all things Disney, DO SOMETHING with Pleasure Island!
2. Fix the Yeti
3. Fix the monorails
4. Stop blocking out CM maingates for 2+ months at a time
5. Teach your Cast Members some manners!

Going on the Internet to complain about the company you work for is not only tacky, but downright common!
TiggerGuys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 05:36 PM   #5
Peter Pirate 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggerGuys View Post

Going on the Internet to complain about the company you work for is not only tacky, but downright common!
There is a valid reason for CM complaints and all guests should applaud qnd suport them for it. Mr Iger hardly warrants his salary but the CM's are so underpaid and under appreciated it isn't even funny.
Old 12-25-2012, 07:13 PM   #6
zulemara

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggerGuys

Oh right I guess I'll lie through my teeth and tell everyone what a great company Disney is to work for.

And btw I'm not a CM.

Old 12-26-2012, 06:17 AM   #7
15isto2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulemara View Post
Oh right I guess I'll lie through my teeth and tell everyone what a great company Disney is to work for.

And btw I'm not a CM.
It was his first and only post.... dont feed the trolls

15isto2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 07:09 AM   #8
Dznefreek
R.I.P Bruce

Quote:
Originally Posted by 15isto2 View Post

It was his first and only post.... dont feed the trolls
I believe everyone who joins the DIS have "first and only" post . . . . . . . . . . .
Dznefreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 07:37 AM   #9
15isto2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dznefreek View Post
I believe everyone who joins the DIS have "first and only" post . . . . . . . . . . .
Nope, only those who join and only make one post never to return make a "first and only" post

15isto2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 07:19 PM   #10
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggerGuys

This is a total foul...a flagrant or technical

That's is not to say I support employee opinion without question...in particular the "stop blocking out the main gate" complaints (let's face it...who cares?)...

But...this snit is out of line...obviously not somebody who has a concept of what it really is like behind the name tag
Bought there....(SSR 2006)

Last Trip: Too Long Ago
Next Trip: Can i borrow some money to go?
Gift Shop Quality: When did we get to WalMart?
Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom

"May the Space Being bless the Free Market"

Last edited by lockedoutlogic; 12-28-2012 at 08:50 AM.
lockedoutlogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 05:33 PM   #11
CanadianGuy

Me and My Posse doing our New Kids on the Block moves at PI

DISboards Moderator

Yeah.. I concur with the list above and would strongly request they pick up the general maintenance and repair budget.

Too many rides, attractions and even the monorail are just not maintained properly and even 'stupid tourists' are starting to notice.

06/1995 - All Star Music | 11/1998 - Wilderness Lodge | 10/1999 - Disneyland
06/2006 - Pop Century | 03/2007 - Pop Century | 06/2007 - Coronado Springs
12/2007 - All Star Sports | 06/2008 - Pop Century | 09/2008 - All Star Sports
06/2010 - Swan | 06/2012 - Dolphin | 01/2013 - All Star Sports

CanadianGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:57 PM   #12
Peter Pirate 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianGuy View Post
Yeah.. I concur with the list above and would strongly request they pick up the general maintenance and repair budget.

Too many rides, attractions and even the monorail are just not maintained properly and even 'stupid tourists' are starting to notice.
"Stupid Tourists" is the operative term because that is definitely how Disney management sees it. Hopefully numbers will soon starkly tell them this but sadly I think the masses are simply too stupid. The Walmart-ing of America and Disney happily participates.
Old 12-26-2012, 10:19 PM   #13
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Pirate 2

"Stupid Tourists" is the operative term because that is definitely how Disney management sees it. Hopefully numbers will soon starkly tell them this but sadly I think the masses are simply too stupid. The Walmart-ing of America and Disney happily participates.
x2...and that opinion is largely correct. People are oblivious...by and large...to how their expensive vacation dollars are being stolen and abused
Bought there....(SSR 2006)

Last Trip: Too Long Ago
Next Trip: Can i borrow some money to go?
Gift Shop Quality: When did we get to WalMart?
Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom

"May the Space Being bless the Free Market"
lockedoutlogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:16 PM   #14
zulemara

I did not have any part of the recent Carsland at DHS announcement rumor. It took me as much by surprise as everyone else because I hadn't heard of anything being greenlit.

The background behind the cleaning woman comment, as I understand it, is that Matt Ouimet(a fan favorite and rightly so) was in line to take over as President of WDW. However, Rusulo wanted a puppet to do whatever he wanted. Meg Crofton, VP of HR, was given the position Matt Ouimet should have had by all accounts. Why on earth would you put the VP of HR in charge of the #1 vacation destination in the world? The fans refer to her this way because her background in HR suggests "cleaning up" management which didn't agree with Rusulo's way of thinking. Therefore, she gets the nickname as the cleaning woman.

Regarding the replacement, sources suggest it's possible the resorts will again be separated because the "One Disney" idea isn't working out as well as they thought. It's not clear what's happening to her other than stepping down. I'm assuming(and hoping) she leaves the company.

Regarding Iger/Staggs there are politics within the company which are supposed to lead to Iger leaving prior to his announced departure. It involves a lot of bad blood with John Lasseter and despite Iger technically being the boss, Lasseter holds a lot of unspoken power right now within the company.

Lastly my comment about the maingates is really part of an overall theme of cutting back CM perks out of nothing more than greed. I really don't want to turn this thread into a CM argument, but in the last 8 years I've seen a continual reduction in CM perks and it's really pissing me off. Disney is supposed to be a company known for treating its cast well and that reputation USED to be deserved. That's no longer the case. My specific qualm is them blocking out maingates for 2 solid months during the traditionally slower period. There's no justification for this as they will not be hitting phased closings in January and February. It's just the latest in a long string of cuts to CM benefits. As far as posting on the internet being tacky, my response is to A) get used to it, there are FAR worse people than me and B) if they didn't treat CMs like crap people wouldn't be complaining(or at least not in large numbers as they do currently)

And I'm not a CM anymore anyway

As always, anything posted is subject to change regarding the rumors. One day Spectro is coming back, the next they decide it's not. One day it's a CBJ refurb, the next they cut half the frickin show. One day FOTLK is closing in January, the next they renew contracts and suddenly it's not. Things are always in flux, but the source is extremely reliable on the Crofton info and George was seen with the FL governor parading around FLE. Now why would the President of DL be schmoozing with the FL governor? Isn't that Meg's job? Not for long...

Old 12-27-2012, 09:07 PM   #15
Peter Pirate 2

Zulmera, that was a good post but really you do not have to justify your posts to 99% of the posters on this site.. Thanks!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: