Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Canadian Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2012, 07:11 AM   #1
mtmbyck
I AM Canadian eh!

Have any Canadians been asked to test the new Fastpass+?

I was disappointed last year when they started enforcing the fastpass return times as we do enjoy taking in the sights, having a sit down meal, and trying to go at a slower enjoyable pace in the parks with thenew enforced return times, we found we were running like crazy to get back to ridesat the required time and it was hard to judges how long a line would take and if you had time to get back to your fastpass ride.

So now I understand the Fastpass plus will allow guests to reserve a time for their Favourite rides up to 6 months in advance. For crazy planners like most of us this may be a benefit, but for last minute vacationers, I am guessing they will miss out on this opportunity as even in the small testing groups they have initiated, guests indicate they couldn't get on the rides they wanted on the days they wanted.

Guests also report that the scanning machine was rejecting their pass even though they had the time confirmed. As the cast member has no way to see this (fastpass+ is a credit card with computer recorded times on it) guests were rejected entry and sent to guest services.

Not sure why Disney felt the need to change what seemed to be working?
mtmbyck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:37 AM   #2
dsneygirl
My little pirate is here
The mixed drinks always tasted yummy to me

We tried it in Sept. It was ok. I liked just having 1 card to carry the entire time. But some of the things we wanted (parade viewing, Mickey and Minnie meet and greet) were gone ASAP. For us it was just so-so. I certainly wasn't blown away.
FW 1980, 1984, 1988, DxL 1992, Canada Pavillon CM July 1997-July 1998, (Met DH at the BeaverTails shack) Off site Feb 1999 Engaged at Cindy's Sept 2000, DL GC Feb 2001, POFQ Sept 2001, Poly June 2002, Off site March 2003, FW Hallowe'en 2003, GF Xmas 2003, DisneyLand Oct 2004, FW May 2005 Joined DVC June 2005 SSR Oct 2005, OKW Dec 2005, DLH Mar 2006,DS's 1st Trip BCV & CBR Oct 2006, VWL & POR Dec 2006, BCV & POR May 2007, BWV & ASM Aug 2007, SSR Oct 2007 VWL Dec 2007, AKL/VWL Sept 2008, March 2009 Pop/BCV, Disney Wonder and AKV/BCV May 2009, AKL/VWL Sept 2009, OKW Dec 2009,Mar 2010 Disney Wonder and BLT, May 2010 AKL, Aug 2010 VWL/BCV,Dec 2010 AKL, Feb 2011 Disney Dream/VWL, May 2011 BLT, Sept 2011 VGC, Oct 2011 SSR, Aulani June 2012, BCV/VWL Sept 2012, AKV/BLT Sept 2013, Dec 2013 VWL/DisneyDream, Aug 2014 SSR/AKL, Nov 2014 VGC
(me)(DH)(DS 7) (DS 2)

dsneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-30-2012, 11:38 AM   #3
hihohiho
Earning My Ears

I signed up

I will be there Dec 10-16. I didn't get an 'invitation' email, I just read about it here in the Theme Parks area and tried my reservation number and it looks like it worked! I don't know if they will mail my passes to Canada, if I don't get them I will check at the ME desk.

Anyways, I think it could work really well for us! I booked the new Belle and Little Mermaid attractions, plus Goofy's Barnstormer betwee 3-4:55, and the electrical parade priority seating passes, for Wednesday Dec 12. It should let us do the new fantasyland things in the afternoon without lines instead of having to do them first thing in the morning. For HS, the fastpass options weren't great, we picked TSM for 12:20 and Star Tours at 10:45, and the American Idol experience at 1:40, on Saturdat the 15th.
hihohiho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:38 AM   #4
mtmbyck
I AM Canadian eh!

Anyone know if a non-resort guest can sign up to try? We are there in March and know our park days.
mtmbyck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:04 PM   #5
Polydweller
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmbyck View Post
Anyone know if a non-resort guest can sign up to try? We are there in March and know our park days.
Nope it is not a sign up kind of thing at this point. Disney is selecting people to invite from those who have reserved the ME service. It's not known when this will be available for everyone. It's just testing now and the whole point is to see what problems (like some reported in this thread) will crop up so they can see what's wrong and fix/change it.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:02 AM   #6
Disneydaddycanada
Disney Child through and through!!!

We just got our email on Friday last week and we are there dec 10th to 17.

The problem we are running into is our friends also got the offer but we can not match our times on the rides we want to do. I am hoping to go to guest services and they will be able to make the adjustment.

Concerning the return times on the fast passes. We were down there same time last year and we were never stopped from going on a ride beyond the fast pass time?
This is the 1st time of heard of this new policy.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:51 PM   #7
Disneydaddycanada
Disney Child through and through!!!

Just got my fast passes via snail mail which was very quick since I just completed the website choices on Friday.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:32 AM   #8
Jo-Anne
DIS Veteran

Do you have to be signed up for ME to be invited to test this?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: