Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2012, 09:26 PM   #1
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

A Frump's TR: "Me Gusta Epic Mealtime! Stop Thinking My Thoughts: I'm Five." DR LINK!

What Up, Frump Fans?

Hey everybody!! Welcome to my third trip report! My first trip report was "SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP! It Builds Character and Strength!" A July 2011 TR!, followed by "I Don't Wanna Meet Mickey In a Frumpin' Poncho!" An August 2011 TR!. My current TR, which I am writing with Jess (PrincessJess508) is The Frumps Have Hit the Wall... And No One's Mad. "FART SHOES.", which is from our trip this past May.

Whether you are new to my trip reports or have been with me since the beginning, this trip report is going to be like no other before! So sit back, relax, and pull up your own dang chair, as this Frump proudly presents:

A Frump's TR: "Me Gusta Epic Mealtime! Stop Thinking My Thoughts: I'm Five."

Before I let you Be My Guest, however, you probably want to know who the heck we are, right?

Here we go!

First up, me! (*Hint- I'm the one without the overalls)

Hi there! I'm Kristen, I'm 17 years old, and I'll be your narrator for the next two weeks on our Safari! (Just kidding, this is a trip report, and you can bet that's it's going to take WAY longer than that for me to write!) I have been going to Disney World since I was six (and also two trips to Disneyland), and could not be more in love with the place. I love everything from the grandiose fireworks displays to the little details and Hidden Mickeys. I am particularly obsessed with Disney food, the Muppets, and the Monorail! I hope to do the Disney College Program in the Spring of 2015, so look out for Cast Member Kristen! I fall more in love with Disney by the day, and truly consider it to be like my second home. I love DISboards and sharing my trips with all of you, as well! You are all the reason that I am writing this now! So, without further ado, here are some of my Disney favorites!

Park: Disney's Hollywood Studios
Attraction: Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise, Toy Story Mania and Tower of Terror
Show: The Magic, the Memories and You and Illuminations: Reflections of Earth
Table-Service Restaurant: Hoop-De-Doo, 'Ohana and California Grill
Counter-Service Restaurant: Pizzafari and Flame Tree BBQ
Movie: Hercules, Tangled, Aladdin, Mary Poppins and Princess and the Frog
Character: Ariel, Lottie, Hades, Megara, Rex, Mary Poppins, Aladdin, Flynn Rider and Chip & Dale

Next up, Allie!

Allie is one of my best friends on this earth, is also 17, and is a HUGE Disney freak too! She actually invited me on this trip! You see, she is an only child, and every year her parents let her pick a friend to take to Disney with her, and she chose me! I am eternally grateful to all of them, and I have them to thank for some of the best memories of my life, which is truly priceless. I love Allie because she has an awesome sense of humor and is quite brilliant. We have very similar values and beliefs, and sometimes we even share thoughts! She is like my twin, I swear. She makes me laugh until I cry, and we always have so much fun together. Oh, and my nickname for her is Chippy, because she reminds me of a chipmunk sometimes. So, if I ever refer to her as that in this TR, don't be alarmed. She has been going to Disney World since she was really little, and she shares my love of the place. Here are some of Allie's Disney favorites!

Park: EPCOT
Attraction: The Gran Fiesta Tour, Tower of Terror, and Space Mountain
Show: Illuminations: Reflections of Earth and Wishes!
Table-Service Restaurant: Teppan Edo, Yak and Yeti, and Le Cellier
Counter-Service Restaurant: Sunshine Seasons
Movie: Mulan, Hercules, Finding Nemo, and Aladdin
Character: Mulan, Panchito, Chip & Dale, Belle, and Ariel

Sharon!

Sharon is Allie's mom, and is one of the sweetest people I have ever met. She is a genius. She is so genuine and kind and I just love being around her! She was our photographer extraordinaire on this trip, and she was also our coordinator. She is a big fan of the plan, and I just love that about her! She even hung our itinerary on the fridge in our villa! Such an angel. She has been going to Disney for years and years, and in addition to their trip with Allie, she and Allie's dad take a trip down for Food & Wine each fall. She loves Disney and making memories with Allie. I was so happy to be a part of it! Here are some of Sharon's Disney favorites!

Park: Magic Kingdom
Attraction: Mickey's Philharmagic
Show: Wishes!
Table-Service Restaurant: 'Ohana
Counter-Service Restaurant: Columbia Harbour House
Movie: The Rescuers
Character: Bianca, Bernard, and the Fairy Godmother

Last, but not least, Timmy!

Timmy is Allie's dad, and is one of the greatest people I know. His subtle humor is the BEST, especially when it comes out of nowhere, much like the picture above. He and Allie's mom work really hard all year and really enjoy their vacation time in Disney. He is also very genuine and honest, and very smart. (It runs in the family.) He likes to sample all the food and adult beverages in Disney and relax by the pool. He and Sharon are the reason I was able to go on this trip, so I am so thankful to them for that! Here are some of Timmy's Disney favorites!

Park: EPCOT
Attraction: Tower of Terror
Show: Illuminations: Reflections of Earth
Table-Service Restaurant: California Grill
Counter-Service Restaurant: Columbia Harbour House
Movie: Bedknobs and Broomsticks
Character: Timon

When I refer to Allie's parents TOGETHER, I will most likely call them "The Units." They're so precious:

Along the way, you will see Allie's and my Chip & Dale obsession a LOT:

You will also see many Frumpy pictures, which will all include hilarious explanations, of course.

Yeah...we'll get there.

You'll also see and hear about a couple of DIS meets, tour group mayhem, flirty cast members, and some new friends!

And now, my Famous Five W's of Disney!

Who? Honestly, don't you all READ?
What? An 8-night, 9-day trip to Walt Disney World with all of our Annual Passes and the Tables in Wonderland card! (We flew, by the way.)
When? July 14th-22nd, 2012
Where? Disney's Boardwalk Villas (aka my new favorite resort) in a 1-bedroom villa! (Allie's parents have been DVC members since the 90's!)
Why? Because Allie's family invited me! And they are the BEST!

It was a fun, crazy, and HILARIOUS trip full of laughs, smiles, and unfortunately taxes. (Hehe...I couldn't resist.) I can't wait to share it with you, so stay tuned for the food, the fun and the Frump!

WDW Commando #141
WDW (on-site only): 2001: POFQ/ 2010: AKL-Jambo House/ 2011: YC Club Level, POFQ, CSR & AKL-Jambo House (DVC!)/ 2012: SSR (x2), BWV (x2), AKV- Kidani Village & BLT/ 2013: AoA, POLY & AKV- Jambo House/ 2014: CBR, VWL, BCV & GRAND FLORIDIAN VILLAS!
DL: 2009: Fairfield Inn Marriot/ 2010: Camelot Inn/ 2013: Carousel Inn

Completed Trip Reports:

The Frump Takes Over the World: Food Edition! A DR with Extra Magic!A Frump's TR: "Me Gusta Epic Mealtime! Stop Thinking My Thoughts: I'm Five."

"I Don't Wanna Meet Mickey In a Frumpin' Poncho!"
"SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP! It Builds Character and Strength!" A July 2011 TR!

Last edited by Disneyfreak616; 04-10-2013 at 01:40 PM.
Disneyfreak616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:27 PM   #2
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

Table of Contents

Prelude
What Up, Frump Fans?

July 14th, 2012
Chapter 1- HERE WE GO Y'ALL!
Chapter 2- "We've Been Here for Ten Seconds and You're Already Pin Trading."
Chapter 3- "I Think It's Bastille Day..."
Chapter 4- Dory, Duffy, & DANG! Those Legs!
Chapter 5- "This Is Your Caballeros..."
Chapter 6- "Let's Raise the Roof Inside the Hoop-De-Doo!" Part 1
Chapter 6- "Let's Raise the Roof Inside the Hoop-De-Doo!" Part 2

July 15th, 2012
Chapter 7- "Your Mother Needs to Quit Her Job and be a Giraffe Photographer."
Chapter 8- Handsome Is as Handsome Does...
Chapter 9- 'Ohana Means FOOD!
Chapter 10- In Which There Are DIS Meets, Dole Whips, and the BEST PHOTO BOMB. EVER.

July 16th, 2012
Chapter 11- Cinderella's Royal Table! (Part 1)
Chapter 12- Cinderella's Royal Table! (Part 2)
Chapter 13- Cinderella's Royal Table! (Part 3)
Chapter 14- "I Hope You Get to Shoot a lot of Bows Today..."
Chapter 15- IMPENDING DOOM.
Chapter 16- The Torrential YOLO
Chapter 17- The One in Which They FAIL MISERABLY at Mini-Golf.

July 17th, 2012
Chapter 18- Captain's Grille!
Chapter 19- Look at all those Lazy People in the Lazy Rivaaa...
Chapter 20- Boardwalkings and Ambushes
Chapter 21- "Dale Proposed to Kristen, but He said He's Gonna Call Me." "What a Player."
Chapter 22- Grand Theft Bread
Chapter 23- "We're the Only Americans in Here..."

July 18th, 2012
Chapter 24- TOUR GROUP TAKEOVER.
Chapter 25- Hunger, Home, and Happiness
Chapter 26- Hola Bonita!
Chapter 27- Carousels and Philharmagicalness!

July 19th, 2012
Chapter 28- A Successful Freaking Morning if I Ever Saw One
Chapter 29- "Black Velvet if you Please..."
Chapter 30- An Evening in EPCOT!

July 20th, 2012
Chapter 31- Pawn Stars of Flirtation
Chapter 32- THE OVERHEATED MADNESS OF IT ALL
Chapter 33- "Are you Kristen?" "Yes." "Are you a Frump!?"

July 21st, 2012
Chapter 34- Drawing Flynn...Ya Screw it Up and He Still Looks Gorgeous!
Chapter 35- Birthday Confusion
Chapter 36- "Prostate Exam for Mr. Lemiesz..."

July 22nd, 2012
Chapter 37- Olivia's!
Chapter 38- Meanwhile in Warrior 1...
Chapter 39- The End!

WDW Commando #141
WDW (on-site only): 2001: POFQ/ 2010: AKL-Jambo House/ 2011: YC Club Level, POFQ, CSR & AKL-Jambo House (DVC!)/ 2012: SSR (x2), BWV (x2), AKV- Kidani Village & BLT/ 2013: AoA, POLY & AKV- Jambo House/ 2014: CBR, VWL, BCV & GRAND FLORIDIAN VILLAS!

Completed Trip Reports:

The Frump Takes Over the World: Food Edition! A DR with Extra Magic!A Frump's TR: "Me Gusta Epic Mealtime! Stop Thinking My Thoughts: I'm Five."

Last edited by Disneyfreak616; 04-01-2013 at 08:09 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-30-2012, 09:30 PM   #3
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

YAYAYA I am in! This will be fun! New people to read about!

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
rachel09985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:32 PM   #4
Disneydude97
Reaching New Horizons

Count me in, my fellow frump! Besides, I've never read any of Allie's TR's before (although I do know that one of her TR's gave you the classic one-liner, "Suck it up, buttercup! It builds character and strength!"), so it'll be fun to see what frumpiness she brings to the trip! Can't wait for the first chapter, Kristen! Frumps forever!
Old 11-30-2012, 09:40 PM   #5
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post
YAYAYA I am in! This will be fun! New people to read about!
YAY! It definitely will be!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneydude97 View Post
Count me in, my fellow frump! Besides, I've never read any of Allie's TR's before (although I do know that one of her TR's gave you the classic one-liner, "Suck it up, buttercup! It builds character and strength!"), so it'll be fun to see what frumpiness she brings to the trip! Can't wait for the first chapter, Kristen! Frumps forever!
Yes it did! You did your homework! She definitely will bring a lot of it! The first chapter will probably not be posted until after my trip.

WDW Commando #141

Completed Trip Reports:

Old 11-30-2012, 09:44 PM   #6
FancyNancy
Princess

Subbing in!

FancyNancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:55 PM   #7
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

I'm in. Loved your previous TR's!!

DL - 1967 | WDW - 1973 (Orlando) | WDW - 1980 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1985 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1997 (Contemporary) | WDW - 2007 (Old Key West)
DVC - May2010 - OKW | Nov-Dec2010 - AKV/BWV | May2012 - BLT/VWL | Sep2012 - Aulani (30th anniversary) | Dec2012 - Aulani (DD honeymoon) | Oct2013 - BCV | Jun2014 - BWV | Oct2014 - DCL/BCV | Aug2015 - DCL Alaska | Dec2015 - BWV

The "Don't mess with the CMs/take less photos TR" Jun14 @ BWV
Oct13-BCV - MNSSHP, F&W, Wild Africa Trek
Sep12-Aulani - Sharks, horses, a submarine scooter, luau & Mickey
May12-BLT/VWL - Don't tell Mickey! It's NOT a bug's life! That's a dolphin's WHAT? Where's the ER? Is that a body? Seaworld, Discovery Cove, IoA, Space Center
Nov/Dec10-AKV/BWV - Backstage Magic Tour; V&A; Lots of pics and video
May10-OKW - DDP cost analysis; Wishes Dessert Party; Fantasmic
saintstickets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:45 PM   #8
PlutosRHM55
Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager

Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?

YAY! It's started. I love how you painted your nails with the dancing people Kristen! Need that pin so bad now Those Spectrospecs are awesome! I want some! Track some wrackspurts ya know. Will have to see if they have those at WWoHP when I go... someday.

Big to the No Sleeping! It never fails to preserve energy for Disney sometime or preserve Disney time that is That's awesome how you were able to shoot a whole getting ready video! Need to watch more of Jenna Marbles' videos to see what that is about. I've only seen the one about the Disney princesses lol

Nice foreshadowing there, now I understand why my parents yelled at me when I didn't weigh my luggage the night before I left for Disney. All makes sense now! lol jk Can't believe the lady on the plane. Someone seems to be missing a whole lot of magic in their life. But yeah, more for us!

Can't wait to read more!
PlutosRHM55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:03 AM   #9
herb102211
DIS Veteran

I'm in! Loved reading your other TR's! Can't wait to hear about this one.

*Food, Wine & Christmas Time..A November 2012 TR*
Wining & Dining Around the World~ An October '13 TR
5/08- Offsite, 5/09- Pop Century, 11/09 (engagement!)- Pop Century, 3/10- Pop Century/Disney Wonder 4 Nt Bahamas, 9/10- Pop Century, 3/11- Beach Club/ Disney Dream 3 Nt Bahamas, 5/11- Beach Club, 10/11- (Disneymoon) Beach Club, 12/11-Beach Club 3/12- BCV/BLT , 5/12- BCV/OKW/BLT, 9/12-BWV/BCV/BLT/AoA, 11/12- BCV 2/13- BCV/OKW, 4/13-BWV, 9/13- BWV, 10/13- Yacht Club , 2/14- BWV, 4/14- BWV/WL, 7/14- Yacht Club, 10/14- Beach Club
Me (28) DH (28)
herb102211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:56 AM   #10
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Hi Kristen, where to begin.

I think this is your first update since I officially joined the DIS (and WOW did you ever update), even though I've been reading your's and many other TR's over the years.
You even played a role in me actually writing one myself.
Thank you for all the Frump reports up to now (and what the hell, the many yet to come in the future).

As for the current updates, that photo at ToT ... I love Disney CM's
DisneyKid4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:07 PM   #11
Happy Duck
Mouseketeer

So many good updates! Love it! Thanks for keeping me entertained on my sicky day.

I am seriously in love with CRT. Going for breakfast and dinner during August trip How did you score the window view? Tell me your secret!

Yay Muppets! I can't wait to find that key! (Maybe I should bring a screwdriver...doesn't look like the key is easily accessible....)

Delicious looking cookie. And yet another snack added to my list.

I think TOT has one of the best queue for long waits. So much to look at!

The Wilderness Must be Explored (for 15 days!)- A Mother/Daughter Trip!

April 2013 Trip Report: It's EXHILARATING in the BIG BLUE WORLD!
Happy Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:16 PM   #12
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Hey frump! I got so stinking behind on your TR but I'm finally all caught up! If I commented on everything I wanted to this thing would go on for several hours probably, so I'll spare you and just say that I'm loving it OF COURSE. Yall are just precious. So excited that I get to meet you!

And... yeah!

Completed Trip Reports:
December 2011 * July/August 2012 * May/June 2013
marDgreen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:15 PM   #13
Jazzabelle508
Live, Laugh, Love and Disney <3 :)

Hi Kristen, I'm in and am looking forward to reading more!!!
Pottermore: GoldThorn119 Twitter Page: Jazzyjen508

Jazzabelle508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:43 PM   #14
lovegrumpy
DIS Veteran

Can't wait to hear more about it.
ME/DH/DS18/DS17
Or,Wa,FLx2,Ia,Cali,DC,Va
Been married to my Coastie for 17 years
Dh,Me,Ds 18,Ds 17

lovegrumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:45 PM   #15
emma212010
DIS Veteran

I'm in!
1997-POFQ (First Visit!), 1998-ASMo, 2001-ASM, 2003-POFQ, 2003-CBR, 2005-offsite, 2006-offsite, 2007-Poly & offsite, 2009-POR, 2010-Dolphin & Poly, 2012- POP & POFQ, 2013 June-Dolphin, 2013 July- AKL, 2014 Jan- AoA, 2014 July- CBR

Visiting Mom for the holidays! January 2014 TR (Current)
Moving Mom to FL and DBF's first Disney trip June 2013 PTR and TR
Mother/Daughter June 2012 PTR and TR
Graduation/Anniversary Trip July 2010 TR
emma212010 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: