DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2012, 06:47 PM   #1
Theaberdeenkid
Mouseketeer

boardwalk offer from from disney

We have stayed at WDW before by renting points. We thought we would like to buy our own and contacted dvc to see what's available and pricing.
We were offered 100 points at Boardwalk for $11,500 with a yearly $552 maintenance fee. The pricing seems about the going rate from Disney. We were thinking of picking up additional points through resales.
Does anyone have any comments about our home being Boardwalk, pricing or buying additional points that way.
Theaberdeenkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 06:56 PM   #2
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theaberdeenkid View Post
We have stayed at WDW before by renting points. We thought we would like to buy our own and contacted dvc to see what's available and pricing.
We were offered 100 points at Boardwalk for $11,500 with a yearly $552 maintenance fee. The pricing seems about the going rate from Disney. We were thinking of picking up additional points through resales.
Does anyone have any comments about our home being Boardwalk, pricing or buying additional points that way.
Do you like the BWV? Is that where you rented? When we bought, we had the choice of OKW, BWV, HHI and VB. We bought OKW because we liked the way it looked and that is was away from the action. Gives us a chance to recharge our batteries before we head to the parks.

BWV is one of our least favorite resorts. We think it's too busy. We hate the parking situation there. And we're not fond of the bus sharing with BWI, S/D, YC, BC and BCV. But it is walking distance to Epcot and DHS. None of the two bedroom villas are dedicated if that could be a problem.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-02-2012, 06:59 PM   #3
MEK
DIS Veteran

I love BWV. It's a great resort. I can't comment on the price since I bought both of my contracts through resale.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:02 PM   #4
dvcterry
DIS Veteran

We own and like Boardwalk. If you are down there and can take a look around some of the other resorts you may start to like them too. Each one is different with its theme and you never know you might find you like one over another. Good luck with what you choose.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:05 PM   #5
Theaberdeenkid
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
Do you like the BWV? Is that where you rented? When we bought, we had the choice of OKW, BWV, HHI and VB. We bought OKW because we liked the way it looked and that is was away from the action. Gives us a chance to recharge our batteries before we head to the parks.

BWV is one of our least favorite resorts. We think it's too busy. We hate the parking situation there. And we're not fond of the bus sharing with BWI, S/D, YC, BC and BCV. But it is walking distance to Epcot and DHS. None of the two bedroom villas are dedicated if that could be a problem.
We have never stayed there, the last place we stayed was Kidani. It was great but too far from everything. We would rather be "in the middle" of things. Nothing you mentioned though would be a deal breaker for us.
thanks so much for the comments
Old 12-02-2012, 07:54 PM   #6
ToddyLu
Welcome aboard explorers- I love Mr. Ray

You definitely need to own there if you intend to spend time at F&W in the future since the Epcot resorts are so popular then...just like owning at Wilderness Lodge if you like going Christmas week, the Lodge decorations are wonderful and the vibe just screams "Christmas!!". We love AKV because it is away from everything, has a dark decor with inside hallways (more hotel like). If you like staying in concierge level rooms or want to save points (with value rooms), AKV is good for that.

I scored two value studios for 11/1/13-11/9/13 at Jambo. My total point use was 162. Not bad for two deluxe studios on property. So that is a "perk" kinda of owning there...if I can get the point cheap rooms I can go more often.

There is a sticky on picking a home resort, understanding UY, etc.
first trip ASMo 2002, ASMo 2003, ASMo 2004 twice, ASMo 2005, POFQ 2006, Pop 2007, Pop 12/2008 with DDP, AKV SV 10/09 with DDP, AKV SV 12/10, AKV 5/11, AKV SV 10/11, AKV 5/12, AKV 10/12, AKV 11/13, AKV 5/14, AKV 10/14, AKV 5/15
My DH loves me for my points!!
ToddyLu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:57 PM   #7
ToddyLu
Welcome aboard explorers- I love Mr. Ray

If I were remotely afraid of clowns I could not stay at BWV.....have you seen the Clown Pool at night!!
first trip ASMo 2002, ASMo 2003, ASMo 2004 twice, ASMo 2005, POFQ 2006, Pop 2007, Pop 12/2008 with DDP, AKV SV 10/09 with DDP, AKV SV 12/10, AKV 5/11, AKV SV 10/11, AKV 5/12, AKV 10/12, AKV 11/13, AKV 5/14, AKV 10/14, AKV 5/15
My DH loves me for my points!!
ToddyLu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:02 PM   #8
Caren90
DIS Veteran

We find Boardwalk to be the best resort for our family. We were able to come to this conclusion after many visits to different resorts.
Stephen
Old 12-02-2012, 09:17 PM   #9
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Quote:
What if I told you that you could buy the 100 points for $6,700 plus closing costs?

BTW the dues or maintenance fee increases each year.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:38 PM   #10
browniemtb
DIS Veteran

Agree with some of the posters here....BWV is my families favorite. We bought sight unseen and have been in love with the resort ever since our first stay. Kids love the walks to Epcot and DHS...or boat. They also love the street performers on the Boardwalk during the evenings. I think all the DVC resorts have their own charm but our main criteria was having the ability to walk to a park...with BWV you can walk to 2 parks.

Thank God for DVC!
DD14 DD12 DS7 DS4
browniemtb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:56 AM   #11
bookwormde
Heading out now, another adventure
Have a good time, WDW is a magical place

If you want to use your points at disney only not sure why you would pay 2x the price of resale.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:07 AM   #12
jocin3
Mouseketeer

We love BWV. Just returned from a trip this past weekend. The ability to walk to Epcot and Hollywood Studios is a great perk. We purchased our first contract resale last year and are now in the middle of closing on our second
Good luck with your decision!
Old 12-03-2012, 06:49 AM   #13
drusba

DIS Veteran

BWV via resale market is a lot cheaper per point than what Disney is selling and you should consider the resale market. Biggest downside of BWV is the same one that currently exists for VWL and BCV at WDW. Their end date is January 31, 2042. The others at WDW range from 2054 to 2060. Second biggest downside is that its bus system is one of the worst, sharing with Swan and Dolphin and often also with YC and BC and all too often the bus you want takes a long time to show up. Fortunately you don't take a bus to Epcot or Studios. Otherwise BWV wins on many levels because of its location.

Particularly if you want to be able to reserve boardwalk or standard view, you should own at BWV because you need the 11 month booking window for those many times of year.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:53 AM   #14
Theaberdeenkid
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookwormde View Post
If you want to use your points at disney only not sure why you would pay 2x the price of resale.
Yes that is a good point, my DW and I discussed it and we would use the points other than at Disney.

We are considering buying more points resale for strictly Disney use.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:15 AM   #15
Lynne M

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Yes that is a good point, my DW and I discussed it and we would use the points other than at Disney.

We are considering buying more points resale for strictly Disney use.
If you're thinking that buying direct protects you from losing the ability to use points outside of DVC resorts, that's not the case.

Your contract gives you the right to reserve stays at your home resort, subject to availability, for the duration of your contract. Anything and everything else is subject to change, whether you buy direct or resale. Disney has chosen to remove access to ABD, DCL and the Disney Collection for resale buyers, but there's nothing to prevent them from doing the same for direct buyers. Or, ABD, DCL, or Disney Collection resorts from limiting or ending the use of DVC points for bookings.

You can certainly argue the likelihood of DVC putting any of those limitations on direct buyers, but just be aware that there's nothing in the contract preventing them from doing it.
Lynne M is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: