Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-13-2012, 11:48 AM   #1
antkim
"Easy to love"
Figured out how to feel good
More blessings on the way
 
antkim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 3,647

Chh

I have read lots of great reviews about CHH and really would like to try it next month. My question is specifically about fried shrimp and clam chowder...being from NE we can be a bit snobby when it comes to seafood LOL DH is really the food/seafood snob since he has a fishing boat and eats fresh catch a lot in the summer. For those that really enjoy these 2 menu items do they compare to the seafood we are used to in the Cape Cod/Maine area? Just curious! How about the fried fish basket? I have one son that love fish/chips and another that would eat tuna every day for breakfast, lunch and dinner if I let him! LOL

Personally I think I am leaning towards the Broccoli peppercorn salad.

Thanks for you input. I am really looking forward to trying someplace new and the quiet upstairs dining sounds wonderful too!

Kim
antkim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:15 PM   #2
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate
 
TDC Nala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Not far enough outside the Beltway
Posts: 58,385
DISboards Moderator

Don't expect fresh New England seafood.

Not bad for fast food fare though.
__________________
TDC Nala is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-13-2012, 12:21 PM   #3
antkim
"Easy to love"
Figured out how to feel good
More blessings on the way
 
antkim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 3,647

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
Don't expect fresh New England seafood.

Not bad for fast food fare though.
LOL obviously I did not think it was going to be fresh NE seafood. I was simply asking for a comparison I guess. Most reviews rave about it which is why I asked.
antkim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:26 PM   #4
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER
I have a smile on my face a mile wide
Let’s just say that Mr. Feeney came out “well done”
 
pumba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Posts: 24,714
DISboards Moderator

I am a Mainer...and I have had the chowder...its not bad at all...shrimp is sometimes good and sometimes greasy...
BUT do not go to the Cape May Buffet for dinner...cause it was not NE type of seafood that I was expecting..
Have fun and give it a try..
__________________


pumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:32 PM   #5
antkim
"Easy to love"
Figured out how to feel good
More blessings on the way
 
antkim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 3,647

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumba View Post
I am a Mainer...and I have had the chowder...its not bad at all...shrimp is sometimes good and sometimes greasy...
BUT do not go to the Cape May Buffet for dinner...cause it was not NE type of seafood that I was expecting..
Have fun and give it a try..
Funny you should say that because I have read lots of great reviews on Cape May also but one I read years ago was if you are from NE don't go because it is not the seafood you expect!

I am looking forward to it!
antkim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:41 PM   #6
Micca
You gotta love a great plan like that
Will be spending some time with George Harrison
I have known whack-a-doodles in my day
 
Micca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Mostly the basement
Posts: 20,061

How do you feel about Long John Silver's? I'd say CHH and LJS are comparable. CHH may be better, but the two are not worlds apart.

I cringe when I see people here saying "We're from (fill-in a region famous for a particular dish here) and was wondering how the (famous dish) is in WDW?"

For that individual, the answer is: Not even close. That doesn't mean it's not good(for most people) but there's no way it will measure up to your hometown specialty.

BTW, I remember when you got the boat! What did you end up naming it?
Micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:46 PM   #7
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran
 
North of Mouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 5,177

Quote:
Originally Posted by antkim View Post
Funny you should say that because I have read lots of great reviews on Cape May also but one I read years ago was if you are from NE don't go because it is not the seafood you expect!

I am looking forward to it!
Actually Cape May is one of the places that dh & I truly love. The crab legs are delicious, and we thought the clam chowder was very good. We've gone to Maine quite a lot and had seafood (mostly chowder and lobsters, of course) there and during our trip.

But, we just got back from Disney, and they changed the clam chowder to seafood chowder with shrimp, scallops, clams, and corn I think were most of the ingredients and it was thicker. It was good, but we really missed the chowder.

They asked us on the way out how our meal was, so told them we missed the chowder. They said it we had known, we could have asked our server for some, as that is their *base* for their new seafood chowder. Well, next time we'll know
North of Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:19 PM   #8
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran
 
North of Mouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 5,177

Quote:
Originally Posted by antkim View Post
I have read lots of great reviews about CHH and really would like to try it next month. My question is specifically about fried shrimp and clam chowder...being from NE we can be a bit snobby when it comes to seafood LOL DH is really the food/seafood snob since he has a fishing boat and eats fresh catch a lot in the summer. For those that really enjoy these 2 menu items do they compare to the seafood we are used to in the Cape Cod/Maine area? Just curious! How about the fried fish basket? I have one son that love fish/chips and another that would eat tuna every day for breakfast, lunch and dinner if I let him! LOL

Personally I think I am leaning towards the Broccoli peppercorn salad.

Thanks for you input. I am really looking forward to trying someplace new and the quiet upstairs dining sounds wonderful too!

Kim
No, not close, but about what you'd get at most places for the same things. I am from the Gulf coast (LA), and we too are pretty particular about our seafood.
North of Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:24 PM   #9
antkim
"Easy to love"
Figured out how to feel good
More blessings on the way
 
antkim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 3,647

Quote:
Originally Posted by North of Mouse View Post
No, not close, but about what you'd get at most places for the same things. I am from the Gulf coast (LA), and we too are pretty particular about our seafood.
So we are on the same page! I think I will just suggest we eat here and not build it up to DH. He will be happy to have seafood probably since lots of choices are more burgers, pizza etc.

Thanks again
antkim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:26 AM   #10
cymbaldiva
DIS Veteran
 
cymbaldiva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: entirely too far away from home...
Posts: 1,468

Quote:
Originally Posted by antkim View Post
I have read lots of great reviews about CHH and really would like to try it next month. My question is specifically about fried shrimp and clam chowder...being from NE we can be a bit snobby when it comes to seafood LOL DH is really the food/seafood snob since he has a fishing boat and eats fresh catch a lot in the summer. For those that really enjoy these 2 menu items do they compare to the seafood we are used to in the Cape Cod/Maine area? Just curious! How about the fried fish basket? I have one son that love fish/chips and another that would eat tuna every day for breakfast, lunch and dinner if I let him! LOL

Personally I think I am leaning towards the Broccoli peppercorn salad.

Thanks for you input. I am really looking forward to trying someplace new and the quiet upstairs dining sounds wonderful too!

Kim
It's counter service in a theme park - set your expectations accordingly.
__________________
cymbaldiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:36 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.