Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2012, 04:29 PM   #1
PJ
Mouseketeer

Parking at resorts with AP?

We're at FW this week, but staying nearby the rest of the Winter. (Newly retired - now full-time RVer and 1st Winter in Florida after 60 years in Wisconsin! ) We bought an Annual Pass so we can come and go and do things at a leisurely pace.

With an AP, can we park at resorts or do we have to have an ADR at a restaurant? We enjoy visiting the different properties, and some of the food court meals. If we can't park at a resort, since the AP includes parking at the theme parks I suppose we could just park at one of the parks or TTC and take a bus, but it would be nice not to have to do it that way.
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:49 PM   #2
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

There is no charge to park at any of the WDW resorts, unless you use valet parking. Having an AP does not matter.

Anybody is allowed to visit a resort if they have a legitimate purpose, such as dining there. Disney discourages you from parking at a resort just to be near a park (i.e., parking at the Contemporary to walk to the MK).
Register to remove

Old 11-28-2012, 04:55 PM   #3
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Having an AP, or a resort parking permit for that matter, does not entitle you to parking at various resorts. Now, can you do it, and not have any issues? Probably.
If there is signage up, at that resort, telling you that parking at that resort is not provided for park access, then no, you shouldn't try. If there is no such signage, then give it a shot. It would be very courteous to park in a further removed parking spot vs one right up close to the resort.

goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:30 PM   #4
Polydweller
DIS Veteran

The issue at the monorail resorts is that the lots are small and cannot accommodate people going to the parks. By parking there people are potentially taking away a spot from someone who is staying there. And yes it does happen that a person returning to their resort cannot find a spot, I've been there. Since people staying at the resort have not other option leave the spots o them unless you have an ADR. Having an AP does not provide resort parking access.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:10 PM   #5
buzznina
DIS Veteran

Location: The White Sugar Beaches of the Florida Panhandle, Destin area. 7 hours away from the Magic Place.

If you are going there to visit the resort, to explore, shop or eat at, then yes you can park there. Some resorts may give you a 3 hour parking pass to put on your dash, but that's about it. We always drive to WDW and like to go visit other resorts to look around, eat or shop. We have never had any issues.

DW DH DD(9) DD(4)

AKL-SV(2), POLY, GF(CL), CR, POFQ(3), POR(6)(RGR(2)), CSR(10), CBR, FW CABINS, BW, POP(3), ASMU(2), ASSP, ASMO and DLH
buzznina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:15 PM   #6
PJ
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
If there is signage up, at that resort, telling you that parking at that resort is not provided for park access, then no, you shouldn't try. If there is no such signage, then give it a shot..
I may not have explained it clearly - we don't need to park at a resort for Park access - if we're going to a resort it would be to as another paraphrased it, to explore, shop and eat. (in other words, for an hour or 2). Sounds like this may not be a problem.
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:51 AM   #7
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ View Post
I may not have explained it clearly - we don't need to park at a resort for Park access - if we're going to a resort it would be to as another paraphrased it, to explore, shop and eat. (in other words, for an hour or 2). Sounds like this may not be a problem.
Oh, I assumed that's what you meant. I just like to be sure I cover all the 'what ifs' just in case someone with other plans reads that response.

You can park at any resort in order to use it's facilities....that's not an issue. Have a ball!!!

goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: