Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-04-2012, 12:14 PM   #1
pklein09


DVC-Trivia Contest - April, 2006: 1st Place
 
pklein09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: East Windsor, NJ
Posts: 1,220

Anybody else having issues with Disneystore.com?

I ordered a Dooney on Cyber Monday - Nov 26. It has not been charged to my credit card, it has not shipped. The website can not pull up my order with the order number, but the order does show in my history when I put in dates. I've called Customer Service twice, once on Sunday and once just now. Both times I was told the same thing: you should receive an email saying it will be shipped in the next 24-48 hours.

Also, the CMs who handled my call were not the quality of CMs I'm used to from Disney....I think customer service has been farmed out. When I asked to speak with a supervisor, I was told none were available because it's busy and they don't have time to talk to customers.

I've never had this happen before, even when I ordered during Christmas season.

__________________

Have a Magical Day!!!

[/url]
pklein09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:50 PM   #2
wannagoback
Broke them in before the trip
We were with Goofy and Donald on the Teacups ride
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Washington Coast
Posts: 478

Hi!

I placed an order on 11/23 and it shipped (and charged my CC) 11/29 and tracking info says estimated delivery is Thursday 12/6. I also had problems viewing tracking online until it actually shipped.

Hopefully yours will ship soon! I imagine they are super busy and if the website is not working properly they are likely fielding a lot of calls from frustrated and confused customers.
wannagoback is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-04-2012, 03:02 PM   #3
jiminy14
DIS Veteran
 
jiminy14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,215

Quote:
Originally Posted by pklein09 View Post
I ordered a Dooney on Cyber Monday - Nov 26. It has not been charged to my credit card, it has not shipped. The website can not pull up my order with the order number, but the order does show in my history when I put in dates. I've called Customer Service twice, once on Sunday and once just now. Both times I was told the same thing: you should receive an email saying it will be shipped in the next 24-48 hours.

Also, the CMs who handled my call were not the quality of CMs I'm used to from Disney....I think customer service has been farmed out. When I asked to speak with a supervisor, I was told none were available because it's busy and they don't have time to talk to customers.

I've never had this happen before, even when I ordered during Christmas season.

I was glad to see you posted this. I placed a large order last Thursday on the phone because the website would not allow me to use a Disney Visa Rewards card code (which isn't unusual, I always have trouble with their codes). The CM I spoke with put me on hold several times to "check with a supervisor". She placed the order and gave me a confirmation code. I never received a confirmation e-mail and when I try to check my order online, I get the same message that tells me they cannot locate my order. I was concerned that my order may not have actually been placed or it got lost in the system, but now I see that others are experiencing the same problems.
Disneystore.com has always been slow to ship items which is unacceptable considering how high their shipping fees are.
jiminy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:21 PM   #4
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 25,835

I haven't checked my card but I ordered the Dooney and it hasn't shipped yet and I made another large order that hasn't shipped yet either. I was very annoyed.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:26 PM   #5
wiigirl
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 15,974

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I haven't checked my card but I ordered the Dooney and it hasn't shipped yet and I made another large order that hasn't shipped yet either. I was very annoyed.
Thats happened before to me a few times...
__________________
For the love of Disney...
wiigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:43 PM   #6
carebee21
DIS Veteran
 
carebee21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 8 Miles From Disney World!
Posts: 1,124

I just got an email about an hour ago that the order I purchased on 11/26 (very early in the morning) just shipped. They have always been slow to ship, but I think they're backed up even more due to black friday and cyber Monday.
__________________
Family:Me(33) DH(35) DS (10)
carebee21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:47 PM   #7
pklein09


DVC-Trivia Contest - April, 2006: 1st Place
 
pklein09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: East Windsor, NJ
Posts: 1,220

I just got an email today that it shipped. I checked the website and there's a shipping number listed now.
__________________

Have a Magical Day!!!

[/url]
pklein09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:19 PM   #8
Mel522
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,210

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminy14 View Post
I was glad to see you posted this. I placed a large order last Thursday on the phone because the website would not allow me to use a Disney Visa Rewards card code (which isn't unusual, I always have trouble with their codes). The CM I spoke with put me on hold several times to "check with a supervisor". She placed the order and gave me a confirmation code. I never received a confirmation e-mail and when I try to check my order online, I get the same message that tells me they cannot locate my order. I was concerned that my order may not have actually been placed or it got lost in the system, but now I see that others are experiencing the same problems.
Disneystore.com has always been slow to ship items which is unacceptable considering how high their shipping fees are.
I had the exact same problem with an order a few weeks ago. The website wouldn't take my discount code, so I had to call and place the order. I never received an email and I couldn't check it online. I called about a week after making the order and was told that with phone orders you will not receive a confirmation email or be able to check online until the order has shipped. Once it shipped I did got an email and it showed up on my online account.
__________________
Mel522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:50 PM   #9
disneysnowflake
DIS Veteran
 
disneysnowflake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,231

My order I placed on Thanksgiving night just shipped, and everything I ordered was included.
I just got a shipping notice an hour ago.
I shipped via UPS ground and is scheduled to be here on Monday, 12/10.
__________________
Dec 04 POFQ Oct 05 Pop Dec 07 CR Dec 10 BLT Oct 11 POFQ Dec 14 CR


2014 we are renewing our wedding vows at WDW.
disneysnowflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:47 AM   #10
jiminy14
DIS Veteran
 
jiminy14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,215

Make sure you check your credit card statement for charges from the Disneystore.com. I finally received confirmation that my order shipped but two items were missing from the shipment. I checked my credit card activity online and found out that I was charged for the entire order including the missing items. Called Guest Services and they informed me that they two items were now out of stock and could not be shipped. They offered me either a $10 GC or a refund to my cc. Since the cost of the items was more than the GC, I opted for the refund. The CM told me that I was one of several people she had spoken with that day who had been charged for items that were missing from their orders.
jiminy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:59 AM   #11
pigletto
DIS Veteran
 
pigletto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 8,936

I made an order on 11/6. It shipped on 11/22
There were 3 items to be monogramed so I assumed that was the hold up but it took a very long time. It would appear they are really backed up this time of year.
__________________
pigletto is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:35 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.