Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2012, 07:45 PM   #1
4fordisneyworld
Mouseketeer

We've Joined the Ranks of Being Sick Right Before Trip :(

I am so bummed and hoping we are all so much better by next Tuesday for our flight. If not, will be having to eat quite a few DVC points. I have never invested in the trip insurance but wishing I had for this one. I am not a die hard who believes in going anyway and infecting the rest of the airplane and fellow families trying to enjoy Mickey.

After hearing about how sick, it seems, everyone has already been in the World, I am dreading ending up with round two once we get there. My local pharmacist even mentioned how bad Disney has been in particular...and we live in Colorado! Craziness. My thinking of we already got it so we should be great is a positive outlook, but in reality I know we are just as likely to pick something up there since it is complete different viruses running rampant. If we do make it, I have a rental car lined up now. Those buses are just asking for it! Although we will still use DME and rent from Car Care Center.

I have one with upper respiratory junk and one with stomach flu. So far I have not fully gotten either, but feel like pure crud. I have used so much disinfectant, in hopes they won't share with one another, that I feel like the stuff is coming out of my pores!!!

I really want to be packing and have stuff strewn all over my living room but every time I get up and try to get motivated I lose my gumption and lay right back down. I know we still have a little time to prepare, but I am a planner and like to be 90% packed a week out. That would have been yesterday.

I had just posted last week to a concerned Dismember who was worried about getting sick down there....need to go reread my words! lol

I will feel very fortunate if we can get the gift of in the form of health! Off to take more supplements and disinfect a few hundred more things.

Thanks for listening to me whine
Old 12-12-2012, 07:52 PM   #2
naomi78155
SAHM 2two. LOVE DiS!

Gah! Hope you are all well soon! We leave in just over a day and are all sick. DD is just getting over a bad cold, DS and DH are just getting it. We have already had to move our trip once, so we are just loading up on vitamins, getting lots of rest and praying for the best.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-12-2012, 07:55 PM   #3
4fordisneyworld
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by naomi78155 View Post
Gah! Hope you are all well soon! We leave in just over a day and are all sick. DD is just getting over a bad cold, DS and DH are just getting it. We have already had to move our trip once, so we are just loading up on vitamins, getting lots of rest and praying for the best.
Good Luck and I hope your trip is wonderful!!
Old 12-12-2012, 08:34 PM   #4
naomi78155
SAHM 2two. LOVE DiS!

Thanks, same to you!
Old 12-13-2012, 08:06 AM   #5
cvjw
DIS Veteran

How awful - hope your family makes a speedy recovery and can enjoy your Disney trip. We leave in 2 weeks, and so far we are all well. We visited Disney the 1st week of January last year, and I have never seen so many sick people in one place. Even though we are hand sanitizer fanatics, people were coughing everywhere = I ended up getting sick, which was the first time ever.

If you have to cancel, try and rent your reservation. Since DVC is sold out, I'm sure lots of people would like to add nights onto their trip (us included).
cvjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:29 AM   #6
phins_jazy
You might have noticed that my boyfriend glitters. It's just something that he does in the sun. Don't worry about it.

We leave in 8 days and my oldest is down with a crazy cough. Feels fine otherwise. No fever, body aches or anything like that. So she's been home from school for 2 days now with strict orders to stay in bed and rest. I have lysol bombed the entire house hoping that no one else in the house gets sick. I hope yall get to feeling better and can enjoy your trip!

phins_jazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:17 AM   #7
auralia
DIS Veteran

We were there last week and I got sick they day we left with painful muscles, ear ache, and cold symptoms. It has now lasted 5 days and I am still not 100%
Old 12-19-2012, 01:04 AM   #8
DopeyDonald
Mouseketeer

You are talking about my worst nightmare! However, I must say that I worried, worried, worried about getting sick (we just got back on Saturday from a 7 day trip) no one did. We didn't see anyone who was sick, nor did we get so much as a cough! So, I think it just depends on the luck of the draw!
I even LOOKED for sick people because I was so worried about it! I do have to say that we rented a car for the first time and we ate Emergen-C like crazy 2 weeks before our trip and drank keifer. So going to Disney in the winter without getting sick CAN be done!! :D

Short but Not Sweet Trip Report
You're NOT 5 Until You Eat Cake in the Castle - a Feb/Mar TR in Progress

DopeyDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:53 AM   #9
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

We ,too, just got back a week ago from two weeks there. Thankfully, we never caught any bug or cold there either. If I heard any child (or anyone) coughing, I got out of the area fast if I could LOL.

Yes, I know, it's in the air, on everything we touched, but we tried to be extra careful with hand washing, sanitizer gel, etc. And, one of the main things (our Dr. tells us) is to keep your hands *away* from your face. It's an almost impossible thing to do - without thinking, you rub your eye, an itchy nose, etc. And, as for children, they touch everything, then the next thing, there hands are in their mouths, not just babies either - I observed many, though have no little ones now. Then, of course, their wet hands grab the rails in the queues, etc. Yuck!

OP, sure hope y'all are feeling better, and have a safe, trip!
North of Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:35 PM   #10
resablue
Earning My Ears

Just got back Wednesday, The first two days it rained and then couldn't go to the parks because I was sick for the last half of the trip. I saved for this trip for a year, not only money but had to scrimp to save my time at work. So disappointed. I am still sick. That being said, I didn't see many other sick people out and about, if they are there, maybe they are staying in their rooms.
resablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:39 PM   #11
yeahdisney
DIS Veteran

Last year our friend had reservations with DVC their child had the flu and mom came down with it the day before they were to leave. Disney did let them reschedule. I don't know their use year butthey changed from November to Easter break. Could of been one time exception. Good luck.
yeahdisney is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: