Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2012, 02:22 PM   #1
Mom2six
DIS Veteran

Where to Sign Up for JTA?

I don't understand where to go to sign up for the Jedi Training Academy. Can someone give me directions?

Also, does anyone know where the new Pirates of the Caribbean experience at HS is located?

Thanks!
Mom2six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:28 PM   #2
Pumbaa7287
I am the great Stone Dragon!
You may ask why someone would want to inflict that kind of pain on themselves

I believe sign up for JTA is on the stage next to the Star Tours ride before the shows begin.

The new PotC experience is located where the old Narnia show was, right between Walt: One Man's Dream, and Toy Story Mania.

We were very underwhelmed for the most part by the latter, although the Capt. Jack holo was pretty awesome.

Kungaloosh!

Oh the places you'll go:
Animal Kingdom Lodge, Beach Club, Old Key West, Wilderness Lodge, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs, Port Orleans Resort, Saratoga Springs, All-Star Movies, Pop Century

And miles to go before I sleep:
Boardwalk Inn, Contemporary, Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Yacht Club, All-Star Music, All-Star Sports, Art of Animation

10 down, 8 to go!
Pumbaa7287 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-30-2012, 02:30 PM   #3
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2six
I don't understand where to go to sign up for the Jedi Training Academy. Can someone give me directions?

Also, does anyone know where the new Pirates of the Caribbean experience at HS is located?

Thanks!
JTA sign-up can also be at ABC Soundstage, where Sounds Dangerous used to be. Still close to Star Tours and the JTA stage.
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:33 PM   #4
PrincessArlena'sDad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2six View Post

Thanks!
They do sign ups first thing in the morning after the park opens, which apparently has been varying between 8:30 and 9:00. They sign up for all the shows at once, so if you want to get your kids in the show, it would be best to be there by 8:00.

CMs will direct you to the sign up location; that's been moving around, occaisionally, as well.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:37 PM   #5
MI mom of 3
didn't feel any panic that we were missing things

Keep in mind that your kids must be with you when you sign them up.

'67 Disneyland; '74, '75 Fort Wilderness; '82 Treehouses; '83, '85, '89 Fairway Villas; '91 Grand Vista Suites; '93 Beach Club; '93 Fairway Villas; '94 OKW; '95 AllStar Sports; '96 Disneyland, '97 OKW; '99, '01 OKW/Vero; '01 Boardwalk; '03, '05 OKW/Vero; '06 CSR; '07 POFQ; '07 OKW/Vero; '08 Poly; '09 OKW/Vero; '11 Saratoga Springs; '11 OKW/Vero; '12 Vero Beach; '12 Beach Club Villas; '13 AllStar Music; '13 Pop Century; '13 OKW/Vero; '13 Art of Animation; '13 AllStar Sports; '14 Pop Century; '14 Pop Century; '14 OKW; '14 Saratoga Springs
MI mom of 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:05 PM   #6
AndyFL
This is my tag....one day I'll be all big and my color will change!

Location: Panhandle of FL just north of Panama City...basically the armpit of FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI mom of 3 View Post
Keep in mind that your kids must be with you when you sign them up.
Very, VERY good point. I didn't know that and got up early and got to the park first thing while I let my family catch some extra ZZZs. The CM had that "uh-oh, I've got to tick off a Daddy" look on her face when I walked in. I called my Wife immediately and they got there asap and by then the earliest spot was 2 pm.

Got to admit, we tend to stay out late and get to bed even later so we never get to the parks before 11 in the morning...I was amazed at how empty it was.
AndyFL is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: