Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2012, 04:07 PM   #1
Herbie
DIS Veteran

Party of 16 at Beaches & Cream?

Tried to take the Fam for the Kitchen Sink yesterday at 3pm, and were told we had a min of an hour and a half, because they were seating a party of 16!! Am i off base in thinking that seating a part that large is just wrong? no one else could get in because they took up half of the place.

Guess i am just irritated and disappointed........
Herbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:14 PM   #2
nansmama
DIS Veteran

Wow! Yeah, that is pretty crazy for the size of that place.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-26-2012, 04:58 PM   #4
Herbie
DIS Veteran

OK, There actually was a difference. To accomodate them, a LOT of tables sat empty waiting until all of the party could be seated, while smaller parties could have come and gone. It backed everything up.
Old 11-26-2012, 05:27 PM   #5
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

AFAIK, Beaches and Cream only takes walk ups. Whether it's one person or 16, it's first come first served and you wait your turn. Sucks if you're the one at the end of the line, but such is life.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:52 PM   #6
chocovrdmicears
DIS Veteran

What other option did they have? Are they suppose to tell the party of 16 "Sorry - you have too many in your party..you can't eat here?" They were there before you and they have just as much right to be seated as your party does.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:52 PM   #7
davedmaine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbie View Post
Tried to take the Fam for the Kitchen Sink yesterday at 3pm, and were told we had a min of an hour and a half, because they were seating a party of 16!! Am i off base in thinking that seating a part that large is just wrong? no one else could get in because they took up half of the place.

Guess i am just irritated and disappointed........
Yes, you're off-base. A party of 16 has just as much right to be there as your entitled family. Get there before them next time.
davedmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:42 PM   #8
dvcterry
DIS Veteran

It does kind of stink. But at the same time it is first come first served. Even if they were a larger party. We have a large party when we go out sometimes. Sometimes we sit all together and other times we are told we may not be seated all together. Just like Disney reservations. B & C is a walk up so no advance notice. And the group had as much right to dine as any one of us.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:07 AM   #9
Allison
- Join date March 2004 -

That party has just as much right to eat there as your party does. I am not sure why you would think otherwise.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:04 AM   #10
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Sorry you ended up coming in after them. B&C is very small, does not take reservations, and won't turn away a party of 16 if they can seat them, it is not in Disney's business plan to tell people "no" if they can accommodate them and there is no rule that says you must have a maximum number in your party to eat there (I assume if the party exceeds the restaurant's capacity that would be it, otherwise none). So no, I don't think it's "wrong" for them to seat larger parties. They got there first.

the OP is frustrated that they didn't get their kitchen sink for reasons beyond their control, there is no reason to attack them.
Old 11-27-2012, 10:23 AM   #11
Herbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdc nala View Post
sorry you ended up coming in after them. B&c is very small, does not take reservations, and won't turn away a party of 16 if they can seat them, it is not in disney's business plan to tell people "no" if they can accommodate them and there is no rule that says you must have a maximum number in your party to eat there (i assume if the party exceeds the restaurant's capacity that would be it, otherwise none). So no, i don't think it's "wrong" for them to seat larger parties. They got there first.

The op is frustrated that they didn't get their kitchen sink for reasons beyond their control, there is no reason to attack them.
thank you.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:52 PM   #12
carrie1626
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=davedmaine;46793728]Yes, you're off-base. A party of 16 has just as much right to be there as your entitled family. Get there before them next time.[/QUOTE]

2000 NOV Polynesian 2001 OCT AS Music 2002 AUG Grosvenor DD 2003 AUG DoubleTree DD 2004 NOV Port Orleans French Quarter 2006 NOV POP Century 2010 AUG Animal KingdomLodge 2011 NOV Animal Kingdom Lodge 2012 NOV HGVC Internat'l Dr 25th Anniversary trip 2013 DEC Pop/CBR next trip not soon enough
carrie1626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:00 AM   #13
cymbaldiva
DIS Veteran

I thought this was a place we could all vent - for all of you that are saying the OP is wrong, think about it - if you were really in his/her shoes, wouldn't you be at least be a little bummed?

And the super helpful answer of "get there first"? Yeesh,,,

Sorry OP - while a big party has every right to be there, I still feel your pain - tough break
Old 11-27-2012, 07:23 AM   #14
Allison
- Join date March 2004 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by cymbaldiva View Post
I thought this was a place we could all vent - for all of you that are saying the OP is wrong, think about it - if you were really in his/her shoes, wouldn't you be at least be a little bummed?

And the super helpful answer of "get there first"? Yeesh,,,

Sorry OP - while a big party has every right to be there, I still feel your pain - tough break
Venting about the wait is one thing. Stating that the other party was somehow doing something wrong is another.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:27 AM   #15
magicaldisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allison View Post
Venting about the wait is one thing. Stating that the other party was somehow doing something wrong is another.

Exactly!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: