Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2012, 03:06 PM   #1
Rememberingthe70s
Old School

Talking Do You Take Photos?

I'm curious with all the cell phone camera and charging talk around here lately (epic), how much us solo folks take photos when we're in the parks by ourselves. I think the touring style and reasons to be at The World or Cali or on a cruise are a bit different, so I'm curious.

Do you take many photos or videos when you're in the parks solo?

I'll start. I may take a few, but honestly there aren't a lot of things I need photos of. I think during my solo trip last year I took one photo in MK (the old "hold the phone in front of you" trick) to post on Facebook. I dunno. I guess I wanted to prove I was there. In fact, I took my camera, but left it in the room and just took the shot with my phone.
WDW Commando Club Member #119
36 Years of Vacationing at WDW
Rememberingthe70s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 02:00 PM   #2
dahirsh
DIS Veteran

I still take plenty of photos when I go alone. Another trip or two and I may be to the point that I can get away with just a photo or two each day, but not yet

April 1978 Offsite April 1979 Offsite Dec 1999/Jan 2000 All Star Movies May 2002 All Star Sports Oct 2003 All Star Movies June 2006 All Star Sports
October 2007 Pop Century January 2009 Pop Century October 2011 Pop Century October 2012 Pop Century October 2013 Pop Century
dahirsh is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-25-2012, 04:27 PM   #3
IrishPixies
Earning My Ears

Looking forward to photo ops

My trip in 2 weeks will be my first solo WDW trip but I plan on actually taking MORE photos this time around. I'm a photography enthusiast, though, and I'm looking forward to slowing down and taking more artistic shots versus family vacation shots.

I did have a few solo mornings on our last family WDW trip in 2007 and I think I took more photos during those mornings then when with the whole crew. I also took advantage of PhotoPass for those times. I was hesitant at first but then a photographer by RnRC coaxed me into it and I didn't bleed so I kept doing it. I have some great pictures from those mornings!

I've traveled other places solo and I've always taken many, many photos.
IrishPixies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:03 PM   #4
NJDiva
NJDiva Boo Boo

I take pictures every time I go. There's always something that catches my eye ...a character I don't see often, a display, my dinner....I average 300 pictures per visit . It really depends on what you need/want pictures of and for. I do a lot of scrap booking so as of now I have about1000 pictures per park. I'm doing more artsy pictures now

NJDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:42 PM   #5
AnneMcD1
Earning My Ears

I just returned yesterday from a solo trip, and I took 200 pictures! I have been to Disney many times before, but this was my first time seeing it decorated for Christmas, so I took pictures of everything! I love to take pictures!
AnneMcD1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:24 PM   #6
KingdomHeartsFan
DIS Veteran

I will be leaving for WDW in just 4 days and I plan on taking lots and lots of photos as well as hitting up pretty much every photopass person I run into. It will be my first solo trip and I plan on using the freedom to take as many photos as I want without feeling like I am delaying everyone else!

KingdomHeartsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:38 AM   #7
mouselike-harrier
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingdomHeartsFan View Post
I will be leaving for WDW in just 4 days and I plan on taking lots and lots of photos as well as hitting up pretty much every photopass person I run into. It will be my first solo trip and I plan on using the freedom to take as many photos as I want without feeling like I am delaying everyone else!
That's what I plan on doing! I'm going solo for the first time at the end of January, and I love photos with all the photopass people, although my family does not. Can't wait to get my fill of all the photos of just me having a blast!

mouselike-harrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:08 PM   #8
dani77
Mouseketeer

I would never go on vacation without my camera! I really love to capture those magic moments while touring solo. Fireworks, castle lights, rides, characters...I love making a photobook after I get home which I then can bring along and show to family and friends.
This year during my 5.day trip to WDW I had prepaid for the photopass-cd and it was so worth it. I ended up with more than 300 (!!!) pictures of me and every single character I could find in the parks. Some of the pics are so beautiful and I look at the photobook I made with the images a lot.
As far as other pictures go, I often handed my camera to someone around and kindely asked if the person could take a picture...always worked.

Pics which capture everything are (for me) part of a vacation.
WDW Offsite 1993, Disneyland California 1997+2000, WDW Coronado Springs Resort 2012, Coronado Springs Resort/Art of Animation Little Mermaid May 2013, Pop December 2013, DLP Santa Fe March 2014, WDW All Star Movies October 2014. DLP Santa Fee December 2014
dani77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:16 PM   #9
rani8600
Mouseketeer

i probably take more photos during my solo time during vacation then i do with the group. When im by myself i dont have to worry about slowing anyone down.

A Fall Trip full of firsts, MNSSHP and Food and Wine Oct 2011
13.1 Royal Miles-2013 Princess Half Marathon

VeganRamblings my blog - includes additional trip reports
rani8600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:45 PM   #10
Missytara
I'm all ears!

I am an architect, so I take a lot of building photos. I have a Sony camera with a 2 gig memory card that can take up to 1200 photos.

I did a solo trip, 8 days, no parks, all resorts, the week after T-giving and took about 400 pics.
Old 11-27-2012, 01:17 AM   #11
JessieJones
Earning My Ears

I think whatever I decide before going for a solo trip, I just cannot resist myself from taking photos. Last time when I went took 350 photos with my cousins as I like storing every moment of my life.
JessieJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:26 AM   #12
Rememberingthe70s
Old School

Ahhh! So interesting - preserving your trip, architecture, scrapbooking! I never thought of photos for scrapbooking! That makes perfect sense. I think also, I have an almost exclusively theatre background professionally, so I have that "the moment is the moment and can't be duplicated" thing drilled into me ... Which is really kind of silly when applied to WDW! LOL
WDW Commando Club Member #119
36 Years of Vacationing at WDW
Rememberingthe70s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:21 AM   #13
DakotaRose
Mouseketeer

I took about 200 photos. First, I like to look back at them and reminisce. Second, there are people in my life who won't ever get to go there, but they can armchair travel with my pix (they aren't big internet surfers).

I had a few really good PhotoPass pics, but ended up not buying any. Had several just as good by approaching people and asking nicely if they would mind taking my picture. Sometimes I noticed a family taking a shot with mom/dad at the camera and offered to take it for them. They in turn offered to take one of me.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:28 AM   #14
btk2333
BCV DVC owner

I take a ton of pictures when I'm solo, maybe even more then when I'm in a group. I seem to have more time to sit and enjoy things and it makes me want to take pictures of everything!
btk2333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:57 AM   #15
joeyrose
Mouseketeer

i don't take any pictures, haven't for about 15 years. works for me.
joeyrose is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: