Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-15-2012, 11:54 AM   #1
twoplustwins
DIS Veteran

Family of 6 - AoA, ASMu Suite, or somewhere else?

We are planning a trip for June. We thought we would stay at Bonnet Creek, but with the new promo expected to be released on January 3, we are looking to stay onsite.

We have four children, that will be 10, 8, 6, and 6 when we arrive. I was thinking about a suite at ASMusic or AoA. I don't like the cabins, as we like a resort feel. We have ruled out two rooms, because we like the idea of having a kitchenette. Although I would love to stay in a villa or WL deluxe room, we cannot afford it. Any ideas? Pros/cons of each resort?

Nov 2009 - POR
Jan 2012 - CBR
June 2013 - CSR
November 2014 - Pop

Last edited by twoplustwins; 12-15-2012 at 02:52 PM.
twoplustwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 05:08 AM   #2
fla4fun
DIS Veteran

Have you checked into renting DVC points for your stay? I don't know what your budget is, but you may be able to get a two bedroom villa for a comparable price to a family suite, depending on the resort (and what promos they may offer on the family suites). Now would be the time to get going though if you want to try that route as you're right at the 6-7 month window for June.

As far as the family suites go, either would suit your needs. The suites at ASM are often included in the discount promotions, where it's been hit and miss with the AoA suites and discounts. ASM has three separate fold out beds in the living room as opposed to the two fold out beds at AoA, if you have kids that don't like to share a bed. Both have a queen bed in the bedroom, the kitchenette and two bathrooms.

Most people will say to go for AoA because it's new, but if you can save money by staying at ASM, I say go for it.
fla4fun is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: