Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 05:47 PM   #1
Sleepyhappyandgrumpy
Mouseketeer

Give me the low down on the fast pass situation...

Hey all!
Last year was our first trip to Disney. We loved the fast passes. I've heard that they are now enforcing the return times - how strict is this? Also - has anyone heard how that new fast pass system is working in trial? What's the word on when it will be available for everyone?
Thanks for the info!!

Oct 2011 POP, Oct 2013 WL
Old 11-25-2012, 05:49 PM   #2
Sandisw

DISboards Moderator

Yes, they are definitely enforcing the return times on fast passes. Can't help with the other part of your question.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-25-2012, 05:55 PM   #3
mickeyonasticky
DIS Veteran

The only time I personally have experienced them not being strict on FastPass return times was once at Space Mountain. I returned at the correct time to use my FastPass, but the ride was down. I asked if I could use the FastPass later that day, and they said that would be fine.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:00 PM   #4
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepyhappyandgrumpy
Hey all!
Last year was our first trip to Disney. We loved the fast passes. I've heard that they are now enforcing the return times - how strict is this? Also - has anyone heard how that new fast pass system is working in trial? What's the word on when it will be available for everyone?
Thanks for the info!!
Completely strict. There is almost no reliable info on the rumored FP+ system--when, what, where, who, nor why.

FastPass+ Basic Information, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
Old 11-27-2012, 08:40 AM   #5
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
Completely strict. There is almost no reliable info on the rumored FP+ system--when, what, where, who, nor why.
Ditto. The only exception to the time restriction is if a ride goes down during your return time, they will usually allow it to be used at a later time.

Old 11-25-2012, 06:38 PM   #6
DRDISNEYMD
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* *+*~The Snow Queen~*+* ~A girl should be two things: *+*~Classy & Fabulous~*+* +*+*~Coco Chanel~*+*+*+ *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepyhappyandgrumpy View Post
Hey all!
Thanks for the info!!
~FastPass enforcement is very strict, but nowhere as bad as I thought it would be & and the side effects have been mild, if not positive. It appears that Disney has increased the amount of fastpasses since the enforcement and I've noticed more fastpasses available later in the day than ever before!

~I am so excited about FP+! All of the reviews that I read were remarkably good! Hopefully, we will hear more about this, among other things, during Disney's "What's Next" presentation on Dec 7th. I hope FP+ will be ready by the time the Seven Dwarves Mine Train is complete. Hang in there!!!

Last edited by DRDISNEYMD; 11-25-2012 at 06:45 PM.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:55 PM   #7
Melodious
DIS Veteran

I agree that enforcement is very strict. I don't know if this is directly related but on our recent trip, several fastpass lines were very long. The fastpass line for the safari extended out into the African village and required several CMs to keep the line straight. It took about 20 minutes to get through
Old 11-25-2012, 11:24 PM   #8
xipotec
Grinning Ghosts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melodious
I agree that enforcement is very strict. I don't know if this is directly related but on our recent trip, several fastpass lines were very long. The fastpass line for the safari extended out into the African village and required several CMs to keep the line straight. It took about 20 minutes to get through
It was weird , our recent trip the Space Mountain FastPass line was longer!!!! BUT the FastPass line moved quicker! Saw the same thing in TSM and TM.
Weird!
Before that too many to list
!

SOME IMAGINATION, HUH??? - Mickey Mouse
Old 11-26-2012, 05:24 AM   #9
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melodious View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by xipotec View Post
It was weird , our recent trip the Space Mountain FastPass line was longer!!!! BUT the FastPass line moved quicker! Saw the same thing in TSM and TM.
Weird!
This is very much consistent with the theory that they have added more FP's into the mix in anticipation of taking them back out for FP+.

There have also been stories reported here about standby lines moving much more slowly than before, which would also be consistent with them adding more FP's into the mix.

If true, instead of being a FP, it really seems more like "appointment riding" to me.
Old 11-27-2012, 04:31 AM   #10
vacationer1954
DIS Veteran

I would rely more on wait time numbers from people who have a reason to be checking them, like the people who put out crowd calendars. It is just too easy to feel like the lines are moving slower when you're standing in them.
Old 11-26-2012, 04:29 AM   #11
vacationer1954
DIS Veteran

This is great news. Before when they weren't enforcing the return times we would often find that many of the attraction FPs had run out before we reached that part of the park.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:47 AM   #12
Suellen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melodious View Post
This seems pretty common on the safari lately. I *think* and I don't know for sure... but my guess is it has something to do with the way they cross strollers over mid way through the line. I have no concrete theory except this seems to hold up the FP line.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:08 AM   #13
DisneyDudet
Disney Music Addict!

The fast pass return policy should ALWAYS be treated as if it were enforced strictly. There is NOTHING to say that just because you have a fast pass that you can get in anytime after your time. In fact, they say you must return during your window, I believe. Even when they were not as 'strict', they could still turn you away. I'm not quite sure what all the complaining is about. I will admit that I have used FPs after my window, but I also knew that there was a possibility I would not be allowed to use them. Just because some allow you to break the rules, it should not be expected that you will always be allowed to break the rules.

As far as FP+, I'm not quite sure I like the idea, because at is A LOT of planning. It's hard enough just to plan out the few TS meals I do.

Morgan, RN
Next up:
Princess Half Marathon- CSR and AKL-K
Off Site-6/90, 1/03, 6/09, 8/09, 2/11 POFQ-6/92, 12/08, ASMu-6/95, POR-6/97, 6/00, FW, 6/02, BWI-6/02, 2/13, Dolphin-6/03, 10/13 AKL-12/03, 12/05, 12/10, 2/11, 2/12 WL-5-6/05, ASSp-1/06, Swan-10/07, POP-9/08, 1/09, 4-5/09, 1/12, 12/12, ASMo-1/10, CBR-3/09, OKW-12/09, 3/10, 1/11, 6/11, BLT-6/10, 12/12, 10/13 Kidani-5/11, AoA-10/13,DLR-6/06, 9/09, 9/10, 9/11, 12/11, 9/12 DLParis-12/07, DCL-Wonder-5/02, 6/08 Magic-1/07, 6/09, Dream-2/11, Fantasy- 5/12, 10/13
"Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic." Sam Eagle (Muppet 3D)

Proud DVC Owner at Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort!

Old 11-28-2012, 09:28 PM   #14
LisaBi
DIS Veteran

This is different. If someone with more financial means chooses an expensive restaurant, it doesn't impact my ability to eat at a less expensive one. If someone pays more for a deluxe suite, it doesn't impact my ability to book a standard room. If they pay for other extras, it doesn't impact my ability to buy the perks that fit me. But if they pay for ride access, that DOES impact my own ride access (assuming that if there were more takers on extra fast passes or paid FOTL, that makes for less free fast passes and longer lines.)
Old 11-30-2012, 05:50 PM   #15
Don Disney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaBi View Post
This is different. If someone with more financial means chooses an expensive restaurant, it doesn't impact my ability to eat at a less expensive one. If someone pays more for a deluxe suite, it doesn't impact my ability to book a standard room. If they pay for other extras, it doesn't impact my ability to buy the perks that fit me. But if they pay for ride access, that DOES impact my own ride access (assuming that if there were more takers on extra fast passes or paid FOTL, that makes for less free fast passes and longer lines.)
Thank-you.I could'nt find the words to express what I meant as well as you did!That is exactly the point I was"trying" to make.Well put!
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: