Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2012, 05:16 PM   #1
Gorechick
DIS Veteran

Anyone have a Disney Christmas tree?

I put up our Christmas tree and did the lights last night and the kids and I decorated it today. I've collected many Disney themed ornaments from WDW, Disneystore, Hallmark, and other retailers over the years. Although I have loads of other ornaments that have been handed down or bought over the years I decided to do a mostly exclusive Disney tree this year. We just went to WDW in August and are still talking about our trip so it's a nice way to keep the memories going. I also purchased the Disney's Magical Fireplace DVD, we had that on in the background while we did the tree. Someday I hope I we can go to WDW for Christmas, even if it's only for a few days.
DTD-Courtyard by Marriott August 1997
Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon August 2002
Port Orleans- French Quarter Anniversary (AND Hurricane Charley) August 2004
Port Orleans- Riverside Royal Room- 10th Anniversary and First Trip with Twins August 2012
DS's WISH trip - Hopefully Aulani Resort! Summer 2015

Me (44) DH (40) DS (9) DD (9)

Waiting impatiently for our next family WDW trip!
Gorechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:50 PM   #2
avgeek81
DIS Veteran

When my dad was alive we had an exclusively disney tree. Tinkerbell is our tree topper. I had a little tree in the other room for our other ornaments. My mom gave me the tree after my dad passed and I moved out. I just put it up today.

I would say its about 75% Disney and the rest is mixed. I have Simpsons, Scooby Doo, Rudolph and some stuff from when I was little plus some stuff from the first year I moved and my roommate and I had our own little tree.

What I like about decorating the tree is when I see most of the ornaments I can remember the story behind them. Like this one we got at WDW, this one we got for my mom because she likes winnie the pooh. There is a muppet one that my mom drove to half the Hallmark stores in the states to find because I wanted it for christmas one year.
avgeek81 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-25-2012, 06:07 PM   #3
Gorechick
DIS Veteran

We have Tink on the top of our tree too!
Port Orleans- Riverside Royal Room- 10th Anniversary and First Trip with Twins August 2012

Old 11-25-2012, 06:11 PM   #4
Micca
You gotta love a great plan like that
Will be spending some time with George Harrison
I have known whack-a-doodles in my day

Our tree is about 97% Disney. We've been collecting Disney ornaments for nearly 40 years, so we have a bunch of them. Mickey sits atop our tree. When we started collecting them the selection was limited and was very basic stuff(white globes with a kind of tape with the graphics on it). They really upped their game some time in the 80s. We've had to refrain from buying ornaments as we've run out of room on our tree.
Micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:14 PM   #5
lynxstch
Love that Figment!
Turkey, Clay, and my favorite all time christmas song..all on the same day..it doesn't get any better!
Learned the hard way not to store meltables in the oven

we do! we put up 3 trees, and the middle sized one is 100% Disney! it's always my favorite one to decorate!
Old 11-25-2012, 06:21 PM   #6
Maria1985
Mouseketeer

That it’s those small daily happenings that make life so spectacular.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:21 PM   #7
Randi
Don't you dare dangle my meat in a deli!

I had a Disney theme tree too.

Actually I am very big on themed trees. I have 3 different themes, all stored in their own bins so my sons & I could decide which one to use each year.

The Disney one had a plush Mickey tree topper and all ornaments were either bought at WDW or were Hallmark. Even the skirt had characters on it.

I don't put up a tree anymore and I sure do miss those family Christmasses. Heck I miss my family, all I have left is memories.
Randi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:34 PM   #8
Diane♥Disney
DIS Veteran

We have a Disney Christmas tree. There are a few non Disney ornaments but it's mostly Disney. We have a Disney tree skirt, Disney stockings, Disney character tree trimmers and a Monorail that goes around the tree.

ME DH : DS DD
Diane♥Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:35 PM   #9
Goofydiane
DIS Veteran

I have 2 Disney trees. Small 6 foot tree, decorated with round ornamets. Large 9ft tree with all my other Disney ornaments. Just finished putting them up this afternoon.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:46 PM   #10
Tarheel Tink
Cosmos mariner-destination unknown
I've shown in obedience and know the thrill you must feel
Using "robots" means I can DIS

Location: North Carolina Coast (California, Oahu, New York,Washington D.C., etc. as a military brat)

I have 2 Tinkerbell tree toppers. The fiber optic one I use on one of my trees but the other one is kinda creepy. DH and I agree that Tink's expression on this particular one is too Chucky to use! We call it Kuh-razy Tink and keep it boxed.

I do have a number of Disney collection, DVC, etc. ornaments that cover an entire tree. Guests try and name the characters!

Tarheel Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:26 PM   #11
runsandjumps
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randi
Actually I am very big on themed trees. I have 3 different themes, all stored in their own bins so my sons & I could decide which one to use each year.

The Disney one had a plush Mickey tree topper and all ornaments were either bought at WDW or were Hallmark. Even the skirt had characters on it.

I don't put up a tree anymore and I sure do miss those family Christmasses. Heck I miss my family, all I have left is memories.
This stuck with me. I hope you have a happy Christmas.
runsandjumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:06 PM   #12
bellebud
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randi View Post

bellebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:45 PM   #13
Gorechick
DIS Veteran

Once we have a house of our own, I'd love to get the Disney train and maybe start collecting the Mickey village houses. I also have 5 boxes of Santa Mickey dishes in the basement that I've never used. Just easier to keep them stored until we move. I'll have to break them out for the first Christmas in our new home, hopefully next year.

Old 11-26-2012, 06:42 PM   #14
disney1990
Wow, it make my heart skip a beat
I'm going to miss these when the season ends
Lighting the Way to Paradise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorechick View Post
I put up our Christmas tree and did the lights last night and the kids and I decorated it today. I've collected many Disney themed ornaments from WDW, Disneystore, Hallmark, and other retailers over the years. Although I have loads of other ornaments that have been handed down or bought over the years I decided to do a mostly exclusive Disney tree this year. We just went to WDW in August and are still talking about our trip so it's a nice way to keep the memories going. I also purchased the Disney's Magical Fireplace DVD, we had that on in the background while we did the tree. Someday I hope I we can go to WDW for Christmas, even if it's only for a few days.
Absolutely, every year. We put a tree in our living room with Hallmark Disney ornaments and Disney ornaments we have collected from Disney World over the years. It is "full" of ornaments. We also have another non-Disney tree in our family room.

disney1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:59 PM   #15
Kennywife
Sometimes miracles take a little time

I have a tree with ornaments I've collected from all my Disney trips, as well as some other ornaments. I have the mouse king ornaments from The Nutcracker. Seems kinda fitting on a Disney tree. lol

Here it is:

Don't know why the pics show sideways, but that's it. The second is a close up of some of the ornaments from Disney.

Last edited by Kennywife; 11-26-2012 at 07:09 PM.
Kennywife is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: