Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2012, 09:22 AM   #1
peaceloveandmickey14
Earning My Ears

Epcot Resorts?

My family is thinking of another trip to the World in 2013-- Epcot is a real favorite of mine and my mom, so we definately want to stay at an Epcot resort. We stayed at the Beach Club in 2008, but haven't been to any of them since! Right now we're leaning towards Boardwalk Inn. I know it's a matter of different opinions, but I wanted to know everyone's thoughts on the resorts and which one would be a better pick.
peaceloveandmickey14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:30 AM   #2
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceloveandmickey14 View Post
My family is thinking of another trip to the World in 2013-- Epcot is a real favorite of mine and my mom, so we definately want to stay at an Epcot resort. We stayed at the Beach Club in 2008, but haven't been to any of them since! Right now we're leaning towards Boardwalk Inn. I know it's a matter of different opinions, but I wanted to know everyone's thoughts on the resorts and which one would be a better pick.
I find them both to be great options. Differences for me...

Beach club: storm a long bay. Better parking. The walk to to the boat launch is a lot longer for heading to DHS.

Boardwalk: can walk to DHS (if you are inclined) more easily, the boat launch is more convenient. The clown pool area is nice, with a decent bar. I like the lobby area, the porches, and the being closer to the shops on the boardwalk.

But, when I stay at either, I am happy.
  • WDW Estimated Ride Capacities
bcrook is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-09-2012, 09:44 AM   #3
olive
Mouseketeer

Are you open to the Swan or Dolphin? We used to stay only on the monorail line, but more recently started splitting with the Epcot area. We still spend at least half of our time at a monorail resort, usually the Polynesian. It is so pretty in the Epcot resort area, though! We stayed at the Dolphin last last spring (2011) and are trying the Swan next month. I personally would not stay at BW/BC/YC over S/D unless the pricing was pretty similar after that experience. We went in with no expectations of the hotel, just with an interest in experiencing the different location and all it had to offer. We were surprised by how much we enjoyed it. Pools were great and not particularly crowded, resort area was lovely to walk around, we had an amazing and magical view of Epcot/spaceship earth/fireworks from our room (this is a booking category at Dolphin) and there were so many restaurant options between the two hotels. We have stopped using ME anyway because we don't really love that service, so taking a car service or some other transportation to and from the airport was fine for us. Adding on that cost - and the resort fees - still put us way, way below the cost of one of the other Epcot resorts. We also haven't used the dining plan in years, as it no longer makes sense for us. If you need or prefer the DP, S/D won't work for you. After that great first stay at the Dolphin, we signed up for a Starwood Amex and our upcoming stay is being paid for fully with points. I like that you can earn that reward, even without the Amex card (you earn Starwood points for stays at their properties). I'm sure others can weigh in on the other three hotels. I can say S/D ad BW are closest to the DHS walking path, and BC/YC are closer to the Epcot gate. Good luck planning!
olive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:26 AM   #4
peaceloveandmickey14
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
Are you open to the Swan or Dolphin? We used to stay only on the monorail line, but more recently started splitting with the Epcot area. We still spend at least half of our time at a monorail resort, usually the Polynesian. It is so pretty in the Epcot resort area, though! We stayed at the Dolphin last last spring (2011) and are trying the Swan next month. I personally would not stay at BW/BC/YC over S/D unless the pricing was pretty similar after that experience. We went in with no expectations of the hotel, just with an interest in experiencing the different location and all it had to offer. We were surprised by how much we enjoyed it. Pools were great and not particularly crowded, resort area was lovely to walk around, we had an amazing and magical view of Epcot/spaceship earth/fireworks from our room (this is a booking category at Dolphin) and there were so many restaurant options between the two hotels. We have stopped using ME anyway because we don't really love that service, so taking a car service or some other transportation to and from the airport was fine for us. Adding on that cost - and the resort fees - still put us way, way below the cost of one of the other Epcot resorts. We also haven't used the dining plan in years, as it no longer makes sense for us. If you need or prefer the DP, S/D won't work for you. After that great first stay at the Dolphin, we signed up for a Starwood Amex and our upcoming stay is being paid for fully with points. I like that you can earn that reward, even without the Amex card (you earn Starwood points for stays at their properties). I'm sure others can weigh in on the other three hotels. I can say S/D ad BW are closest to the DHS walking path, and BC/YC are closer to the Epcot gate. Good luck planning!
I would say we're pretty much open to anything, however we've never even visited the Swan or Dolphin. It does look to be a beautiful resort, and we probably will look into it more once we start doingn more research. Thanks for your input!
peaceloveandmickey14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:28 AM   #5
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

I'm in favor of trying out the different resorts - but I've stayed at all 3 and BC is my favorite for a standard room stay. If you were doing club level, I'd pick BWI b/c I loved their lounge and cast members.

Anyway, they're all very nice but I love the feeling and room decor at BC best.
Good luck deciding
johnsonet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:57 AM   #6
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceloveandmickey14 View Post
I would say we're pretty much open to anything, however we've never even visited the Swan or Dolphin. It does look to be a beautiful resort, and we probably will look into it more once we start doingn more research. Thanks for your input!
The one thing to remember about Swan/Dolphin is that there's no DME and no dining plan. If neither of those apply to your family, then they are awesome (and slightly cheaper) alternatives to BW/BC/YC.

The other big difference between BW and BC/YC is a true counter service restaurant. BC has Beach Club Marketplace, while BW only has a limited sandwich selection.

The nice thing about the Epcot resort area is that no matter which resort you choose, you have access to all the great dining at ALL the Epcot resorts.

Good luck with your decision!
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:50 PM   #7
darkwing818
DIS Veteran

Over the years we've stayed at both & have enjoyed each. We tend to give Beach club the nod, only because of the pool (it's the best ).
darkwing818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:25 PM   #8
Epcotgal
Mouseketeer

We have stayed at the Swan once, the Dolphin once, BC twice, BWI twice, and BWV once. LOVE them all so I know how hard it is to choose.

BC - if you like to spend time at the pool this is the place.

Swan & Dolphin - I loved the price (teacher's discount) but no Magical Express.

Boardwalk - My husband's favorite! Being able to venture not so far to have treats, entertainment... He LOVES going to the Boardwalk Bakery in the morning while we're sleeping. Kind of like being at a park but not lol.

LOCATION is great for any you choose. There is a variety of food not far away.
Epcotgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:45 AM   #9
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Out of the 3 Epcot resorts, we have only stayed at the BC, but have visited all of them many times over the years and I don't think you can go wrong with any of them. I would choose by theme/decor and which one appeals to you the most as they all have their advantages and are all beautiful resorts. Good luck.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:13 AM   #10
owl0306
Mouseketeer

best pool yc/bc. best decor boardwalk IMO. Have stayed at all three, and you really cannot go wrong with any of them. I rather stay at Epcot resorts than monorail.
owl0306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:23 AM   #11
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

I have stayed at all 3 Disney Epcot resorts. Of its adults only I think BWI is by far the best. With kids I would pick YC.
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:42 PM   #12
FantasiaMagic
DIS Veteran

I have only stayed at the BC out of the three. It is such a great reosrt. SAB is a fan fav!!! If a great pool is important to you then I would stay at BC/YC. If you stayed in one of those - you could also enjoy the BW at night for the atmosphere.

Enjoy your trip!

-FantasiaMagic ixiedust

AKV Kidani August 2012 TR: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2975354

FantasiaMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:45 PM   #13
catheren
DIS Veteran

Stayed at all 3 Epcot resorts. The YC is my fav, followed by BWI, and then BC.
All are beautiful resorts, which ever you choose you will have a great resort.
catheren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:48 PM   #14
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Loved BC, booked this summer at YC. BWI would be a distant 3rd on my list. It just doesn't have the appeal to me that BC or YC have. We pick these resorts in summer, so SAB is a big draw, and my daughter is in her 20's. We love floating along the lazy river with pool noodles.
And BWI has the Clown Pool.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:09 PM   #15
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Loved BC, booked this summer at YC. BWI would be a distant 3rd on my list. It just doesn't have the appeal to me that BC or YC have. We pick these resorts in summer, so SAB is a big draw, and my daughter is in her 20's. We love floating along the lazy river with pool noodles.
And BWI has the Clown Pool.
That truly is a problem! It is a bit freaky.
  • WDW Estimated Ride Capacities
bcrook is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: