Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2012, 05:44 PM   #1
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

6 down, 1 to go: Completing my DVC mission! An April '13 PTR...TR LINK p. 16

Hello DIS friends!

It's time to start another PTR! I'll be honest, I've done a lot of PTRs/TRs over the years and was considering not doing one for my next Disney adventure. But lately I've been missing Disney World like crazy (I feel like that PDD picture is an appropriate description, haha!), so what better way to cure those Disney blues than start counting down the days until the trip? According to my WDW Vacation Countdown app, it's 120 (long)
days
away. Less than 4 months!

Anyways, a little about myself. For those of you who have never ready my reports before, I'm Sarah, a 27-year old Disney fanatic for life. It's so crazy that a place my parents took me and my sisters to would become such an important part of our lives. We took many trips as a family and then in 2006, my dad decided to purchase a Disney Vacation Club membership. We've only been members for 6 years, but I think it's safe to say it's been a pretty good investment so far (in fact, Dad has talked about buying more points...wouldn't that be nice!)!

Now to explain the title of this PTR. Ever since we joined DVC, I thought it would be fun to try and stay at all of the different DVC resorts. So every time we talked about another Disney trip, Dad would have us make a list of our top choices before we could book anything. Some of the DVC resorts are easier to get than others, but we generally had pretty good luck getting whatever we wanted (it probably helped that most of the time we'd get studios since there were only 2-3 family members going). With each passing trip I was able to check another resort off of my list. So far I've experienced the thrill of that first "Welcome Home" at Saratoga Springs (our home resort) and the awe of seeing African wildlife right outside our window. Swimming in Stormalong Bay and watching a geyser erupt at the Wilderness Lodge. The carefree atmosphere of Old Key West and watching Illuminations from our Boardwalk view room. I have honestly loved each and every resort and can't WAIT to stay at that final place...BAY LAKE TOWER!!! (ok, so technically I have not stayed at the Treehouse Villas either but I am counting that as part of SSR. I'm also combining Jambo House and Kidani Village into one resort since they're both AK villas. So that's how I'm getting to 7 DVC resorts. Just in case anyone was wondering).

Now for the trip basics. I am a teacher and am therefore stuck to a school calendar. This trip will take place over our spring break, which is the week after Easter (meaning it will have been almost a year since I was last in WDW...YIKES! ).

The dates: April 1-7, 2013

The resort: Bay Lake Tower (theme park view studio)

I hope that many of my old DIS friends will join in, as well as some new ones! So are you ready?

up next: the cast!

PRE-TRIP REPORT INDEX
The cast and rough schedule...POSTED 12/11/12
100 DAYS!/New attractions...POSTED 12/22/12
Double Digits!/DVC Flashback #1 (SARATOGA SPRINGS)...POSTED 12/28/12
Trip notebook...POSTED 1/6/13
80 DAYS!!/ADRs...POSTED 1/11/13
Good-bye, Emma/DVC Flashback #2 (SARATOGA SPRINGS)...POSTED 1/13/13
Trip purchases/Emma update #1...POSTED 1/15/13
Animal Kingdom Must-Dos...POSTED 1/19/13
Emma update #2/DVC Flashback #3 (ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE)...POSTED 1/22/13
60 DAYS!/Epcot Must-Dos...POSTED 1/31/13
DVC Flashback #4 (BEACH CLUB VILLAS)...POSTED 2/2/13
49 days!!!/Hollywood Studios Must-Dos...POSTED 2/11/13
DVC Flashback #5 (VILLAS AT DISNEY'S WILDERNESS LODGE)...POSTED 2/15/13
40 DAYS!!! + Magic Kingdom Must-Dos...POSTED 2/20/13
DVC Flashback #6 (KIDANI VILLAGE)...POSTED 2/23/13
35 DAYS!!! + Character Must-Dos...POSTED 2/25/13
DVC Flashback #7 (SARATOGA SPRINGS)...POSTED 2/27/13
30 DAYS TO GO!!!...POSTED 3/2/13
DVC Flashback #8 (OLD KEY WEST)...POSTED 3/6/13
Downtown Disney Must-Dos...POSTED 3/13/13
DVC Flashback #9 (SARATOGA SPRINGS)...POSTED 3/17/13
10 DAYS!!!!! Simple Disney Things + Twitter/Instagram info...POSTED 3/22/13
DVC Flashback #10 (BOARDWALK VILLAS)...POSTED 3/23/13
3 DAYS TO GO!/Random must-dos...POSTED 3/29/13

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=164

Random posts
BOOKED FOR DECEMBER!!!...POSTED 1/29/13

NEW TRIP REPORT LINK!!!
You Can Spit on Space Mountain From Here!!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307

Last edited by wdwgirl03; 04-13-2013 at 10:15 AM.
wdwgirl03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 06:31 PM   #2
WDWaddictt
DIS Veteran

I am joining along.
WDWaddictt is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-02-2012, 07:34 PM   #3
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

I'm here for the new adventure

PDD is a pretty accurate description!

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:24 PM   #4
jwwi
DIS Veteran

Joining in on your new PTR.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:55 PM   #5
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

PDD is bad... real bad.

I'm here!
Old 12-02-2012, 09:54 PM   #6
bluechic03
DIS Veteran

Fellow April DISer here! We're also staying at BLT but not until the 20th... Hoping to here u love it

An April Dining Report!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post48266800
bluechic03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:55 AM   #7
gtpoohbear
DIS Veteran

Another April DISer here- joining too!!! Definitely know what you mean about PDD. Can't wait to read more

All Trip Reports & Photo Albums are located here!
Previous Trips: 2008: Poly | 2010: CBR | 2012: ASMo | 2013: YC | 2014: AKL, AoA | 2014: POR
Upcoming Trips: 12/14 - WL | 7/15 - ASMusic | 11/15 - FW Campground
gtpoohbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:57 AM   #8
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Joining in!! I'm so glad you decided to do a PTR! Nothing like a little planning to chase away those Disney blues.

Angies1274 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:43 PM   #9
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Ugh, I have some serious post Disney Depression right now! This is the time I start getting antsy and ready to book my next trip!

Glad you're doing a PTR! It will make the time go by faster!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:38 PM   #10
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

I'm here! So excited you get to complete your DVC mission! We still have the Wilderness Lodge Villas (have stayed at the hotel though) and the Beach Club, but I'm on the same mission!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:53 PM   #11
shalom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
I thought it would be fun to try and stay at all of the different DVC resorts.

Me too, me too, me too! Well, I'd like to try all the onsite ones -- I can see us doing Vero Beach and Hilton Head someday after we've done the onsite ones, maybe, but I doubt we'll ever try for Aulani, and the VGC is pretty unlikely as well. So pretty much the same list.

And I totally agree with how you're counting AKL and the SSR Treehouses. Unlike you, I haven't done any of them yet, because I travel with a troop of chillins! But once I don't need so much room, definitely going to start staying DVC, and I'd like to try them all.

You haven't been to Bay Lake Tower yet because you were saving the best for last, right?

Last edited by shalom; 12-06-2012 at 12:58 PM.
shalom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:44 PM   #12
wdwgirl03

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWaddictt View Post
I am joining along.
Yay, welcome to my first poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
I'm here for the new adventure

PDD is a pretty accurate description!
haha, I thought PDD was pretty accurate. Glad you're here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwwi View Post
Joining in on your new PTR.
Thanks for joining in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
PDD is bad... real bad.

I'm here!
Hi Marissa! Glad you're here again. I agree, PDD is very bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechic03 View Post
Fellow April DISer here! We're also staying at BLT but not until the 20th... Hoping to here u love it
That's awesome you're also staying at BLT. I am so excited for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtpoohbear View Post
Another April DISer here- joining too!!! Definitely know what you mean about PDD. Can't wait to read more
Welcome! Glad to have another April DISer join in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Joining in!! I'm so glad you decided to do a PTR! Nothing like a little planning to chase away those Disney blues.
Hi Angie! Yeah, I figure I think about this trip so much I might as well just do another PTR. haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Ugh, I have some serious post Disney Depression right now! This is the time I start getting antsy and ready to book my next trip!

Glad you're doing a PTR! It will make the time go by faster!
Hi Jen! Atleast you are going back in February so you have that to look forward to.

I hope so!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
I'm here! So excited you get to complete your DVC mission! We still have the Wilderness Lodge Villas (have stayed at the hotel though) and the Beach Club, but I'm on the same mission!
Hey Brook! Thank you...I can't believe after this trip I'll have stayed at all of the WDW resorts. Next up, I'll have to do some of the other DVC places like the Grand Californian and Aulani.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalom View Post

Me too, me too, me too! Well, I'd like to try all the onsite ones -- I can see us doing Vero Beach and Hilton Head someday after we've done the onsite ones, maybe, but I doubt we'll ever try for Aulani, and the VGC is pretty unlikely as well. So pretty much the same list.

And I totally agree with how you're counting AKL and the SSR Treehouses. Unlike you, I haven't done any of them yet, because I travel with a troop of chillins! But once I don't need so much room, definitely going to start staying DVC, and I'd like to try them all.

You haven't been to Bay Lake Tower yet because you were saving the best for last, right?
It really has been a lot of fun getting to stay at all the DVC resorts. They're all so different and I can say that there hasn't been one that I haven't enjoyed. I would love to go to the VGC and Aulani. We'll see if it ever happens though.

haha, yeah. Though I actually have stayed at both AK places (Jambo House and Kidani). So the only one I haven't done is the Treehouse Villas, and to be honest that one doesn't really appeal to me. I mean, they look nice on the inside but maybe the whole treehouse thing is a little too woodsy for my tastes.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 12-11-2012, 05:33 PM   #13
wdwgirl03

Hi everyone! Only 2 weeks until Christmas, and 8 more days until winter break starts! I know I've said it a lot but it's really hard to believe the year is almost over already. Where did 2012 go?! The good thing about 2013 being right around the corner is that soon I'll be able to say I'm going to Disney World THIS year. haha Right now we're 111 days away and I can't wait until we get to double digits. Anyways...before I start getting into any plans for our trip I thought I would introduce (or reintroduce) you to the cast of this trip.

Me (Sarah): Like I said, I'm a teacher and work in an elementary school. I've been to WDW lots of times and always love going back. My Disney favorites are Thunder Mountain, Soarin, the Polynesian, Tinkerbell, and of course, Mickey Mouse! I'm also pretty addicted to collecting pins and vinylmations.

My dad (John): Lately it seems like Dad has been my travel buddy. We've gone to Disneyland once together and WDW twice. On those two WDW trips we got to experience a couple of the tours: the Backstage Safari tour at DAK and the Keys to the Kingdom tour this past April. The dates when I'll be there will actually be the first part of his trip because my mom and sister are coming down the day I leave. Lucky for him, he gets to stay for a week and a half (after I leave he will be switching over to the Boardwalk Villas). That's because we are all going to be visiting the final member of this "cast", my sister Emma.

Emma: My 22-year old sister, who is a soon-to-be college graduate (she graduates this coming Sunday ). For those of you who don't know, Emma participated in the Disney College Program last fall as a QSFB cast member at Hollywood Studios. Yes, she spent 4 months working for the mouse and as soon as she got home she was ready to go back. So, she applied for the program again and was accepted again. This time she will be working in Merchandise and will be down there from January-August at the least (she is already talking about extending...) I don't know if she'll actually be staying with us, but I have a feeling she may want to spend a night or two at Bay Lake Tower.

So, that's the cast. Since we don't really have any set plans as of yet, here's a very rough schedule for our trip:

Monday, April 1, 2013
Flight out of Milwaukee to MCO
Magical Express to Bay Lake Tower (still can't believe I'm staying there!)
POSSIBLY go to the Magic Kingdom? I say possibly because our flight is later than usual...we try to leave early in the morning but sadly they didn't have an early flight this time. So we won't be getting to the resort until early evening.

Tuesday, April 2, 2013
First full park day! Always the best day of a trip.

Wednesday, April 3, 2013
Park day

Thursday, April 4, 2013
Park day

Friday, April 5, 2013
Park day

Saturday, April 6, 2013
Last park day

Sunday, April 7, 2013
Departure day...return back home to Milwaukee
start counting down the days until a return trip, which will hopefully be in December

We also have a couple of ADRs thrown in there but as to where they are, you'll just have to wait and see. (No, one of them is NOT Be Our Guest)

So there you have it. It'll be interesting to see how much we actually get to see Emma. Since various family members will be down for almost two weeks I doubt she'll be able to request off every single day.

UP NEXT: DVC memories!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Last edited by wdwgirl03; 12-11-2012 at 06:07 PM.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:43 AM   #14
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Has Emma found out which park she will be in yet?
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:30 AM   #15
shalom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Though I actually have stayed at both AK places (Jambo House and Kidani).
They seem to be very different experiences -- or at least, 'most everyone who has done both seems to strongly prefer one over the other!

Quote:
So the only one I haven't done is the Treehouse Villas, and to be honest that one doesn't really appeal to me.
They don't grab me, either. Woodsey is a good word -- in the "feels like there'll be lots of bugs hanging around" sense (although I would guess they aren't any worse than Riverside in that sense), but they seem very isolated and cramped. OTOH, I'd like to give a Fort Wilderness cabin a shot, so go figure!

It's great that you can be travel buddies with your dad.
shalom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: