Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Tokyo Disneyland
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2012, 01:09 AM   #1
RachelleBeaney
PrincessShelle

Tokyo Disney Planning Advice - November 2013

Hi

I am planning a Trip to Tokyo Disney Resort in November next year (tentative dates Mon 4 Nov - Thurs 7 Nov 2013) and I am wanting advice from anyone who has experienced Tokyo Disney, specifically regarding what the crowds are like, how to handle them (any strategies, touring plans etc would be welcomed ), and any other information that might be useful! We are planning to spend 4 days at the resort and stay at the MiraCosta.

Any help would be appreciate

Cheers
RachelleBeaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:31 AM   #2
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

You are in for a wonderful time!! We were there at the end of October for 3 days at the end of our Japan trip and enjoyed every second of it.

Not sure what the crowds will be like for your trip- our stay coincided with the last few days before Halloween when they allow adults to dress in costume (during regular park hours) and the parks were jammed. Reached capacity by noon on the Saturday and the fastpasses were all gone by late morning. But we still had tons of fun. Hopefully crowd levels will be lower in November. And IIRC, when you stay at the Miracosta you can get into TDS before the regular gates open to the general public.

Get there at least 30 min before park opening and head for one of the superheadliners, grab a fastpass and then go standby on the next closest headliner. Read your park map carefully- Splash Mountain at TDL and a couple of others at TDS (Indiana Jones and at least one other ride) have Single Rider Lines. These seem to be almost a secret- we hardly ever saw anyone using them, but they can save you a ton of time.

I hope you will devote a couple of days to Tokyo Disney Sea- there is nothing like it in any Disney Park anywhere in the world. It is just jaw-droppingly awsome, and you really need more than one day to explore it. Many of the rides are also in WDW, but don't assume they are identical. They are always different once you get inside!

If you go further down the main page you can find the Tokyo Disney forum. It's located inside the "Other Lands" forum. Lots of really helpful people who can give you excellent advice. And try to find time to read Lurkyloo's TR of her visit to TDL- It's a guide book all by itself, absolutely invaluable for anyone visiting Japan for the first time. Here is a link to that forum: http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=178

I hope you have a wonderful trip.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-10-2012, 02:38 PM   #3
got2sammies
Mouseketeer

Go over to allears.net and search the blogs for Mike Scopa (?) report/blog on Tokoyo Disney... Good Stuff!
Old 12-10-2012, 06:41 PM   #4
RachelleBeaney
PrincessShelle

Tokyo Disney Planning

Thanks so much Minnie mum! Yes we do plan to spend 2 days at each park - possibly even 2 and a half at Disney Seas and 1 and a half at Disneyland. I'm so excited about going to Disney Seas, I've heard it's incredible....

I did hear that there are single rider lines at some attraction and that they are hard to come by. I was thinking I need to look up how to say 'Single Rider' in Japanese so my husband did and apparently it is something like Singru Rider so that shouldn't be too hard.

Did you find the language barrier a problem? My husband and I learnt Japanese at school and know a few basic phrases, will we need more?

On another note, what else did you do/see while in Tokyo? I am unsure how to spend our remaining days and what to see....

I have read Lurkyloo's trip report and found it to be very useful!

Thanks for your help

got2sammies - I will definately check out that trip report - I am reading any I can get my hands on since there isn't a lot of English info on the web about the park except in trip reports posted by various people!
Old 12-10-2012, 02:51 PM   #5
Cyrano

Disney VIP
Anyone for haggis
Aren't we all a cagey lot

DISboards Moderator

Welcome to the DIS Rachelle

Just moving this from Walt Disney World planning board to Tokyo Disney

Theme Park Attractions & Strategies board

Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion.
Cyrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:48 PM   #6
tinibee
Mouseketeer

Monday the 4th is a Japanese holiday (Culture Day) so it will probably be pretty busy. We went on a culture day in October and were only able to get on like 2 rides all day.

I would suggest mapping out rides and what day you want to ride them and get your fast passes for them as early as possible. You should get atleast one early admission since you will be in the Miracosta. It is only for 15 minutes prior to park opening, but it gives you a leg up to get your fast passes.

If lines for food are insane I like to go to the Disneyland Hotel Looking Glass gift shop as they have a fair amount of Japanese convenience store style foods and beverages and they will warm them up for you and give you utensils. It doesn't typically have the lines like in the park and is MUCH cheaper. But if you are talking popcorn, wait in the line - its worth it!

Have a good trip!
tinibee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:34 PM   #7
RachelleBeaney
PrincessShelle

Tokyo Disney Planning

Thanks tinibee - I think we will avoid the 4th if we can then!

I have heard the popcorn is delicious
Old 12-10-2012, 09:41 PM   #8
disneyobsessed808
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelleBeaney View Post
Thanks tinibee - I think we will avoid the 4th if we can then!

I have heard the popcorn is delicious
The popcorn is delicious. Make sure you get the shoyu butter (soy sauce) and the strawberry. Those were my favorites!

Anderson
Headed to Tokyo and Tokyo Disney Resort November 10-24, 2012. Check out my Tokyo Trip Report
Tokyo Disney Resort May 2009, Nov 2012
Disneyland Resort May 2000 (Disneyland Hotel), Jan 2001, Mar 2004, Oct 2005, Nov 2006, Annual Passholder with Monthly trips, 2007 to 2012
Walt Disney World 1987 (I was 2) Mar 1997, Jul 2002 (All Star Movies), May 2007 (Pop Century) and hopefully Sept 2013
disneyobsessed808 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: