Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-18-2012, 09:20 PM   #1
disneydreaminA115
Long time lurker - coming out to play!

The Sweetest Little Disneymoon Ever! *4/25 Update! - Rise and Dine!*

Hey there folks, nice to see ya! We just got back from our sweet little Disneymoon on Sunday and after finishing up some college finals and getting our toddlers used to not eating chocolate for breakfast and watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse until midnight every day (thanks, Nana ) It's now time to start the trip report!

I'm sure you're all tired of hearing about the background of this trip, so I'll do a quick rundown, and if you're curious about the nitty gritty, check out the PTR in my siggy!

Who: DH and Me!

What: A Disneymoon!

Where: DISNEY of course! We stayed at the Grand Floridian in a theme park view room!

Why: Technically to celebrate an anniversary, but we never had a real honeymoon, so it was dual purposed

When: December 13th - December 16th. A short one, but it was wonderful none the less and I hope you'll join me in reliving some truly wonderful moments!

Are ya ready? Let's go!

*The evening star is shining bright, so make a wish and hold on tight, there's magic in the air tonight and anything could happen*

Grand Floridian Dec 2012 - The Sweetest Little Disneymoon Ever! **In Progress**
POP/POFQ Dec 2011 - Eating and Napping Our Way Through The World - A First Timers Black Friday Trip Report!

Last edited by disneydreaminA115; 04-25-2013 at 10:30 AM.
disneydreaminA115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:27 PM   #2
disneydreaminA115

Index

The Sweetest Little Disneymoon Ever!

Day 1

Part 1: The Arrival

Part 2: The Adventure Begins!

Part 3: An Artistic Meal

Part 4: A Wonderful Christmas Time

Day 2

Part 5: A Disappointing Breakfast

Part 6: Retail Therapy

Part 7: First Rides and Second Chances

Part 8: A Taste of Africa

Day 3

Part 9: Rise and Dine!

*The evening star is shining bright, so make a wish and hold on tight, there's magic in the air tonight and anything could happen*

POP/POFQ Dec 2011 - Eating and Napping Our Way Through The World - A First Timers Black Friday Trip Report!

Last edited by disneydreaminA115; 04-25-2013 at 10:30 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-18-2012, 10:23 PM   #3
disneydreaminA115

On Wednesday night myself, DH, Looberry and Lovebug, and Nana got together with my brother to celebrate what has become the annual tradition of pizza, tree trimming, and watching A Muppet Christmas carol. It never really feels like Christmas until we do this. We wrapped the candy-colored Christmas lights around the tree and DH had the honor of topping it with the star. The clock struck 8, and even though thats usually only the beginning of the night for DH and I (since he works until 11:30 usually) we had to get the girls to bed and get some sleep ourselves, since we had a very, very early morning.

We tucked the girls in and I gave them approximately a thousand and thirty five kisses, squeezed them about five minutes too long for their liking, and told them I loved them a dozen times. This would be the last time Id see them for 4 whole days. I know, I know so what? Its only 4 days. Ive never been away from my kids for more than 12 hours, and that was only twice since they were born. This was a big step for me. I knew that they would be perfectly fine with their Nana, and they probably wouldnt even realize I was gone for two days anyway Nana has that effect on them. But I would realize I was gone, all the way across the country for half a week. I had to get in all the kisses I could!

By 9:00 we finished packing our small bags and preparing our carry ons and hit the hay. 5am comes very early to these night owls!

Surprisingly we woke up mostly well rested and excited we were going on our second, but first REAL, Honeymoon! DISNEY WORLD HERE WE COME!
We quickly brushed our teeth and packed our toiletries, gave Nana the list of phone numbers and emergency information, kissed her goodbye. I stopped outside the Twincesss bedroom and prayed for peace and protection over them, and then were out the door leaving our little loves sleeping soundly for another few hours.

The morning was cold but clear and wintry, it was perfect. The skies were still pitch black when we rolled through Tim Hortons for our coffee, and we got to watch the fiery sunrise peaking to our left as we made the trip to the Buffalo Airport.

(Obligatory crack of dawn driving photo)

We checked in and got our boarding passes, breezed through security and made it to our terminal with an hour to spare. It was busy, and I could tell it was going to be a full flight, but the gate was filled with excited children and surprisingly happy parents. I had a peace about the trip and all the anxiety Id experienced the day before had melted away with the morning frost.

The made the boarding call a few minutes earlier than we anticipated, and despite some delays caused by those who somehow still havent managed to understand the concept of turning off electronics, we were in the air two minutes before our scheduled departure. A good sign!

The plane began the journey down, down, down, crossing over mountain range after mountain range, still adorned with a shimmering crown of clouds. I am double majoring in Communication/Rhetoric and Geology, so poor DH was forced to endure my constant oh! and ah! as I pointed out the different cloud formations and atmospheric wonders clearly humoring my fascination and amusement, for the most part.

We flew with JetBlue, whom I make it a point to fly with usually. The flight was decent with the exception that there was a ton of turbulence almost the entire way down. At one point over South Carolina we flew above a thunderstorm and I was fascinated to see the motion of the clouds beneath us, but we experienced a few pretty substantial dips and jolts, which eventually put me into a state of prayer and deep breathing techniques. I used to love flying until I had a very scary and turbulent flight once in San Diego, and it severely impaired my enjoyment of flying, but I digress.

I noticed the attendants beginning to come around with the snack carts, so I lowered my pull down tray and found that it, as well as the tv screen were really gross, absolutely caked in dried goo. It looked as though someone had splashed a cup of soda on the back of the seat in front of me and let it dry. I showed the stewardess and she remarked Ill get you a wet nap rather rudely. I had to ask her about 3 more times before I finally got one. Not up to par with the kind of service I have come to expect from JetBlue, but everyone has an off day so Ill cut them some slack.

I love that we get the Terra chips on JetBlue though! This time they were different; apparently theyve begun to add sweet potato chips to the bags along with the blue potatoes. They were good, though a little bit tougher to chew, and I still prefer the regular blue chips. They also had caramel popcorn chips, which I may have to try and find when I get home they were delicious! Similar in concept to a caramel flavored rice cake but saltier and lighter, and obviously made of popcorn. Yum!

I worked on a few final assignments for college and before I knew it we were getting ready to land, and the real magic would begin!

(Obligatory MCO terminal tree photo)

We landed without event and found our way to the DME where we ran into, surprisingly, an ENORMOUS crowd of people doing exactly the same thing. Now, I dont know if its because of the new Fantasyland opening, but last year when I visited at this exact time the parks were dead just like ALL the travel books said they would be. This year is completely opposite. There are crowds everywhere! We waited about 40 minutes (!) before we were finally able to board the DME and then found that we were last on the list of stops.

SQUEE!!

We entered the MK resort area quickly and began dropping off the rest of the bus - First the Wilderness Lodge, then the Contemporary, then the Poly, and finally us The Grand Floridian! It was a long trip but it didnt matter, we were here, alone, in DISNEY, about to have unbridled fun for the next 4 days. Very little could damper this day!

(Isn't he cute?!)

We finally pulled into the GF and were greeted by a very efficient cast member who led us to the check in counter.

And just as I'd been dreaming, the GF took my breath away, completely decked in Christmas splendor.

we got to the counter and begun our check in process. I had been calling for weeks, if not months, ever since I booked the GF to request a certain room. Id done hours (literally, yall) of research into which rooms had the best castle view, because I really didnt want to get stuck with a rubberneck castle view and a dead on view of Space Mountain. I finally settled on room 7331, so I made sure that I got that request in very nicely! I was anxious though, because I know no room request is ever guaranteed. As luck would have it, it wasnt guaranteed. I did not, the CM said, get room 7331 because it wasnt available. BUT I had room 7329, if that was acceptable. YES! Woo hoo! I just hoped now that it wasnt a tree room that Id heard so much about.

So DH and I grabbed our things and made the trek past the Gingerbread house and around the Sugar Loaf building to Conch Key, climbed the.. uh& elevator (HA), and meandered down the hall until we found our room.

We opened the door and I sighed a sigh of pure contentment. No matter the view at this point, the room was just lovely.

(I loved these sweet touches)

And was especially fond of this rather iconic painting

And the balcony! Oh the balcony! I could see even from the front door that it was wide and open exactly what Id been hoping for.

So what about that view? Well, you tell me!

I LOVE IT! Ahhhh so perfect!! We look STRAIGHT at it from across the water!! I was worried because in some pictures the castle looked tiny and far away in the distance, and I noticed the same thing when I tried to take a picture, so I took the above picture zoomed to a point where it looks true to life as far as the size that it looks to my naked eyes from my room. Its beautiful!

(Narcoossee's from our room!)

So now it was 1:30 and we were starved and ready for action, it was time to head to the Magic Kingdom!

Continued In Next Post

Last edited by disneydreaminA115; 12-28-2012 at 11:29 AM.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:24 PM   #4
disneydreaminA115

Hey y'all! I'm about to post Part II to day one, but if you're out there - speak up! I need some moral support here!

Old 12-28-2012, 05:04 AM   #5
brandihead2012
<3er of all things Disney!

Im here ....... Ppossstttt!!

Sparking up the Romance at WDW...March 2013 Trip Report for Lovers
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3009981&page=8

He finally said YES to Disney, a ptr for March 2013
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3009981

998 picture, 10 pairs of Shoes 2 Girls.. completed TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post25194679
brandihead2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:24 AM   #6
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

I thought I had already commented on this, but apparently not! Anyway, I'm here! The GF is my favourite resort, so I can't wait to see all of your pictures!

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Disney9.9.10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:26 PM   #7
tammilynne
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreaminA115

My sandwich  the sandwich I had been craving for the past 12 months  The Holiday! I LOVE this sandwich. Its pretty much exactly what I eat late at night on Thanksgiving, and the quality here is almost as good (and only because I make a killer turkey. *brushes off shoulder*) Ha! I digress

Continued In Next Post
Your sandwich looks amazing! Loving your trip report!

June 2006 All Star Movies - Star Wars weekends
July 2011 All Star Movies/Hard Rock Hotel- Disney/Universal trip
June 2013 Coronado Springs -Star Wars Weekends
tammilynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:34 AM   #8
burly
DIS Veteran

Hi, i'm jumping on board too. Really enjoying it so far....
burly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:23 AM   #9
disneydreaminA115

Quote:
Originally Posted by tammilynne View Post
Your sandwich looks amazing! Loving your trip report!
Quote:
Originally Posted by burly View Post
Hi, i'm jumping on board too. Really enjoying it so far....
Thanks guys! Welcome!!

Old 01-11-2013, 10:34 AM   #10
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

I read your update yesterday and I thought that I posted… interesting lol What a frustrating morning for you though! There is no reason that you should have had to wait that long, and a couple of fastpasses really don't make up for you missing a meal that you really wanted to go to (and you had an ADR for). Hopefully the day got better from there!

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Disney9.9.10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:56 AM   #11
brandihead2012
<3er of all things Disney!

That sucks about your breakfast. That is my biggest worry about not renting a car. I'm going to program some cab services in my phone just in case. We have 2 early breakfasts and they are important ones Earl is of my favorites places to eat as well. I love the Caprises sandwich!

Sparking up the Romance at WDW...March 2013 Trip Report for Lovers
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3009981&page=8

He finally said YES to Disney, a ptr for March 2013
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3009981

998 picture, 10 pairs of Shoes 2 Girls.. completed TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post25194679
brandihead2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:51 AM   #12
disneydreaminA115

Hooray!! Hi Susie!! Thanks for joining in!!!!

Old 04-03-2013, 02:16 PM   #13
Pesky
"Who's the monkey?!"

Just catching up and so sad that there were such horrible parents there! It just ruins it for everyone and you have to wonder about such people -- did you really pay all this money to make horrible family memories? So sad. At least you got to do some things you wanted to though!

DH, the Disney doubter Me DD6 DS4
DLR Plan #2!: Coming soon to a DLR near you
WDW Plan: October 2016 (so very, very far away )
Pesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:34 PM   #14
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Catching up...great TR and pics!
Old 04-03-2013, 08:57 PM   #15
disneydreaminA115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pesky View Post
Just catching up and so sad that there were such horrible parents there! It just ruins it for everyone and you have to wonder about such people -- did you really pay all this money to make horrible family memories? So sad. At least you got to do some things you wanted to though!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Catching up...great TR and pics!
Thank you so much for joining guys!!! It means a lot to me to see people responding!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: