Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2012, 09:43 PM   #1
blossombrd
Mouseketeer

Discounts at AS Movies vs. other All-stars

I found out that the discounts right now for Jan.-Feb. are better for AS Music and AS Sports (25%) than they are for AS Movies (5%). We will be going in May 2013 and taking our 7 year old grandson and are trying to decide which All-Stars to stay at. We are hoping for a discount. My choice would be between Sports and Movies, but we would want the best discount, if a discount is available at all. Is it becoming the trend for AS Movies to have a lower discount than AS Music and AS Sports?
blossombrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:08 PM   #2
haPevraftr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blossombrd View Post
I found out that the discounts right now for Jan.-Feb. are better for AS Music and AS Sports (25%) than they are for AS Movies (5%). We will be going in May 2013 and taking our 7 year old grandson and are trying to decide which All-Stars to stay at. We are hoping for a discount. My choice would be between Sports and Movies, but we would want the best discount, if a discount is available at all. Is it becoming the trend for AS Movies to have a lower discount than AS Music and AS Sports?
They are just trying to fill empty rooms. There must be more availability at Mu and Sp.
Visited WDW many times as a child; Engagement trip OKW '01 ; Disneyland '04 and '05; Off-site '06 and '07 ; Pop Century '08 ; POFQ '09 ; ASMo '10 ; CSR '11 ; AKL/SVR '12 ;NYE '12-'13 WBC Easter '13, SLR/CBR ;Thanksgiving '13, VVP; April '14, WBC; WBC Spring Break 2015
haPevraftr is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-01-2012, 08:16 AM   #3
blossombrd
Mouseketeer

Would it be improper to book a room at each - AS Movies and AS Sports, then make a decision when/if discounts come out?
blossombrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:33 AM   #4
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Would it be improper to book a room at each - AS Movies and AS Sports, then make a decision when/if discounts come out?
There's really no reason to, because booking a room at either one isn't going to guarantee you of being able to get a discount if and when one becomes available. There are a limited number of rooms available with any discount, and already having a reservation isn't going to "save" one of those discounted rooms for you.

On the other hand, booking now does give you more time to spread out the payments, so it's not a bad idea from that standpoint.
siskaren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 03:06 PM   #5
Jokers Girl
Earning My Ears

We are looking at staying at the Movie one Sept 30-Oct 6, 2013. I want to book now so I can set up my honeymoon registry but I've been waiting for the fall specials to come out.
My aunt suggested to book it now and when they do another deal (like the play, stay and dine one) to call and change my reservation to that deal.

Has anyone done this before? Have you had any problems with it or did it work just fine?
Jokers Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:52 AM   #6
Lu Ann
Afternoon Tea Hostess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokers Girl View Post
We are looking at staying at the Movie one Sept 30-Oct 6, 2013. I want to book now so I can set up my honeymoon registry but I've been waiting for the fall specials to come out.
My aunt suggested to book it now and when they do another deal (like the play, stay and dine one) to call and change my reservation to that deal.

Has anyone done this before? Have you had any problems with it or did it work just fine?
We do this all the time. We book our room before the specials come out. Then as soon as the prices come out, we call right away and change it to the discounted room. That way we know we at least have a room of some sort, and won't be left roomless! Plus it takes a bigger deposit that way, so when we check into the discounted room, our balance due is less.

Make sure you watch, though, and change to the discounted room as soon as it is posted, so you can get it.

Husband's first trip to WDW was to the Preview Center, prior to the park opening in 1971
We are both 5th-Generation Native Floridians!

Engaged at WDW 1984
Honeymooned at WDW 1985

Last WDW Trip: September 30, 2012
Next WDW Trip: December 9-14, 2012
Lu Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:34 PM   #7
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Just book where you want and when the discount comes out, change your resort if you need to. You won't have to cancel or rebook, and it is painless. I changed my resort probably 4x in 2 days one trip.

Earlier this year Pop was getting 5% and the others were higher, so you just don't know what it will be until it comes out.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:30 PM   #8
dzneelvr
A Disney Dolly
Doesn't mind if her gnomes kick the bucket after a year!

I've been able to pick up larger discounts for the ASmo over the years, so I can't agree they are usually less. I scored a 35% for December 2012. Once you have your room you can apply any discount to it. I start my planning for every trip with the resort room and have only run across a random year or two (in the last 15) that had no discounts
dzneelvr is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: