DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-14-2012, 11:59 AM   #1
WheresPerry
Home Resort Saratoga Springs

First stay using DVC Overall Great but one mishap.

Hey all,

This was my first stay since purchasing in November. We stayed from December 5th-11th. Since i booked my trip so close to the actual travel date we had to move around a couple of times. We first stayed at a 2 Bedroom (5th-7th) then went to a 1 bdrm (7th-8th) back to a 2 bdrm (8th-10th) then to a studio (10th-11th) since half our party left.

When going into the 1 bdrm i found some dirt or black stuff all over the left side of the trim entering the laundry room. I was able to clean it off easily with wet paper towel. Wasn't upset about it. i understand there is a lot to cover in a short period of time before the next guests check in.

BUT.... when i checked into the Studio for our last night i was very upset. I found papers still written on from the previous guest and i found cobwebs in the room between the bathroom entry and the door that services the room next door. (see picture below) I called the front desk and stated i wanted a manager to come to my room. i stated what the problem was and was told a manager would be by shortly. after 30 mins i called again and was told the same thing. after another 30 mins i called yet again and was told that the manager was told a wrong room number, and that the manager will be calling in the next few min. the manager called and i explained stating this was unacceptable for what people pay in dues each year. he stated he would have someone come by and take care of it. i said that wouldn't be necessary. he stated he didn't know what i wanted and i said thanks for your help and told him to have a good night. then someone arrived 20 mins later to clean the cobwebs which i already took care of.

is there someone else i should have called.

WheresPerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:21 PM   #2
crisi
DIS Veteran

Oh dear, lower your expectations. Those are minor issues with a DVC room.

We've had broken towel bars, missing drawers, moldy showers and dirty fridges and stoves in twelve years, we just plan on a quick clean of anything that bothers us.
crisi is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-14-2012, 01:38 PM   #3
erionm
DIS Veteran

Even though the button says front desk, it really connects you to an offsite call center. If you really need to speak with someone at the front desk, the best way is to go there.

If they room is not clean, you should have called housekeeping.
Old 12-14-2012, 02:44 PM   #4
cvjw
DIS Veteran

I would not have wasted that much of my vacation time on a few cobwebs. We don't let the small stuff get to us - we are at Disney to relax and have fun. If I need to do some touch up cleaning to our villa, I just do it. If there are major issues with the villa, I will tell the front desk when we check out.
cvjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 04:07 PM   #5
twinboysmom
DIS Veteran

Unfortunately OP, I must agree with the previous posters.
Old 12-14-2012, 04:12 PM   #6
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Which resort was this?
Old 12-14-2012, 11:57 PM   #7
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba's Mom View Post
What kind of bothers me is why should we have to go to the front desk to get any satisfaction? Sometimes that just isn't practical. What are people supposed to do if there's one adult and children)? What if you just got out of the shower and are dripping wet? Maybe you just encountered a plumbing issue. People think it's acceptable that we supposedly can call the front desk, but it's not really the front desk so our message isn't carried? A couple years ago, I was on a solo trip and woke up one morning with severe intestinal rebellion (use your imagination). I called the front desk several times with no response. Finally, I just opened the door and screamed and cried (real juvenile response, I know). Being told "you have to go to the front desk" wouldn't be a good response for me. And yet, is everyone OK with this?
It's the same for ALL the WDW resorts. This isn't a DVC thing, that the Front Desk button doesn't get answered by people at the resort. It's a Disney thing.

If you have a maintenance problem, call maintenance. Housekeeping problem, call housekeeping.

I would have had a problem with those webs, as that shows quite a bit of time of Housekeeping ignoring them, so I probably would have made sure to get Housekeeping management informed of the problem. And if my aunt, who used to be a hotel housekeeper herself and knows VERY well what a hard and rotten job it is, was staying with us, she probably would have marched down to wherever Housekeeping keeps themselves and gotten ALL of them involved. (she would not have appreciated those webs...the job is hard, but you are, actually, supposed to DO IT if you're a housekeeper)

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynutz View Post

Owners cleaning their rooms because Mousekeeping doesn't do a proper job doesn't make sense to me just like me swapping of furnace filters or re-chalking the bathtub doesn't make sense either. If I wanted to do those things I could stay home, put on my Disney music, spray my Disney scents, and take the time to look at all of the Disney stuff that decorates our house including our Walt/Mickey statue.

Bill
I agree.

Just like I made sure everyone who needed to know, knew when our dryer didn't work at the 1 bedroom at Boardwalk (washing/drying clothes was the ONLY reason we had booked that room intead of a Studio, so I could wash/dry all night while we slept during our midnight to checkout stay there). I mean, that's not something I could fix myself, but I let EVERYONE know. Including writing to DVC after our stay. If they don't know, they don't know. Perhaps they are waiting for 100 complaints about the same issue before they do something about it...I am absolutely willing to be part of that 100 complaints. I don't want to have to clean something that I didn't make dirty.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:20 AM   #8
DPCummerbund
Mouseketeer

I've often wondered - are these issues worse at Saratoga Springs and OKW than they are at the DVC resorts that are shared with a Deluxe property?

I know the DVC rooms can be reserved by cash-paying guests, so I've often thought that Disney pays more attention to those rooms. Has this proven to be true, or is it just wishful thinking on my part?
DPCummerbund is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: