Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2012, 05:54 AM   #1
Unca_Scrooge
I'm not an Uncle but I am a Scrooge.

I stole a miracle berry

I stole a miracle berry

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synsepalum_dulcificum

Took the living with the land boat trip and sat on the far left at the back of the boat. Those tempting little bushes are planted too close to the boat, and there was a mess of berries that had fallen off sitting in the sand left to rot. Now there are a few less

They really do work, I ate a lemon wedge after the berry and the sour changed to sweet. Tasted just like sweet lemonade.
Old 11-23-2012, 09:41 AM   #2
larryz
Looking for the perfect vacation

You do realize we can't encourage behavior that violates WDW's rules (in this case, keep your hands inside the boat).

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-23-2012, 09:51 AM   #3
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Stole or liberated?
Old 11-23-2012, 10:28 AM   #4
stindall
Congress Tart

While I don't condone stealing, I just have to share that we bought some of the Miracle Frooties tablets in October and had a very fun time with them! That is, until an hour later and the acid from the entire lemon I ate came back to haunt me!

I wonder what Disney uses them for as they don't have much flavor.

Oh god there's the yeti! - A September 2014 PTR.

- Sept 2008 Honeymoon @ Pop - Dec. 2009 surprise for dad (aka worst trip ever) @ Pop -
Sept. 2013 First solo trip @ Pop
- Sept. 2014 brother/sister trip @ pop! -

Old 11-23-2012, 11:00 AM   #5
KellyNY
DIS Veteran

Oh no, you didn't.

DESPERADOS, AND LOVING IT !!!

HO HO HO
Old 11-23-2012, 12:42 PM   #6
jhaig
I'd bet you'd be hungry if we were having Tony-loaf

Congratulations. Looking forward to the installation of lap bars on the LWTL cars. Thanks a lot.

2007 VWL 2009 VWL 2010 POR Riverside 2011 POR Riverside 2012 CR Concierge 2014 GF
Old 11-24-2012, 07:49 AM   #7
BuzzLiteyear
To infinity and beyond....or just drop me off at the Contemporary Resort!

Location: 978.19 miles just East of due North of CR (1161 by roads)

I find it interesting that we have not heard from the OP? Hmmm....
Old 11-24-2012, 09:36 AM   #8
andyman8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzLiteyear View Post
That's what tends to happen with these threads. OP disappears after he or she doesn't what to hear all the hate from DISers who are worried about what there kids will think when they see a person picking a berry off a tree on a ride. I've been a parent for 16 years and I have taught my kids at home that just because they see someone else do it (regardless of it being a child or adult), doesn't mean they can do it. No, I'm not a perfect parent, but I also believe that other's actions should have no influence my or my children's character.

In all honesty, though, taking a berry is such a trivial matter. I would not put it in the same category as stealing a snow globe or something.

To be frank, guys, no one wants to be called a troll (some might now have said the word, but it was sure implied). One thing I've learned is the best way to teach your kids is through example, so I try to set one even when they're not watching/reading, then again, I'm not a perfect parent so what do I know?
Walt Disney World Resort: June 2014 (GF), March 2014 (Day-Trip), January 2014 (Pop[/COLOR], AoA, & Half-Marathon), November 2013 (YC & W&D Half-Marathon), October 2013 (GF), June 2013 (Polynesian), January 2013 (POR & Half-Marathon) December 2012 (Rosen Shingle Creek), July 2012 (GF), June 2011 (CR), March 2011 (Day-Trip), July 2004 (GF), April 2004 (FW), December 2003 (DoubleTree & MVMCP), October 2003 (DoubleTree & MNSSHP), August 2003 (DoubleTree), June 2003 (WL), February 2003 (Embassy Suites) January 2003 (DoubleTree), September 2002 (AKL), July 2002 (DoubleTree), March 2002 (DoubleTree), January 2002 (CR), November 2001 (DoubleTree), May 2001 (DoubleTree), February 2001 (DoubleTree), January 2001 (DoubleTree), April 2000 (DoubleTree), February 1998 (Quality Inn & Suites)

Universal Orlando Resort: October 2012 (RPR), September 2011 (HRH), July 2010 (RPR), March 2010 (RPR), February 2010 (Day-Trip), September 2009 (HRH), January 2008 (HRH), June 2006 (PBH)

Disneyland Resort: August 2012 (Day-Trip), August 2009 (Day-Trip)

Upcoming: Disneyland July 2014 (GCH), Walt Disney World October 2013 (Dolphin & ToT 10-Miler)

Member of the PeopleMover Appreciation Society, Official MyMagic+ Info & FAQ Thread, and Printable Theme Park Maps
Old 11-24-2012, 09:47 AM   #9
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyman8 View Post
That's what tends to happen with these threads. OP disappears after he or she doesn't what to hear all the hate from DISers who are worried about what there kids will think when they see a person picking a berry off a tree on a ride. ...
The OP just wanted to rile up the crowd. I'm sure his feelings were not so hurt that he couldn't bear to come back to face more of it.

The OP appears to be more of a hit and run poster anyway based on posting history.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:23 AM   #10
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thats one of the challenges of being a parent. When you have a situation of an adult breaking rules in front of your child....
Heh, we live here and my son seems to get the same lecture every weekend when we go to Disney. "No, son you are not allowed to do that. Yes, I realise the grown ups are doing it. But that's because people are (insert a word I can't say on the Dis)."

My poor kid is gonna be so jaded. Life isn't fair, people are rude, and he understands that already.

Incidently, everytime we ride Living With the Land (one of our favorites) the poor CMs have to come on the microphone and tell people to keep their hands inside the boat. People are stupid to think no one is watching them.
Old 11-24-2012, 04:59 PM   #11
Unca_Scrooge
I'm not an Uncle but I am a Scrooge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzLiteyear View Post
Hmmmmm?

OK, I was devious and no one saw me.

The boat was practically empty and I had the last row to myself. I just leaned over as if to take a picture than I quickly plucked a berry. The berries were literally six inches away from the water. They fall off the bush, and then some person just raked all the sand around the bush without cleaning up the fallen berries putting one into easy reach. Maybe it was naughty, but it was so worth it.
Old 11-24-2012, 11:21 PM   #12
rlilly79
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhaig

Not YET anyway, but we're hoping
Really??? Disney? Magical? Happy? Fun? Children? Dreams? Fantasy? And to think, all this time I thought Disney was a place for people that enjoyed happiness... lol This board is cruel...actually hoping another human gets sick?? I much rather be in the park with a person taking a berry than a person that wishes bodily harm on another human!
Old 11-24-2012, 11:27 PM   #13
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlilly79 View Post
Really??? Disney? Magical? Happy? Fun? Children? Dreams? Fantasy? And to think, all this time I thought Disney was a place for people that enjoyed happiness... lol This board is cruel...actually hoping another human gets sick?? I much rather be in the park with a person taking a berry than a person that wishes bodily harm on another human!
Posts like the ones you are referring to are not worth getting uppity about - I just greet them with a .... they probably wouldn't say it in "real life". Some people have a reason for their 'posting style'
Old 11-24-2012, 11:36 PM   #14
rlilly79
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvthemouse71
Doesn't matter. The WDW vacation police will now commence to tell the OP what a horrible human being they are. Par for the course here.
Lol lol too funny...yes because there is not a real world out there with real problems in it...I personally think it is sad and have never said anything but I originally came to this board for help in planning our first trip to WDW and I was shocked at how rude people are on here... To me this is suppose to be an information board, but some people on here act like they are Disney gods. I have seen many complaints about this board on other sites as well...too bad people have to be so rude! Lol Would be a little different if we were talking politics...but this should be fun!! Lol oh well!
Old 11-24-2012, 11:48 PM   #15
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlilly79 View Post
Lol lol too funny...yes because there is not a real world out there with real problems in it...I personally think it is sad and have never said anything but I originally came to this board for help in planning our first trip to WDW and I was shocked at how rude people are on here... To me this is suppose to be an information board, but some people on here act like they are Disney gods. I have seen many complaints about this board on other sites as well...too bad people have to be so rude! Lol Would be a little different if we were talking politics...but this should be fun!! Lol oh well!
You get used to it Don't let the rude posters put you off, there are many great posters here full of invaluable information.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: