Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2012, 06:57 PM   #1
NEVERENOUGHWDW
Still Missing 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. Dance like nobody is watching!
If there was an Olympic event I'm sure I would leave with the "gold" poop medal

Location: Doesn't matter, my mind & body are usually in 2 different places...

Sandy Concert, You Watching?

Great to see this on, not sure why it took so long to get it together.

Think some have forgotten the true disaster this actually is and continues to be.

Wanted to thank the folks that reached out to me for my family in Breezy Point, NY. The strangers and friends here on the DIS really warmed my heart.

I have a great update they have been given a small manufactured house (trailer) in CT. They go to see it tomorrow!!!!!

What people think of you is none of your business.
NEVERENOUGHWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:59 PM   #2
topolino
I don't mean those kind of gestures!
Not everything we eat needs to be healthy. Live a little!

Springsteen's set is a snoozefest. I know he's practically a national hero, but I never saw the appeal.
Register to remove

Old 12-12-2012, 07:01 PM   #3
StephMK
DIS Veteran

We're watching, doesn't hurt that Bon Jovi has joined Springsteen on stage. I hope everyone will get the support they need to start the recovery process and rebuilding.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:08 PM   #4
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

We're watching.

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
BearcatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:35 PM   #5
JenM
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephMK View Post
We're watching, doesn't hurt that Bon Jovi has joined Springsteen on stage. I hope everyone will get the support they need to start the recovery process and rebuilding.
Now, that's what I call Jersey Strong!

Great concert so far. Hope it helps!
JenM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:08 PM   #6
mnrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by topolino View Post
Springsteen's set is a snoozefest. I know he's practically a national hero, but I never saw the appeal.
Couldn't disagree more. Springsteen.....

There was a concert within days of Sandy (on Television). This concert took more time to arrange, in part because Springsteen is actively touring the US. Dates that were established long ago. And, you couldn't do this concert without Bruce. He is synonymous with NY and NJ.
mnrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:24 PM   #7
LexiC123
on this, our spaceship earth
makes me want to jab candy canes into my ears

Yes, I'm watching. We were pretty lucky in that our damage was pretty minimal, but parts of my town and neighboring towns were wiped out, so this cause is near and dear to my heart.

And it doesn't hurt that, to me, the idea of members of the Beatles, Stones and the Who together on the same bill is just a little bit epic!
WDW: 6/72 offsite.....5/93 offsite.....10/94 OKW.....11/95 BC.....10/96 BWV.....10/97 BC.....3/98 CBR.....10/98 WL.....5/99 YC & GF.....8/99 DI (now SSR).....9/99 CR.....3/00 BC.....4/00 YC.....8/00 Poly.....4/01 BC.....7/01 YC.....8/02 BC.....9/09 Dolphin.....9/10 Swan.....10/11 Swan & Dolphin.....4/13 Swan & BC
DL: 3/71 offsite.....6/98 Pacific Hotel (now Paradise Pier).....12/00 Disneyland Hotel

LexiC123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:26 PM   #8
topolino
I don't mean those kind of gestures!
Not everything we eat needs to be healthy. Live a little!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexiC123 View Post
Yes, I'm watching. We were pretty lucky in that our damage was pretty minimal, but parts of my town and neighboring towns were wiped out, so this cause is near and dear to my heart.

And it doesn't hurt that, to me, the idea of members of the Beatles, Stones and the Who together on the same bill is just a little bit epic!
With a little bit of Pink Floyd thrown in for good measure.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:36 PM   #9
LexiC123
on this, our spaceship earth
makes me want to jab candy canes into my ears

Quote:
With a little bit of Pink Floyd thrown in for good measure.
Gotta admit, it's been a loooong time since I've listened to some Pink Floyd music, but I'm really enjoying this set.
WDW: 6/72 offsite.....5/93 offsite.....10/94 OKW.....11/95 BC.....10/96 BWV.....10/97 BC.....3/98 CBR.....10/98 WL.....5/99 YC & GF.....8/99 DI (now SSR).....9/99 CR.....3/00 BC.....4/00 YC.....8/00 Poly.....4/01 BC.....7/01 YC.....8/02 BC.....9/09 Dolphin.....9/10 Swan.....10/11 Swan & Dolphin.....4/13 Swan & BC
DL: 3/71 offsite.....6/98 Pacific Hotel (now Paradise Pier).....12/00 Disneyland Hotel

Last edited by LexiC123; 12-12-2012 at 07:53 PM.
LexiC123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:09 AM   #10
NikitaZee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ha, I was thinking the same thing. When Bon Jovi came out and the two of them sang 'Born to Run' I was positively cringing and had to mute the tv!
I know it's all one's personal preference, though - I'm a big Stones fan and while I was watching them perform my fb friends were all saying they couldn't turn off the HD fast enough
NikitaZee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:01 PM   #11
joyah
living on the funny farm

Nope I'm not and I won't. When Irene nailed VT we didn't get any concerts. I've sent stuff down to NJ via local trucks that I knew the drivers and radio stations involved so it's not that I don't feel bad for them we've lived through it. I have friends that their families graves are still missing.....

joyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:59 PM   #12
3 MEN AND A BOAT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyah
Nope I'm not and I won't. When Irene nailed VT we didn't get any concerts. I've sent stuff down to NJ via local trucks that I knew the drivers and radio stations involved so it's not that I don't feel bad for them we've lived through it. I have friends that their families graves are still missing.....
I agree, their have been numerous disasters in other parts of the country that don't get televised concerts/fundraisers.
3 MEN AND A BOAT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:20 PM   #13
JoiseyMom
Have you had your SPANX today???
I mean, peep poop should be shiny and colored!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyah View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 MEN AND A BOAT View Post
I agree, their have been numerous disasters in other parts of the country that don't get televised concerts/fundraisers.

Wow...what's the matter with the two of you? I mean you won't? Why, you don't have to donate to listen to good music

No one says you have to donate. I mean I am not donating anything. I have a roof to fix. And Irene destroyed my basement last year with over 30k of damages, and my insurance only covered 1/3 of that. I am more annoyed at my town for what they didn't do then for my town vs their bending over backwards now for Sandy.. but still, that doesn't mean I am not going to watch a concert or be like poor me or whoever why didn't someone do something for them .

I really don't understand that attitude at all. There are organizations that pull together for other disasters. Is the North East supposed to apologize for having so many celebrities wanting to help? Most of them have home's in NY and are from the area and still live here. They want to help fix THEIR city/state and this is the way they are doing it.

Geez... were is your sympathy??
2005 August - Surprise Trip for kids!! CSR; 2006 August - Surprise Trip for kids at CSR again!! 2007 August - 3 nite Wonder & AKL FD 3peat!!
2007 December 8 - 7nite Eastern on the Magic! 2008 August 17 DCL Magic EB Panama Canal; March 2011 WDW trip with friends. 2012 Aug 25 DCL Bahamas Magic from NYC;2012 Sept 12 DCL Canadian Magic;2013 Aug AKL Kidani;2013 Aug DCL Fantasy

I am Poohtiful and Poohlicious!!!! Have you had your Spanx today???
JoiseyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:44 PM   #14
sandramaac
Needs to look harder...
wonder what the punishment would be for excessive burping

Clapton was AWESOME--WOW
sandramaac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:59 PM   #15
njmom47
He's such a fiend!
The monkeys would go crazy on the cars
I wound up with orange tiger stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoiseyMom View Post

Wow...what's the matter with the two of you? I mean you won't? Why, you don't have to donate to listen to good music

No one says you have to donate. I mean I am not donating anything. I have a roof to fix. And Irene destroyed my basement last year with over 30k of damages, and my insurance only covered 1/3 of that. I am more annoyed at my town for what they didn't do then for my town vs their bending over backwards now for Sandy.. but still, that doesn't mean I am not going to watch a concert or be like poor me or whoever why didn't someone do something for them .

I really don't understand that attitude at all. There are organizations that pull together for other disasters. Is the North East supposed to apologize for having so many celebrities wanting to help? Most of them have home's in NY and are from the area and still live here. They want to help fix THEIR city/state and this is the way they are doing it.

Geez... were is your sympathy??

Junior Brody Stella Luna Ella the Bunny
Christmas 07/New Years 08-CBR (baseball), 2006-POR (cheering), 2001-Dixie Landings, 1988, 1975-Offsite
Trip was great...no new ticker for awhile!
njmom47 is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: