Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-2012, 02:13 AM   #1
Time Traveler
the best around

Port Orleans French Quarter pricing

I'm currently looking into booking a trip for early March (before spring break, it's the "regular" season) and I was thinking of booking French Quarter but it seems as if it costs considerably more than the other moderates.

I looked around a bit and eventually noticed that for some reason it isn't included in the special Florida resident deal that I'm trying to use.

Does anyone have any clue as to why it's excluded? We're probably going to stay at Coronado instead; we stayed at Riverside on our last trip.

edit: It's also excluded for the other Florida resident discount for this year as well. I guess they just don't want us there!
Time Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 03:51 AM   #2
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

I've noticed that for the last couple of years POFQ is sometimes left completely out of offered discounts or the discount will be less than the other moderates. I know last Dec I was unable to get it under the bounceback deal I was booking for my May 2012 dates. The last two times I've tried to book using AP discounts, either POFQ was not included or the discount was alot lower than the other mods (same as the value resorts actually). I was just at WDW Oct 26th-Nov 4th and was unable to get POFQ at all under the AP discount, despite calling the day they came out. POFQ is the smallest resort on property and is very, very popular, especially since it's refurb a little over a year ago. It's getting harder and harder to get a decent discount there. Disney knows they don't have to offer one to get people to stay there.

The same thing is going on with the Little Mermaid section over at Art of Animation. People are willing to book it at rack rate, so they are not offering very many, if any, discounts for those particular rooms and people are saying not to expect any discounts on those rooms for at least 2013..
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-23-2012, 09:15 AM   #3
LilyWDW
Going to My Happy Place

POFQ is a much smaller resort compared to the other mods. Discounts are used to fill rooms and increase occupancy. As such, POFQ usually doesn't have a bunch of rooms that they need to fill. So you have situations where discounts are simply not needed to fill those rooms.

I will say... I would rather stay at POFQ at full price then any other mod at a discount.

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." - Walt Disney
DIS'er OCTOBER 2014 FB Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1398705187009744/

LilyWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 12:58 PM   #4
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

This:
Quote:
Originally Posted by aubriee View Post
POFQ is the smallest resort on property and is very, very popular, especially since it's refurb a little over a year ago.
The same thing is going on with the Little Mermaid section over at Art of Animation. People are willing to book it at rack rate, so they are not offering very many, if any, discounts for those particular rooms ..
And this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyWDW View Post
POFQ is a much smaller resort compared to the other mods. Discounts are used to fill rooms and increase occupancy. As such, POFQ usually doesn't have a bunch of rooms that they need to fill. So you have situations where discounts are simply not needed to fill those rooms..
Disney is in the business of making money. They don't offer discounts when they don't need to.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:33 PM   #5
dawgsgirl
DIS Veteran

Room only discounts have dried up at POFQ. They used to be available, but went fast. Now, the only room only discount you can get is the AAA rate. However, Disney offers free dining and the play stay dine there. I was at POFQ last month on the AAA rate and the place was crawling with free dining folks. Made me
dawgsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 08:23 AM   #6
rmoore7
Grateful Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum View Post
Disney is in the business of making money. They don't offer discounts when they don't need to.
So true; it used to be that the WL had some of the best discounts of all the deluxe resorts, but it seems to be so popular now that it’s rare to get a break on the price anymore!

Last edited by rmoore7; 11-24-2012 at 09:29 AM.
rmoore7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 08:50 AM   #7
Sue M
DIS Veteran

We noticed this too. Seems the best room only rate is only a measly 5% thru Disney, or currently the Stay, Play & Dine. We booked in Jan with the SP&D offer which was same pricing as the other mods.
You can get up to 20% room only by asking for AAA rate.

We usually book POR, when we stay mod. But wanted to try FQ this year.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:12 AM   #8
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmoore7 View Post
So true; it used to be that the WL had some of the best discounts of all the deluxe resorts, but it seems to be so popular now that its rare to get a break on the price anymore!
True! Jan 2005 I was able to get a courtyard/lake view at WL for 49% off with my AP discount. $149.00/night for a courtyard view, I haven't seen those prices since. Later that same year I got POFQ for $79.00/night (40% off). Again I haven't seen that price since either.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: