Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-03-2012, 02:36 PM   #1
goofinoff
These pretzels are making me thirsty!
I feel like we are in the middle of A Very Brady Idol
 
goofinoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: South Portland, Maine
Posts: 3,844

Would you/have you asked your neighbor to clean up yard?

We have neighbors who are renting the house next door to us. The owner relocated for her job and is renting it out to friends. When the owner lived there she always kept her lawn mowed and neat looking. She moved out in June and the yard is a mess. The tenants left their pumpkins from Halloween on the front steps until they turned black....in fact I think they are still there. The lawn isn't an issue now since it's December but the rotten pumpkins are disgusting! I just want to knock on the door and ask them to take care of it.

The girl who owns the house is the 2nd owner. We are still very good friends with the original owner of the house and have told her not to come over because they would be heartbroken to see their house and yard in the shape that it's in.
__________________
goofinoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:44 PM   #2
trip
family trip planner
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 3,566

No, their yard, their mess. Unless they are breaking some covenant/ neighborhood rules, just ignore them. (As hard as it may be ) Maybe they just keep forgetting to put the pumpkins in the garbage.
trip is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-04-2012, 08:27 AM   #3
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran
 
MrsDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: 147 miles from WDW
Posts: 5,283

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip View Post
No, their yard, their mess. Unless they are breaking some covenant/ neighborhood rules, just ignore them. (As hard as it may be ) Maybe they just keep forgetting to put the pumpkins in the garbage.
Exactly.
__________________
Faith
AP. DVC. FL Res.
Our Swan and Dolphin Wedding!
MrsDuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:15 PM   #4
SaraJayne
Stop moving those smilies!
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 12,075

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofinoff View Post
We have neighbors who are renting the house next door to us. The owner relocated for her job and is renting it out to friends. When the owner lived there she always kept her lawn mowed and neat looking. She moved out in June and the yard is a mess. The tenants left their pumpkins from Halloween on the front steps until they turned black....in fact I think they are still there. The lawn isn't an issue now since it's December but the rotten pumpkins are disgusting! I just want to knock on the door and ask them to take care of it.

The girl who owns the house is the 2nd owner. We are still very good friends with the original owner of the house and have told her not to come over because they would be heartbroken to see their house and yard in the shape that it's in.
Nope, it is their yard and their problem. Not yours.
SaraJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:17 PM   #5
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't
 
goofyintoronto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Toronto Canada
Posts: 9,562

Totally agree. Not your yard, not your problem. You'd only stir up trouble this way. I'd stay out of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraJayne View Post
Nope, it is their yard and their problem. Not yours.
__________________





........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........














AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW





I've been BOO'ED by Forum Jumper!!!
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:26 PM   #6
The Mystery Machine
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Missouri
Posts: 45,538

Less said the better unless they are under a code violation.

Then you could call HOA for the nasty gram or city/county, etc.
The Mystery Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:42 PM   #7
Janepod
The new dinning plan is out. Need to get those ressies in!
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Fairfield County
Posts: 3,480

Nope, and no one better ever come talking to me about my yard. (Not that there's any reason for them to.)
Janepod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:09 PM   #8
furb & dez
City Bear Jamboreers
 
furb & dez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,367

See if your city has an anonymous tip line; if they do, turn them in.
__________________
Our first trip to WDW! Had fun, a bit disappointed in the lack of things to keep us busy. Next trip: eh, 5 years perhaps? Don't understand the psychosis of wasting time trying to meet actors in fursuits or princess costumes, but, wev...
furb & dez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:21 PM   #9
LJSquishy
DIS Veteran
 
LJSquishy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Spokane, WA
Posts: 2,350

You must live right next to our neighbor! We are facing the exact same issue -- even down to the pumpkins on the front steps. It absolutely sickens me that someone can let their yard go (whether they're renting or not), especially when we try so hard to make our yard beautiful. Their yard is all weeds now and they don't mow it, they have crap all over, etc. I told my husband that next year if they do not care for their yard, I will say something to them.

If I were you, I would probably ask them to dispose of their pumpkins if you are comfortable doing so. I would do it myself when they're not home otherwise. I will be disposing of my neighbor's pumpkins pretty soon here.
__________________


Me-30: -&- DH-34:
LJSquishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:24 PM   #10
SaraJayne
Stop moving those smilies!
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 12,075

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSquishy View Post
You must live right next to our neighbor! We are facing the exact same issue -- even down to the pumpkins on the front steps. It absolutely sickens me that someone can let their yard go (whether they're renting or not), especially when we try so hard to make our yard beautiful. Their yard is all weeds now and they don't mow it, they have crap all over, etc. I told my husband that next year if they do not care for their yard, I will say something to them.

If I were you, I would probably ask them to dispose of their pumpkins. If they don't do it, I would do it myself when they're not home.
Wow, that crosses all kinds of boundaries.

So because their pumpkins bother *you*, they should get rid of them? Unless you're the one paying the mortgage or rent, you have absolutely no business coming onto property that is not yours and throwing things away ~ even rotten pumpkins.
SaraJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:26 PM   #11
happygirl
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 18,180

None of your business.
happygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:29 PM   #12
kaligal
DIS Veteran
 
kaligal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 7,012

Your neighbor's yard is none of your business.

If seeing yards that aren't well-kept bugs you, try focusing on your own yard or the rest of the street. That should make you happier.

If you have an HOA that cares about bad pumpkins, you could always tattle on them.
__________________
Yes, your kids will have fun at Uni and Epcot!
ALWAYS pee before riding the monorail!
MNSSHP > MVMCP
Fantasmic sucks.
kaligal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:52 PM   #13
Hrhpd
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,835

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSquishy View Post
You must live right next to our neighbor! We are facing the exact same issue -- even down to the pumpkins on the front steps. It absolutely sickens me that someone can let their yard go (whether they're renting or not), especially when we try so hard to make our yard beautiful. Their yard is all weeds now and they don't mow it, they have crap all over, etc. I told my husband that next year if they do not care for their yard, I will say something to them.

If I were you, I would probably ask them to dispose of their pumpkins if you are comfortable doing so. I would do it myself when they're not home otherwise. I will be disposing of my neighbor's pumpkins pretty soon here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraJayne View Post
Wow, that crosses all kinds of boundaries. ad

So because their pumpkins bother *you*, they should get rid of them? Unless you're the one paying the mortgage or rent, you have absolutely no business coming onto that is not yours and throwing things away ~ even rotten pumpkins.
I have to agree that crosses all sorts of boundaries. Squishy, if I found out you came onto my property and threw my property out, even rotting pumpkins, I would be calling the cops and pressing charges for trespassing and theft.

And yes I know that our law enforcement has bigger fish to fry and throwing out pumpkins is a trivial matter. However, if a neighbor was crossing boundaries like this and had the audacity to think it ok to go onto somebody's property and throw things away, I would need to make a strong statement to mind their own business.

Last edited by Hrhpd; 12-03-2012 at 06:02 PM.
Hrhpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:55 PM   #14
sam_gordon
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 10,287

Where are all the people who say HOA's are evil and don't do anything? Isn't this a prime example of where a HOA would be handy?
__________________
Freedom W. Caribbean June 15 - June 22, 2014 Video
Oasis W. Caribbean June 8 - June 15, 2013 Review
Barcelo Maya Palace June 29-July 6, 2012
Bay Lake Towers, WDW June 1 - June 6, 2011
Polynesian, WDW Dec. 29, 2008 - Jan. 3, 2009
Wilderness Lodge, WDW, June 2005
Polynesian, WDW Sept. 7 - Sept. 14, 2001
Caribbean Beach, June 1993
sam_gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:57 PM   #15
Janepod
The new dinning plan is out. Need to get those ressies in!
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Fairfield County
Posts: 3,480

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_gordon View Post
Where are all the people who say HOA's are evil and don't do anything? Isn't this a prime example of where a HOA would be handy?
I'm one of those people. I'd still take rotting pumpkins over being told what color I can paint my front door.
Janepod is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:58 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.