Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2012, 04:52 PM   #1
DaisyD
Nothing like crunchy milk in the morning!
Guess I'll be checking my swords with the luggage
I am a closet Ragamuffin eater!

Anyone have the tree up?

So who has decorated for Christmas already inside the house? I always put up all the inside decorations and the tree the weekend before Thanksgiving. I love enjoying the holidays as long as I can and it lets me relax a bit more come December. So who else is ready?
DaisyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:57 PM   #2
kathie859
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyD View Post
So who has decorated for Christmas already inside the house? I always put up all the inside decorations and the tree the weekend before Thanksgiving. I love enjoying the holidays as long as I can and it lets me relax a bit more come December. So who else is ready?
My crazy neighbor up the street who has his tree in the window, the lights on the house, Christmas wreath on the door---all lit up!

Oh, and the pumpkins and corn stalks on the porch and by the light post

It's an eccentric look for sure
kathie859 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-19-2012, 05:01 PM   #3
RockAndRollBallerina
Mouseketeer

Will do so on December 1st, already have the lights up on my balcony railing which never came down after x-mas last year, so just have to plug them in.
RockAndRollBallerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:46 AM   #4
lynxstch
Love that Figment!
Turkey, Clay, and my favorite all time christmas song..all on the same day..it doesn't get any better!
Learned the hard way not to store meltables in the oven

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathie859 View Post
My crazy neighbor up the street who has his tree in the window, the lights on the house, Christmas wreath on the door---all lit up!

Oh, and the pumpkins and corn stalks on the porch and by the light post

It's an eccentric look for sure
yeah..we've got a nutty neighbor like that..they still have the halloween blow ups inflated, right next to a big snow globe of the Nativity, kind of tacky!!

as for me.. the decorating stars the day after Thanksgiving.. the trees are usually the last things I do..we normally put up a big one, a medium one and a small one, , but we have 3 new cats in our family now, who are only 7 months old, and they may do a lot of damage, do debating on just putting up 1 tree, lol!

I did put the outdoor lights up when we had an unusually warm November weekend 2 weeks ago, but I don't turn them on till Dec 1'st
Old 11-20-2012, 08:08 AM   #5
Piper
DIS Veteran

I have a small 4 foot tree that sits on an end table. I waxed the floor (that is a major job for me and takes several hours because I can only do a small area at a time before I am in major pain.) I moved the furniture a little. I set the tree on the table and cleared it off. I have put away other "stuff" to make ready. I bought the new candles for the Advent Wreath and made a plan for my devotions when I light each candle. I freshened up the tree that goes ourside my front door, got the garland out for the balcony, fixed a tiny 1 foot tree for my bedroom, fixed my centerpiece and ironed the tablecloth. Now all I have to do is put the decorations in place, put the backing on the quilts I am making for my daughter, sister, nephews, and a good friend--wrap them and enjoy the season of anticipation!
Piper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:18 AM   #6
Disneefun
DIS Veteran

I've started inside. I've got my tree up in my office and the other small one up at the end of the hall. The big one will go up Thursday night when DH is home to help! I've put up some of the other decor, as well. The outside stuff will go up this weekend, again, when DH is home to help. (The outside is still decorated for thanksgiving.)

It does feel early, but doing stuff the week of thanksgiving is our tradition, so up it goes.
Disneefun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:22 AM   #7
kimmar067
Kimmie Moo Boo Boo
I’m SERIOUS..milk just fell from my --- udder

.....I'm still trying to find the last of those darned missing Easter eggs....
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
kimmar067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:59 PM   #8
Mel522
DIS Veteran

I have my tree up. Last week when Disney had their friends and family sale I wanted to order a bunch or ornaments, so I got all the ones I have out to see what I did and didn't have. Anyway, I didn't want to pack them all up just to unpack them a week later, so I put up my tree.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:02 PM   #9
Halloweenqueen
Whenever Candle Lights Flicker...

Everything is up, except the real tree. A have a few fake ones up, plus all the decorations inside and out. Many people in my neighbor are already lighted so we put ours up yesterday.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:13 PM   #10
DaisyD
Nothing like crunchy milk in the morning!
Guess I'll be checking my swords with the luggage
I am a closet Ragamuffin eater!

We do our outside decorations the first weekend in December. Our neighbor put all her outside ones up last weekend and wow is it festive! LOL I mean every square inch of yard seems to be covered. I'm sure the kids love it and I'm for any and all decorations and getting into the spirit.
DaisyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:14 PM   #11
mombrontrent
DIS Veteran

Wow, it still seems so early. I usually put my tree up about 3 weeks before Christmas and take it down about 2 days after Christmas. Once Christmas is over I want it all out of site again. My inlaws always put their tree and decorations up right after Halloween and leave it up until after New Years. I think it's crazy, there is no way I would want to see all that for 2 months!
Old 11-19-2012, 05:16 PM   #12
bellebud
DIS Veteran

we'll be putting everything up this week. If we were hosting Thanksgiving, I'd probably wait until right after. I like everything up early to enjoy it all for a while.
bellebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:21 PM   #13
cornflake
DIS Veteran

They're not even selling trees here yet!
cornflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:25 PM   #14
Meriweather
Maybe we will have an arrival or two today
Time to share your chocolate!

Usually never until Dec. 1, but we leave for DLR on the 2nd, so this year everything will go up the weekend after Thanksgiving.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:27 PM   #15
Kennywife
Sometimes miracles take a little time

I have a cute tabletop tree up now. The big tree and all the decorations go up the day after turkey day!
Kennywife is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: