Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2012, 04:20 AM   #1
Brumeiser
Total Disney Nut

anybody else downloaded itunes version 11

If you have the option I would check it out first before you downloaded it. I hate it. I can not go back to the begging to get podcast and all that is out there. Plus now I can't load nothing onto my Ipod touch except this week show. I gave apple a nasty email wanting to know how to convert backwards because now I am stuck at work tonight with no pocast except the 3 from this week to listen to. Thanks apple.

Meeting the mouse for the first time.
Brumeiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:12 AM   #2
Kimberle
WL Vet

I've had issues with various podcasts over the years. I find, if I unsubscribe, delete all the shows, then resubscribe it's generally fine. Are you just having issues with the Disunplugged or other shows as well?
Sept 04 CR 14th fl Concierge Aug 06 Royal Pacific, Club Level Aug 07 AKL, Club Level Aug 08, POR Aug 09 Beach Club Dec 10, Xmas in Tahiti Aug 11, WL Aug 12, Hawaii Apr 13, BC July 14, HRH, CR-MK Club Level
Kimberle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:00 AM   #3
showers2flowers
Mouseketeer

Get rid of Apple's podcast app. It is awful. Check out some of the other podcast apps. I've had good luck with podcruncher.
showers2flowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:40 PM   #4
UConnFan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by showers2flowers
Get rid of Apple's podcast app. It is awful. Check out some of the other podcast apps. I've had good luck with podcruncher.
Why do you use an app? What are the benefits of using an app over using the iPod app on my iPhone?

July 14-21, 2014 - Port Orleans Riverside
December 6-9 2013 Disapalooza - Pop Century
May 19-26 2013 Disneymoon at Pop Century
December 17-21 2012 - Pop Century
New Years 2010/2011 - Pop Century
July 2010
April 2005 - Fort Wilderness Campground
June 2004
UConnFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:45 PM   #5
Brumeiser
Total Disney Nut

yes I deleted the podcast

and I resubscribed and I am still having issues.

Meeting the mouse for the first time.
Brumeiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:14 PM   #6
Revan
Mouseketeer

Honestly, It's a lot better and cleaner; but the UI is so different it is going to throw many people off - check out this lifehacker post that shows you how to change the UI back: How to Use iTunes 11 (W/F/S)

2008 - Wilderness Lodge first trip in 20 years; 2010 - Port Orleans; 2011 - Caribbean Beach/Beach Club; 2012 - Coranado Springs
Revan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:31 PM   #7
sjsjbrook
DIS Veteran

I cried after I downloaded it on my computer. Since I use an older ipod I don't have app issues, but man trying to find things is crazy. Not mention updating my podcasts.
sjsjbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:04 PM   #8
SamSam

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revan View Post
Honestly, It's a lot better and cleaner; but the UI is so different it is going to throw many people off - check out this lifehacker post that shows you how to change the UI back: How to Use iTunes 11 (W/F/S)
Thanks, I'll try that when I'm back on my home computer.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:44 PM   #9
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Have not liked it so far. And it does strange things with the podcasts.I don't have it download them automatically, but they will mysteriously download anyways...but ones I've downloaded will disappear and have to be downloaded again
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:00 AM   #10
Spaceace5150
Mouseketeer

I'm surprised to hear the negative comments on here as
It generally got good reviews in the media (WSJ, tech magazines)...
Spaceace5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:24 AM   #11
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceace5150 View Post
I'm surprised to hear the negative comments on here as
It generally got good reviews in the media (WSJ, tech magazines)...
Aside from the podcast download problems I've seen (which is what I mostly use it for), I made heavy use of the slider bar in the mini-player, which is gone (I haven't looked into changing the UI as mentioned above yet).

I really dislike these forced updates that someone else dictates what a "better" UI is to me.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

Old 12-09-2012, 08:56 PM   #12
RalphyBoy
Something was done with the parking lot, I heard

I don't like the new iTunes or the Apple podcast app either. I'm trying a podcast app called Downcast, and so far it's been working pretty well.
RalphyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:13 PM   #13
GaSleepingBeautyFan
DIS Veteran

Yeah I've got it. I'm not a fan.

But then I'm a creature of habit and when something changes as drastically as the new Itunes has changed it's very annoying.

Connie

WDW: 16 family trips, 10 solo trips - resorts stayed at: offisite(6) AoA, AKL(2), BWI, CR (2), WL (2), CBR, CSR, POFQ (3), POP (3), POR (6) ASMo, ASMu
DISNEYLAND: 1 family trip, 2 1 day trips chaperoning
US/IOA: 5 family trips
GaSleepingBeautyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:18 PM   #14
EastYorkDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

I'm a PC user and downloaded the new version of iTunes when it asked me to update it. I was expecting only a few changes like another time they update. This version is really bad. In windows the window it opens is bigger then the screen, I can't display the album art the way it used to be displayed and when I leave the podcast playlist to go to another it takes me to the top of the page, and there is no stop button for the player.

You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make the dream a reality.
- Walt Disney
EastYorkDisneyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:40 AM   #15
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Podcast handling IS different...

OK, I was confused by how podcasts are handled...it definitely has changed.

It appeared that podcasts were automatically downloading even though I've got it set otherwise. However, I don't believe they are downloading, but iTunes now has the option of playing while downloading (basically, streaming), so they appear as available to play even though you didn't download them. But you can still download via the "download" icon next to the name of each.

THAT's probably why I thought podcasts were downloading and disappearing...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: