Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2012, 11:36 AM   #1
Irelandsmom
Earning My Ears

Hotel Galvez, Galveston and Disney transportation

For those of you that have booked Hotel Galvez through Disney for the night before your cruise and also used Disney transportation from IAH to get there - I have a few questions. Was there someone from Disney waiting at the luggage carousels all day long to meet people who needed to be transferred? When we booked they never asked us when we would need transportation so I am confused about this. We fly in late the night before and are staying at one of the airport hotels and then plan on catching the transfer to Hotel Galvez. Also what kind of vehicle was it? What about tipping? Thanks!
Irelandsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:26 PM   #2
TookTheRedOne
DCL Newbie

If you are staying at the Marriott an IAH you can get a ground transfer from the hotel. Otherwise you have to make it back to the airport for pickup.

So you are staying a night at IAH then a night at the Galvez and then boarding the ship, yes?
Register to remove

Old 12-12-2012, 08:44 AM   #3
Irelandsmom
Earning My Ears

Yes - we are staying one night at an IAH hotel and then Hotel Galvez and then the cruise. Disney offers transportation the day before your cruise if you stay at a Disney preferred hotel. So I am wondering what the transportation was (because I can't imagine them using a bus for a couple people) and how it worked. Anybody take advantage of this yet?
Old 12-18-2012, 05:07 PM   #4
Irelandsmom
Earning My Ears

?

Bump
Old 12-18-2012, 05:59 PM   #5
TookTheRedOne
DCL Newbie

I read somewhere on the DCL website (can't remember where) that they will provide a vehicle appropriate for the number of guests they are transporting. So, it could be something as small as a cab or towncar or as large as a small or large bus.

I am assuming they are contracting out to a local company for this service. Probably not as disneyfied as what Mears does for the Disney Magical Express at WDW.
Old 12-27-2012, 05:18 PM   #6
Bee bob
Earning My Ears

I am interested in this as well. This will be our 2nd Disney Cruise. The last one out of Port Canaveral seemed so much easier.

How did you book your transfer through Disney? Thought we would rent a car, but the price is ridiculous.
Bee bob is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: