DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2012, 07:18 PM   #1
BlissfulMama09
Earning My Ears

Question about mousekeeping

I apologize if this has been asked before but we are staying at BCV next week as DVC members for this first time. We have always been on cash reservations and had the full mousekeeping everyday but I understand we will only receive trash & towel service on day 4. (We are only staying 7 nights.) My question is, what do you do with all the trash that starts to accumulate? I am mainly thinking about dirty diapers
Is there somewhere we can take our trash out ourselves? I don't see us hunting down mousekeeping with trashbags, nor do I feel like hoarding it!
TIA!
Old 12-01-2012, 07:28 PM   #2
Canadian Disney Mom
Formerly Tollerwalker - original join date July 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlissfulMama09 View Post
I apologize if this has been asked before but we are staying at BCV next week as DVC members for this first time. We have always been on cash reservations and had the full mousekeeping everyday but I understand we will only receive trash & towel service on day 4. (We are only staying 7 nights.) My question is, what do you do with all the trash that starts to accumulate? I am mainly thinking about dirty diapers
Is there somewhere we can take our trash out ourselves? I don't see us hunting down mousekeeping with trashbags, nor do I feel like hoarding it!
TIA!
There is a "trash room" where you can bring your garbage. I have never stayed at BCV so I do not know exactly where it is in the resort, but I know all the DVC hotels have one.

Have a great time!
Past Trips to Disneyworld, Disneyland, and Disney Cruises:WDW-1: May 1998 (Off Property), WDW-2: Apr 2002 (Off Property), WDW-3: Feb 2005 (All-Star Movies), WDW-4: Apr 2006 (SSR), WDW-5: April 2008 (AKV Jambo), WDW-6: Dec 2009 (AKV Kidani & SSR), WDW-7: Jul 2010 (AKV Jambo), WDW-8: Apr 2011 (Off Property), WDW-9: Jun-Jul 2012 (BLT, BWV & AKV Jambo), WDW-10: Dec 2012-Jan 2013 (AKV Jambo), WDW-11: Mar 2013 (BLT & AKV Kidani), WDW-12: June/July 2014 (AKV Jambo, VFW),WDW-13: Nov 2014 (VGF),WDW-14: Mar 2015 (BCV,BLT),DLR-1: Nov 2010 (Off Property), DLR-2: Jan 2012 (VGC), DCL-1: Jan 2012 (Disney Wonder 7 night MR)
Twitter ID: @CanadaDisneyMom
Canadian Disney Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-01-2012, 08:38 PM   #3
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
TIA!
The trash room is rather centrally located on the floor. You will have extra trash bags in the bottom of your trash cans. There will be a trash can for recyclables (green can) and ordinary trash.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:50 PM   #4
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Check out the resort map that you will get when you check in. All of the rooms will be indicated on the map.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:44 PM   #5
rillsung
DIS Veteran

GREAT QUESTION! We have only stayed once at the World, at SSR. We were seriously wondering what everyone does with all that trash (and we had a ton of stinky diapers too). We kept taking bags out to the can on the first floor between the parking lot and elevators and stuffing it in there! Now I know to find the trash room :D

rillsung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:54 PM   #6
BlissfulMama09
Earning My Ears

Thanks everyone! I'll check our resort map for it when we check in
Old 12-02-2012, 07:43 AM   #7
crisi
DIS Veteran

Once the kids get out of diapers, you may find you don't need the trash room - I think it ten years I've needed to find one once.
crisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 05:14 PM   #8
skuttle
Counting the days until our next trip!

I've been wondering this too! We are renting DVC for the first time and will have two in diapers!
Old 12-05-2012, 09:42 AM   #9
jockotaco
Mouseketeer

We just stayed at vgc on floor 6. Walked around and couldn't find a trash shoot or trash room. I called the front desk to ask where it was and I was told to leave my trash outside my door and it would be picked up. Every morning the trash was gone. If we had trash during the day we left it on our balcony to put out at night.
jockotaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:39 PM   #10
BlazerFan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jockotaco
We just stayed at vgc on floor 6. Walked around and couldn't find a trash shoot or trash room. I called the front desk to ask where it was and I was told to leave my trash outside my door and it would be picked up. Every morning the trash was gone. If we had trash during the day we left it on our balcony to put out at night.
I don't know if there are others, but there is a trash room on the first floor of VGC. If I remember correctly, when you exit the elevator to the right and then right down the hall. There is either a door on the left or a turn to the left to get to the room. Not far from the elevators.
BlazerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:42 PM   #11
k3chantal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
TIA!
Definitely using the trash rooms will be important but when I have one in diapers I also get the travel bags from the baby area in Target or the like. Once you knot the bag, no matter what is in there, it doesn't stink. This way you are not running down all the time.
k3chantal is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: