Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2012, 06:34 PM   #1
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

3rd Time's the Charm!? A 2014 PTR *NEW 8/22!*

Hellllllloooooo Disboards!!

Welcome to my PTR!

I have gone back and forth so many times about whether or not I was going to start this report, and I decided to take the plunge and go for it! I will be taking my next trip (girls only) in 5 days, so I have nothing to plan anymore, and I really need things to plan!

First things first. The title. 3rd Time's the Charm. What does that mean, you ask? Well let me explain...

DH and I got married in September of 2010 at the Wedding Pavilion in WDW. Here we are

Photo courtesy of Mr. Randy Chapman (he is amazing)

Photo courtesy of Disney Fine Art Photography - This is a picture of a picture because I haven't bought my disk yet, but it is one of my favourites

The day was perfect. Everything was so well taken care of, I was completely relaxed - which is uncharacteristic of me! DFTW does an amazing job - I always tell people that we are so lucky to have been able to get married there. We had our honeymoon at the GF and it was fantastic.

Okay, I'm getting a little off track here, I will tell you where the 3 comes in. My reasons are 3-fold:
First of all, this will be our 3rd anniversary
Second of all, we have not taken a proper vacation in 3 years
Third, we tried to take a vacation twice last year, and that didn't work out. So this will be our 3rd attempt at a vacation for us to celebrate our anniversary.

We had a cruise booked for Sept 2012. Then I lost my job because the company is closing. We changed it to January 2013 to give us some time to save up the money to go. Then I found out that I was pregnant, so we decided to just cancel that trip. Unfortunately, 3 months ago, we lost our sweet baby. So life has not really been great for us lately. I now have a new job and am finishing up my degree at school, so we feel that we deserve this vacation. Hopefully when we book (for the 3rd time) we will get to actually go on this vacation!

So I wanted to start a PTR to have a place to gather all of my thoughts and planning ideas for this trip. At this point, nothing is solid, other than the fact that DH said Yes to a vacation in September. And really, 9 months is not that far away, so the way I see it, I really need to get planning

Coming up next... meet the cast

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Last edited by Disney9.9.10; 08-22-2014 at 06:28 PM.
Disney9.9.10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:36 PM   #2
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

Chapter Links

I like having an index on a report, so I am going to do my best to keep up with this one. I'm going to post trip related updates in this colour, and life and baby updates in this colour.

Cast Members
Trip Options - Where, oh, where are we going to go?
December 2012 Pictures
September vs. December Rambling
Possible Resort - WL
Possible Dining Choices - Parks - MK and DHS
Possible Dining Choices - Parks - Epcot
Possible Dining Choices - Resorts
WDW Resort List
Magic Kingdom Plans
Epcot Plans
DHS Plans
BIG Changes
Baby Appointment Update
New Trip Preliminary Plans
Quick Weekend Update
Updated MK Plans
Life Update! Baby is a...
Updated Epcot Plans
Updated Plans for DHS, DAK, and DTD
Nursery Renovations
Thanksgiving Weekend
Life Update - Weekend Away, Baby Shower, Christmas Tree Decorating
Teeny Update - Life and Trip
Another small update - Life and Trip
Booked at BLT!
Baby Girl is Born!!
Evelyn <3
Changes??
ADRs and Park Plans
AKL!

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Last edited by Disney9.9.10; 05-05-2014 at 07:11 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-08-2012, 08:23 PM   #3
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

So I'm really not good with the "suspense" thing when I write PTR's and TR's... I get too excited and just want to share everything I have all at once! I will keep some things to post another day, but I am going to at least do the "Cast" post. Hopefully that will hold me over, it isn't overly exciting anyway

So here we gooo... off to neverland!!... okay, really, cast members!

Krysten (me)

Not the best picture of me, but probably the most recent. This was taken while having our annual decorating-mom's-tree-get-together. I am holding my cockapoo, Scarlett. She is not looking impressed in her Santa hat! She is a great little dog though, I love her to bits. She will be staying with our families while we are gone.

Some info about me: I am 25, got married to DH September 9th, 2010 at the Wedding Pavilion in WDW. I am currently finishing a degree in Psychology. I enjoy all things Disney, as well as scrapbooking, yoga, reading, crafting, card making, and spending time with the people I love.

DH, M

This is him in the summer of 2011.

Some info about M. He is 24 and has the same birthday (but a year later) than me! He is almost finished an apprenticeship in Autobody. He loves cars, Kiss, hockey and spending time with family and friends. He is not a big Disney fan like I am, but I am working on him

Up next... where are we going?

Last edited by Disney9.9.10; 12-28-2012 at 06:23 PM.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:36 PM   #4
lindsayp
Princess-in-training

I'm in I'm not to good at the creating suspense either... haha! Have fun on your trip, post pictures!

Sherry Jessica Lindsay Trixie DB Damen

lindsayp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:37 AM   #5
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsayp View Post
I'm in I'm not to good at the creating suspense either... haha! Have fun on your trip, post pictures!
Thanks for joining in! I will post a few pictures here from my December trip, and then if anyone wants to see more, I'm also writing a TR for that trip!

Old 12-09-2012, 09:35 AM   #6
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

New day, new post! So we left off after Cast Members were introduced. And now it is time to discuss where we are going. Hmmm... Let me think... This trip is barely in the works right now, and all DH has said is "Let's go on a trip". That leaves us with a few options to consider...

1. Cruise and WDW

This is the trip that we tried to take already and had to cancel. DH has never been on a cruise before, so I really want to take him on one. Plus, while we are there, a few days at WDW never hurt anyone... The prices for this trip can be pretty flexible depending on where we stay and flights to MCO from here are usually really cheap - Big Plus! We have a lot of flexibility with dates, and lengths of cruise and WDW stay. I like things that are familiar to me, and this definitely fits that category. A cruise is also a nice, relaxing vacation, which we definitely need.

2. DLR

DH and I both want to go to California, and with this trip we could do that and go to Disney! Plus, I have never gone to DL before, so this would be something new for me as well. I don't know how I'd feel about DL after seeing WDW so many times (I'm a WDW girl at heart) but it can be fun to try new things. I haven't looked into any pricing at all for this trip but I'm sure it will cost us more for flights anyway. I'm not sure what other things DH would want to do in California, and I want this to be a relaxing vacation, so we might have to save this one for another time. I will look into logistics and see what DH thinks. Even if it isn't super relaxing, a change of scenery is always nice.

3. Aulani

I want to go to Hawaii so bad, and if I can do it Disney-style, all the better! This is a great trip for DH and I to take, just the two of us. It is the relaxing trip that we both really need right now. The only problem with this option, is the pricing. As things stand right now (after being laid off all summer) I am not sure if this is an option for us. Flights alone would probably cost as much as a short cruise! I did look at Aulani pricing for dates around our Anniversary though, and it is "value" season, so the room pricing was not bad at all - definite plus!

*None of those pictures are mine, I googled to get the images*

So as you can see, I've got a lot of work ahead of me! But I like this type of "work". Feel free to give me your vote on which vacation you think we should take!

Last edited by Disney9.9.10; 12-28-2012 at 06:24 PM.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:14 PM   #7
StitchIsOurHero
I was smart enough to marry a DH who does the laundry!
Dun-DUN! Has 8 Matthew McConaugheys at work!
The Rock, in his little man-bikini, is quite pretty!

I had missed that you had a PTR until now and came over to read. First, I am so sorry for your loss. We, too, went through that--we lost a sweet one at about 10 weeks along. Her name is Megan. It really is a hard thing to go through.

I am hoping for lots of pixie dust for you and that you will get to this trip very soon!! I'm going to subscribe to your PTR to keep up with your plans and updates because I just know you will get to go soon!
StitchIsOurHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:38 AM   #8
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchIsOurHero View Post
I had missed that you had a PTR until now and came over to read. First, I am so sorry for your loss. We, too, went through that--we lost a sweet one at about 10 weeks along. Her name is Megan. It really is a hard thing to go through.

I am hoping for lots of pixie dust for you and that you will get to this trip very soon!! I'm going to subscribe to your PTR to keep up with your plans and updates because I just know you will get to go soon!
Thanks for stopping by and sharing your experience. I'm sorry for the loss of your baby girl.

Old 01-03-2013, 12:09 PM   #9
creativeamanda
One slithering around on me? No way, Jose!
Me? Snarky? Nah!
Why on earth would I want my summer vacation to go away that quickly

I'm sorry this year isn't looking better so far, but keep your head up!

creativeamanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:55 PM   #10
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativeamanda View Post
I'm sorry this year isn't looking better so far, but keep your head up!
Thank you. I really don't want to be a downer - then nobody will read! But I'm getting ticked at the universe. Today, I got bit by a dog… drew blood and all... seriously?!

Old 01-03-2013, 08:54 PM   #11
CtinaDitty
Disney Fanatic

Keep your head up!

Have faith in your dreams, and someday, your rainbow will come smiling through. No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dreams that you wish will come true.

I'll be hoping and praying you get to take your vacation! I know you really need one and I hope you get to take it!
CtinaDitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:49 AM   #12
dreamerchic33
Mouseketeer

So sorry to hear you have been having a difficult time! Happy to hear about your hubby's job! Will keep you in my prayers! Xxoo
dreamerchic33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:44 PM   #13
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

I'm sorry things have been dark. I understand needing to take a break from Facebook and other online distractions.

I'm glad things are looking a little better and you are back to posting and reading again!
Pluto0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:10 PM   #14
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Hi Krysten

I'm sorry to hear things have been so difficult for you lately. But it sounds like you have a positive attitude. And Disney trip planning is always a good cure for sadness!

I look forward to following along as your plans unfold.

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
carissanboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:17 AM   #15
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamerchic33 View Post
So sorry to hear you have been having a difficult time! Happy to hear about your hubby's job! Will keep you in my prayers! Xxoo
Thank you for your kind words I am hoping that this was just the start of good things for us. I'm also going to start posting some more in this PTR, even if we don't have any set dates yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
I'm sorry things have been dark. I understand needing to take a break from Facebook and other online distractions.

I'm glad things are looking a little better and you are back to posting and reading again!
Thank you Sometimes I just need a break, but it is time for healthier choices right now and Disney has always been a wonderful part of my life, so why not start there?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
Hi Krysten

I'm sorry to hear things have been so difficult for you lately. But it sounds like you have a positive attitude. And Disney trip planning is always a good cure for sadness!

I look forward to following along as your plans unfold.
and thank you. I'm trying to stay positive, and it can be tough but I will be better because of it in the end. I love to plan things, so I just need to plan the heck out of this trip! I am enjoying your report as well, I told my mom how excited I was to be reading a report that has a dog going to Disney in it

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: