DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2012, 10:31 PM   #1
yeahdisney
DIS Veteran

Anyone else buy disney gift card $10 off $50 to pay dues

At Target I used two coupons earning $10 gift cards for spending $50. Used one gift card on the second transaction had additional 5% off prescription fill bonus and 5% red debit card. I pay thru the phone it will take a few minutes longer but it will save almost a whole meal cost during our next Disney vacation.
yeahdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:46 AM   #2
islandtimect
DIS Veteran

There's a whole thread on being able to print as many of the $10 coupons on the Budget Board, with a link to a pdf file with the coupons. I used 3 in one transaction yesterday and am going back today and tomorrow with another 12. I plan to also use them to pay my MFs too. I've seen a thread on how to combine your Disney gift cards to pay MFs Budget Board thread on Gift Cards. I also caled MS and the CM told me you can pay MFs over the phone using as many gift cards as you like. If anyone else was told that there's a limit, please let us know!

Last edited by islandtimect; 12-07-2012 at 11:06 AM.
islandtimect is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-07-2012, 01:46 PM   #3
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahdisney View Post
At Target I used two coupons earning $10 gift cards for spending $50. Used one gift card on the second transaction had additional 5% off prescription fill bonus and 5% red debit card. I pay thru the phone it will take a few minutes longer but it will save almost a whole meal cost during our next Disney vacation.
Just curious...why not just save the gift card to use for the meal at WDW?
MouseMomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:37 PM   #4
Rob S.
DIS Veteran

I would love to pay my dues with gift cards as I also purchase gift cards at Target and double up on the 5% discounts (9.75% total discount).

The problem is that I can only find $50 gift cards at Target and I would need to buy over 100 of them

I guess I'll continue with the monthly debits...
Old 12-07-2012, 07:26 PM   #5
jekjones1558
Always happy at Disney

Are you saying that purchase of Disney gift cards is eligible for the $10 Target gift card free with $50 purchase? I thought that the fine print excluded gift cards from the $50 to qualify for the $10 bonus?
Old 12-07-2012, 07:36 PM   #6
islandtimect
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekjones1558 View Post
Are you saying that purchase of Disney gift cards is eligible for the $10 Target gift card free with $50 purchase? I thought that the fine print excluded gift cards from the $50 to qualify for the $10 bonus?
It can't be used on Target gift cards, but can on Disney. I bought $800 worth for $618 today.
islandtimect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:41 PM   #7
jekjones1558
Always happy at Disney

Wow. Guess I will be heading to Target.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:20 PM   #8
DisFanatic
Mouseketeer

I used 12 of the coupons to buy 12 $50 gift cards, which in turn gave me $120 in target gift cards which I used to buy $100 more of Disney gift cards. The last $100 in Disney gift cards w/ coupon earned me $20 more in target coupons, leaving me with $40 in target coupons... I paid $10 oop with the $40 for one more $50 Disney card and earned another $10 that i used for some groceries.... Planning on using them to pay annual dues... Great savings,

DisFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:46 PM   #9
starry_solo
DIS Veteran

FYI, all gift cards at Target (except their own branded GiftCard or Gift Card [note the capital letters]) are classified as "entertainment" cards. That's how come the coupons for $10 free Target Gift Card can be used.
starry_solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:27 PM   #10
tb1972
DIS Veteran

Target allows you to use multiple coupons for one transaction? Or do you make multiple trips to Target?
Old 12-07-2012, 10:42 PM   #11
kyle051777
Mouseketeer

I would also like to know where to get these coupons.
kyle051777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:31 PM   #12
Song of the South
Mouseketeer

Yes!

We bought some tonight and will go get more tomorrow morning. The Target website, facebook, or over on the Budget Board here on the Dis are all locations for the coupon.

We were not allowed to use a coupon when paying with the free gift cards like a previous poster but that is okay. We got $1,100 "worth" of Disney cards for $864. That's a 20%+ savings!

Oh, and if you pay with a redcard you get 5% off of the $40 value ($50 card - $10 free card) so it comes to $48. We were expecting $47.50 but I will gladly pay .50 to get $10.

You can condense the $50 gift cards into higher denominations at your local Disney Store. It takes a while and is a little bit of a hassle (each card has to be rung as a seperate transaction and such!) but might be worth it if you are going to pay your dues over the phone.

Is it possible to pay dues in person anywhere at WDW? That would be great!

SotS
Song of the South is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:33 AM   #13
yeahdisney
DIS Veteran

My store last year did allow multiple purchases of the gift card at one time and I paid cash. This year I was using their red store card and DH was with me; the fine print says something like one coupon per person. I did not want the store to be able to track me thus getting their employee in trouble if I ran 16 cards through receiving $160 target gift cards. I had the bonus 5% off so I went with that, the $20 extra was a bonus. Now I was really hoping I would get $10/80 that some others were receiving that printed at the registers, then I would of made different multiple purchases using that coupon without the first website coupon offer restriction.
I knew this discussion was on the budget board but I know some people don't visit all the boards so I wanted to share with the planners too.
MouseMomx2. We are planning on using visa rewards to pay for our meals, I don't think I will need more gift cards then the rewards points. I need to continue to save for meals on an different island.

Last edited by yeahdisney; 12-08-2012 at 08:37 AM. Reason: Added
yeahdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:54 PM   #14
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

RUN FOLKS! Target is really not run by idiots and they are going to wake up and catch on to this game. (And yes, folks it does say on the coupon you can't do this OVER AND OVER again. It also says copies (AKA as the PDF file) are not allowed)

I figure it's just a matter of time before Target reclassifies a Disney card to "Gift card" and fires the cashiers who can't read "one per transaction/guest"
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:17 PM   #15
bighoo93
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter
RUN FOLKS! Target is really not run by idiots and they are going to wake up and catch on to this game. (And yes, folks it does say on the coupon you can't do this OVER AND OVER again. It also says copies (AKA as the PDF file) are not allowed)

I figure it's just a matter of time before Target reclassifies a Disney card to "Gift card" and fires the cashiers who can't read "one per transaction/guest"
All the coupons are copies. All of them. They are identical coupons printed out from your computer screen. The store manager saw me holding a stack of them and didn't bat an eye. And nobody is going to get fired for running multiple coupons or transactions for a customer, that is absurd. Target isnt run by idiots, but you must assume it is because they keep running this same offer over and over again.
bighoo93 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: