Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-2012, 01:54 AM   #1
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

A Trip to the World Changed Our World

This TR is a hard one. I debated not writing it, but I do so enjoy reports. I have limited my dis time since returning, but I think it is now time to get back on with life and write the report!

The PTR for this is located here

I am going to try and not go into a great deal of painful details, so I fear this report may be a bit boring. I will however load as many pictures as I can.

The inspiration for the title is this.... After my most recent trip to the world. One of the people in my room is a convert. Having never been before, she can't wait to go back with her dbf. Another believes she never ever wants to go back again and will likely never venture on the disboards again. Another lost a friend and questioned who she thought she was. Luckily though, the trip did not affect the last person in our room at all and she is still my "love all things Disney" sort of gal. (even though she is out growing the princesses just a tad. )

So just a brief who when and where....

There was myself, Ann.

My oldest daughter, Kira. (and her dh)

My youngest daughter, Zoe.

And finally Kira's sil, Amanda. (who is on the end)

If you read the PTR, you know there was another room. This report will be mainly focused on what went on with those in my room only.

We stayed at POFQ from 9/25 to 10/4 and at AoA for the night of 10/4

Next up: 9/25 - Day 1 Part 1

Last edited by annmarieda; 12-18-2012 at 12:33 PM.
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:17 AM   #2
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Chapter Links

9/25 - Day 1 Part 1
9/25 - Day 1 Part 2
9/26 - Day 2 Part 1
9/26 - Day 2 Part 2
9/26 - Day 2 Part 3
9/27 - Day 3 Part 1
9/27 - Day 3 Part 2
9/27 - Day 3 Part 3
9/27 - Day 3 Part 4
9/28 - Day 4
9/29 - Day 5 Part 1
9/29 - Day 5 Part 2
9/29 - Day 5 Part 3
9/30 - Day 6 Part 1
9/30 - Day 6 Part 2
10/1 - Day 7 Part 1
10/1 - Day 7 Part 2
10/1 - Day 7 Part 3
10/2 - Day 8 Part 1
10/2 - Day 8 Part 2
10/2 - Day 8 Part 3
10/3 - Day 9 Part 1
10/3 - Day 9 Part 2
10/3 - Day 9 Part 3
10/4 - Day 10 Part 1
10/5 - Day 11 - GOING HOME!

Last edited by annmarieda; 04-28-2013 at 12:53 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-17-2012, 07:03 AM   #4
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Here....be back to read in a bit.

***great intros....and you certainly have me wondering about many things.

Last edited by KatMark; 12-17-2012 at 08:47 AM.
KatMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:17 AM   #5
lilpixiebabe101
DIS Veteran

Location: Lousiana- 14 hours away from my happiest place on earth!!!

I'm here! I'm here! And all I'm going to say is you summed that all up very well and ( one from each of us. Lol)
lilpixiebabe101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:58 AM   #6
MEK
DIS Veteran

So glad I checked the regular TR boards and saw that you just started. I'm definitely in!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:49 PM   #7
lilpixiebabe101
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momabaarjo
Why do I think we are going to have stab wounds and issues surrounding desserts when we go in September? I a battle in the works...hmmm do they just have a dessert dining plan...

I love the Lobster Eggs Benedict too! YUMMMMMMMMMM!!!! Boo was just mentioning the other day is wants to make Strawberry soup...silly boy they are not in season yet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda

I do love the desserts... but then... I love all food really. It is amazing that I don't way a thousand pounds! Maybe it is cause I always share? You know...things have less calories when you share. So we can look at that as motivation to not stab each other
Lol at you both about the stabbing over desserts! I've been saying if we all share, we can try ALL the different desserts... And not have a fridge full that we will have to sacrifice ourselves at some point and eat.... Or well that's not really all that bad either! We can share all those too!!!!!
Old 01-17-2013, 11:50 PM   #8
lilpixiebabe101
DIS Veteran

Ann is this the meltdown that had us all texting back and forth on or was this another one?
Old 01-18-2013, 02:19 PM   #9
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Better than looking half asleep? Shock of taking of sunglasses?
If memory serves, the photographer was taking a long time for the shot and I was trying to hold the pose. I posted the pic to my PTR last night..so it isn't totally just a bit

Quote:
Hands down my favorite resort. We were only able to do it thanks to a 35% PIN code. The likes of which I've never seen again of course. And now that we are DVC will probably never happen again, both the PIN code and ever staying there but oh I love that resort! If they had villas I would be all over it.
The one time we stayed there, can you believe it was an upgrade (a free one) from Pop?!!! It was my dd's graduation trip and so it was just Kira, Zoe and I. It was our first time staying on property and I was SOOO confused. When checking in, the cm started the process and then went in "back" and then came out. The cm was so excited...she was nearly shaking when she tried to spit out that they would like to extend us an offer to move us to a deluxe resort. She asked what our favorite park was. I wasn't sure she was trying to sell us something...or what was going on. (we had just flown in remember) Kira kinda took over at that point and was like YES, just say YES mom. She told the cm that our favorite park was Epcot and away we went to YC. They even got us a cab to take us there. Now... when we got to YC, the cms were not nearly as excited. They were more like.. "you were to stay at Pop and they moved you here?" "how nice for you" (and not said with excitement. )

Quote:
I confess I'm the SW snob around here, I used to it it every now and then for business travel and really hated the cattle car aspect. With smaller kids no way was I going to try it. Even now with the kids it would stress me out I think. That said, if it was the best deal, I'd do it. I will pay more for the direct, within reason. This summer I was set on a red eye as really, nothing forces the time change better with the kids and Alaska has gone down to weekend only ones (which are now ridiculously expensive). United had better times but I've had such horrible luck with them changing schedules I just wasn't willing to risk it so we did Delta there and Alaska back which at least lets us get Alaska miles for the whole thing. Kind of a bummer, I used to be able to book the Alaska non stop, through Delta, for less than Alaska was selling it for. Sadly they've wised up and it doesn't show up anymore. The return flight, if you go on the right day, seems to be decent priced but it's the getting there that's insane.
I think one of the reasons I don't mind SW is that Zoe gets a preboard status. So we get on before anyone else. She could get that on other airlines too...but believe me, it is all about the service sometimes to me...and I have only had the gate agents be nice about it at SW, where as with united and continental I received hostility ("it isn't noted on her ticket" "I don't' see why she needs it" etc...)

The seats are also roomier than some that we have had on united or continental. Nothing worse that not being able to bend down to pick something up!

Quote:

Oh that's no fun, even if you do rebound and we all eventually do, it's still no fun to go through.
No, it isn't... but crankiness does happen so just best to try and brace for it and then when it over just let it go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Agreed about that rushed feeling heading to the tram part of the Backlot Tour! That Prop Shop is one of the most interesting queues, and you have to run through it!
I know, right? It is like they set it up thinking that the walkthrough would take much longer than it does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
we usually fly Alaskan to the east coast - hate taking connecting flights and SW on shorter hops....like using the same airlines to get those points racked up!
I use to really like straight flights, but with Zoe's issues it is nice to have the break to "regroup" in a "real" setting for a bit. It does make the day longer, but it breaks up that flight. Plus since no one offers food (well, I know Alaska does...but it isn't quite as good as even the food you can get in the airport) it is nice to have a meal while waiting for the connecting flight.

Quote:
great photos of you and the girls in front of the hat!
Thank you! We had some fun trying to pose.

Quote:
sorry for the grumpies...we get those here a lot too!
I think most people do. I think if you have kids, no matter what their age... you know it can happen. I am not entirely sure that some who do not have kids get that. (which incidentally is I think a contributing factor in how things between our room and the second room in our group had a falling out)

Quote:
Art of Animation is our FAV, love doing the sketches each time!
We had only done that show once before. We have only done the character spot once and finally on this trip (although on another day) we did the sketch class. I am not sure why we can't do it all in one trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Enjoyed the update, Ann. I think it happens to every family where there is a little "stress" at times (Andy and I had a few words on our recent trip).
Thanks... I think it does happen. I just wish I had more understanding from others that it can and does happen.

Quote:
Love Beauty & The Beast. Must try to see that this trip if the rumor is true that it will be going away.
Going away?!!!??? NOOOO!!! Ok, when? Before next fall? I am going to have to make changes to my plan for next month if that is the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishing4PA View Post
I'm so glad you're back! And I finally went and got caught up -- I had to start back before the Christmas posts. Now that I'm caught up, keep 'em coming!
Thank you! It feels good to at least be attempting to post more on dis. I am still struggling to keep up and the events from the fall trip still sting a bit... but I do love the dis!
Quote:
I have to agree about the GF. I love it, it is gorgeous and definitely evokes old-time Florida grandeur, but I feel a little riff-raffy there too.
I'd certainly stay there if I got the chance, in spite of that, though.
grandeur... yes, that is a good word for it. I don't think I would say I would NEVER stay there, but I think it definitely is lower on my wish list.
Quote:
Oh, BATB ... sadly, I've heard that rumor too.
Ok, I am going to have to search for the rumor on this. I will have to try and see it one last time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Oh, Ann, don't worry about a few "mistunes" betweens so many girls - happens to the best of us.
It does happen to the best of us, right? Now... honestly, yes... my oldest is a bit high strung. But she is also one of my favorite people in the world and I adore her. Does she have the ability to make me absolutely nuts? YES. Does she even hurt my feelings on occasion? Yes, but... I am a big girl and I can get past it. Really, despite the fact that my friend from this trip and I are no longer speaking... I am able to let things go and move past things. I am pretty easy going and all it takes for me to be happy when someone does something "cranky" is to say "I am sorry" and I am good to go...all is forgiven.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Awww...I'm sorry everyone wasn't happy campers at the start of DHS. But, I'm glad to hear things were calm by the end of BatB. I think it happens at some point(s) to every family and/or group on a Disney vacay.
Thanks, it wasn't fun... but I agree with you it does happen at some point to most people, yes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpixiebabe101 View Post
Lol at you both about the stabbing over desserts! I've been saying if we all share, we can try ALL the different desserts... And not have a fridge full that we will have to sacrifice ourselves at some point and eat.... Or well that's not really all that bad either! We can share all those too!!!!!
I can be good at sharing...I just need to get past my germaphobic nature
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpixiebabe101 View Post
Ann is this the meltdown that had us all texting back and forth on or was this another one?
This one was rather small, but it was what led to the next one. (sometimes my joking can get me into trouble. )
Old 01-18-2013, 02:41 PM   #10
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
It does happen to the best of us, right? Now... honestly, yes... my oldest is a bit high strung. But she is also one of my favorite people in the world and I adore her. Does she have the ability to make me absolutely nuts? YES. Does she even hurt my feelings on occasion? Yes, but... I am a big girl and I can get past it. Really, despite the fact that my friend from this trip and I are no longer speaking... I am able to let things go and move past things. I am pretty easy going and all it takes for me to be happy when someone does something "cranky" is to say "I am sorry" and I am good to go...all is forgiven.
Oh Ann, I think we are going to get along well. This is just my philosophy.
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:51 PM   #11
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Going away?!!!??? NOOOO!!! Ok, when? Before next fall? I am going to have to make changes to my plan for next month if that is the case.

I haven't read anything definite on it, just rumors (rumor has it that the Mermaid thing at DHS will be leaving too). I read they want to replace with Raphunzel.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:33 PM   #12
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Oh Ann, I think we are going to get along well. This is just my philosophy.
I think it is a good one to have. And it has to work both ways too... I try to see the side of others when I upset them and acknowledge their feelings..and make my own apologies. I have never in my life had someone stay mad at me or not make an attempt to apologize for whatever their part (no matter how large or small) was in whatever the issue was.... that is until recently.

Quote:
I haven't read anything definite on it, just rumors (rumor has it that the Mermaid thing at DHS will be leaving too). I read they want to replace with Raphunzel.
Now the mermaid thing... I could be happy with a Raphunzel replacement.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:48 PM   #13
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I think it is a good one to have. And it has to work both ways too... I try to see the side of others when I upset them and acknowledge their feelings..and make my own apologies. I have never in my life had someone stay mad at me or not make an attempt to apologize for whatever their part (no matter how large or small) was in whatever the issue was.... that is until recently.
Ann, I have experienced it once, someone staying mad at me (and I at her). And yes, I laugh. Let me explain. Our cousin seperated from her boyfriend and we wanted to give them a bit of a treat, so we invited them to DLRP for 5 nights. After discussing dates we booked and a week before we went she didn't feel it any more and backed out. We were left with the cost!
I let her know how I felt and she told me she would stop speaking to me because it was unfair to "blame" her.
Her loss not mine - we don't speak any more, but she missed out on a lot and so did her little girl (now already 16 years old! )
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:42 PM   #14
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

I wonder, it is possible she did put on the same amount of time. You'll never know. But if she isn't a type A, improving her own times may simply not have been the motivator for her that maybe it was for you? I see this with our kids, training equally but one improving more at a quicker pace be it running, hiking, swimming whatever. Part natural ability I think but part internal passion and push. If you are motivated to beat yourself, you will but if your goal is different you might put in that same amount of time but never really push and yet still feel you are doing what you should be doing. Is the slower kid working as hard as the faster? To me, the mom, often not but boy he sure thinks he is and I have to respect that. Seriously I could see your exact scenario if my 2 boys tried to train and run together. Who all are you running with for the phm?
Old 02-10-2013, 01:56 PM   #15
susanrose73
Mouseketeer

Congrats on the race! I'm not a runner, but I'd like to be one day!

June 2013: POR Anniversary Trip!
susanrose73 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: