Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2012, 09:28 PM   #1
Chellymouse
Dis Veteran

The Bottomless Pit vs Food and Wine....a 10 day Oct TR with pics!

Hello everyone! I'm still fighting with photobucket, so bear with me! I'm chellymouse (35) and a lover of all things Mickey from the tender age of 2 (I blame my mother) and my DH (39) and what we kindly refer to as a "closet mouse lover" For those of who may remember, we "took the family to WDW and survived" in June (does anyone know how to link a TR to your siggy?) my darling DSIS, niece and nephew started calling their Aunt Chell "the bottomless pit" because, well, I like to eat and I REALLY like my snacks at WDW and since we only get 15-20 days a year at the world...what better time for the bottomless pit to take a trip than during F&W fest? We booked a 1BR at SSR (our home resort) for 10/12-10/21 as this was my "gift" from DH for having the family with us for 11 days in June. This trip was just us, which was awesome because we have been averaging company about every other trip. (we're VERY generous with our points...no we don't rent, but we do invite company frequently) After our usual craziness the day before leaving and DH and his buddies partaking in large quantities of adult beverage the night before (DH says it keeps the plane from crashing..() I should also mention that our camera had acted up on our June trip so shortly after we arrived home, we bought a "grown up" camera (Nikon D5100) and were very anxious to try it out at the World! The morning of 10/12 arrived, our friend very kindly rode with us to the airport and drove our Jeep home so we didn't have to pay the ridiculous charges to keep it at the airport, and were very lucky! Our plane took off 5 minutes early and landed 20 minutes early! Since we had been upgraded to business class, we were the first 2 people off the plane! We were seated on our DME motorcoach and actually leaving the parking lot at the time we should have been landing! That's some serious pixie dust and hopefully how our day would continue! We arrived at SSR and our room wasn't ready so we dumped our gear and headed over to the Springs stop and within a few minutes, the MK bus arrives! Thankfully, we had our PAP purchased from our June trip along with our TIW card and all of our tickets for MNSSHP so all we had to do was go! We arrived at MK and stopped for our arrival pic!
[/IMG]

We'd had an early morning with crummy food so we made a "pit" stop at Casey's, corn dog nuggets for me and 2 hot dogs with fries for DH. After we had hoovered our Casey's it was time for Dole Whips! We finished our Dole Whips on the way to POTC for our "first ride" Ahhhh, life is good! We snagged FP for BTMRR after POTC, the "pit" needed some popcorn so we stopped for popcorn then made our way over to HM. After our visit with the 999 happy haunts, we did our obligatory ride on ISAW. It was time for our BTMRR FP so we went back over and rode. After BTMRR, we saw that Splash was going to re-open so we went and got in line. Unfortunately, Splash went down again (and for the rest of the day as far as we could tell) just before we could get on and the CM began to clear the queue. At least we received FP for any other ride for the rest of the day. We decided to take a quick spin through Fantasyland then over to Tomorrowland (MNSSHP was tonight so the park was closing at 7pm) for us.....Fantasy land was in its first hours of soft open! We met Gaston, had some LeFou's brew from the tavern and oh yes...We got to ride Under the Sea!!!! Here's a few pics!
[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

We left fantasyland and took a quick spin on Dumbo (boy is the 2 sided Dumbo nice!), used our FP for Space Mtn and took a beating from DH on Buzz! By now it was nearing 6pm and we were getting hungry. We had decided not to make an ADR for tonight and just call an audible for dinner. Since Epcot was open until 10pm and it was F&W we decided to make our way over there. We hopped the monorail and arrived at Epcot. We stopped at the festival center to look around, checked out the Chase lounge (which was surprisingly pretty cool), got a free sample of peppermint bark from Ghiradelli and made our way back to WS. Holy flying elephants it was PACKED! We decided to go over to the BW and thankfully, ESPN wasn't very busy so we had drinks and dinner there. WS was still really crowded on our way back through after dinner (and we had agreed to head home by 9pm and it was nearing 9) so we made our way to the front of the park, stopped for a couple of pics then headed out to the bus stop.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

We arrived at SSR and hopped off the bus at the Grandstand, walked to the Carriage House and got our room number (1603 Congress Park) stopped by bell services, which was VERY busy, and waited for someone to grab our carry on junk and piles of groceries, put us on a golf cart and drove us home. I should mention that we are "congress park snobs" and we only live in CP. Thankfully that request has been met every trip! Because bell services was so busy, we didn't arrive to our villa until well after 10pm. We unpacked, put our groceries away, set up "command center" otherwise known as the electronics charging area, showered and made it to bed by 11:30pm. Not to bad for a "travel day". Up next... our first full day starting with a 7:30am ADR for breakfast with Stitch!
Old 11-18-2012, 09:41 PM   #2
SSRmonkey
Mouseketeer

Yay!! Can't wait to hear more!
SSRmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-19-2012, 09:14 AM   #3
dapod423
Mouseketeer

YAY!! ChellyMouse is back! I LOVE hearing about all the snacks!!
9/87- Off-site, 3/02- Off-site, 10/03-Port Orleans Riverside, 4/06- Grand Floridian, 5/10- Port Orleans French Quarter, 9/10- Saratoga Springs (1st trip as DVC Member), 10/10- DCL Wonder, 10/10- Animal Kingdom Villas Jambo House, 5/11- Pop Century, 10/11-DCL Magic/ Animal Kingdom Villas Kidani Village, 1/12- Animal Kingdom Villas Jambo House, Saratoga Springs 6/12, 10/12- DCL Dream/Villas at Wilderness Lodge, 12/12- Animal Kingdom Villas Jambo House, 4/13- Animal Kingdom Villas Kidani Village
dapod423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:22 PM   #4
Chellymouse
Dis Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSRmonkey View Post
Yay!! Can't wait to hear more!
Hello SSRMonkey! Just finished catching up on your TR. You know....I love my DH, but if you squint enough....well....he kind of looks like the Squatch that you and koala have been hunting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapod423 View Post
YAY!! ChellyMouse is back! I LOVE hearing about all the snacks!!
and thank you for joining in! The snack count is about to go viral!!
Old 11-19-2012, 09:46 PM   #5
SSRmonkey
Mouseketeer

Hmm...was he running around in the woods between SSR and THV last week? And does he like to hang out under bridges?
SSRmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:55 PM   #6
Chellymouse
Dis Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSRmonkey View Post
Hmm...was he running around in the woods between SSR and THV last week? And does he like to hang out under bridges?

Unfortunately, we were not at our second home last week...however, he has been known to hang out under bridges from time to time.....
Old 11-19-2012, 09:54 PM   #7
Chellymouse
Dis Veteran

It's Saturday and our first full day at the World. Someone.... had a bright idea that a 7:30ADR at Ohana to start the day with Stitch is a great idea! The alarm was set, however, we didn't get moving on time. We arrived up at the Carriage House at 7:20am hoping to get a cab quickly. Well...cabs were a hard thing to come by that morning. We finally got one at 7:40am. We arrived at Poly at 7:50am, thankfully the lady at check in (seeing how utterly distressed I was) took pity on us and seated us almost right away! By far, this is the Pit's favorite breakfast! All you can eat and Stitch juice, which I have just about perfected the recreation at home! (thank you DH for bringing me the ingredients home!) Here's a few of our friends that came around during breakfast!

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

After the pit was substantially fed, and our amazing server gave me a "to go" cup filled with Stitch juice, it was time to head to MK! Now, remember, who's bright idea a 7:30am ADR was....the same person who thought we'd make RD for sure to MK...wrong!! MK decided to open at 8am today. So, no RD for us! We arrived at MK right around 9am and thankfully, the park was still pretty empty. We dropped our gear in a locker and made our way over to Tomorrowland. We grabbed FP for Space and then went to Buzz. I really needed to redeem myself and wouldn't you know it...we got stopped on Buzz and I somehow found the 100,000 point target! I gave DH a royal beating earning a coveted 999,999! I knew no one would believe it and since one can score any higher than that, I dug the camera out and took a pic!

[/IMG]

After Buzz, we still had some time to kill so we took a spin on TTA. It was then time for our Space FP so we rode space then headed back to the Storybook circus. Of course we had to ride the rotten spinning, vomit comets, I mean the teacups....a full pit and the teacups are not a good combination! While I'm now sipping on a Sprite and DH is laughing his head off, we made our way over to the Storybook circus. We took a spin on Dumbo with little wait then went over to check out the new character area and gift shop.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

We cruised near the castle and Main St. The Mayor of Main St was out greeting guests and this was the first time we'd ever seen him up close!

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

We then went over and got to ride Splash today! Splash being down was a common theme over the course of this trip! We then rode BTMRR again and of course, POTC. By now it was close to lunch time so we decided to spend the rest of the day at Epcot. The pit was needing a feeding so I got a popcorn to hold me over until we arrived at Epcot.
Up next....the pit vs. F&W...Round 1!
Old 12-11-2012, 09:54 PM   #8
Chellymouse
Dis Veteran

It's Saturday and our last full day at the world. It's great to be here, but kind of a bummer because I know we have to go back to the "real world" tomorrow! So, as DH promised we got up and made it to MK in time for the opening show and RD!

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

After watching the opening show we walked quickly and carefully to our first destination! Ok, we power walked up Main St to Tomorrowland! We rode Space first, grabbed a FP for 10am, took a spin on Buzz and I tried the astro-orbiter. DH won't ride it because he doesn't like heights. I can honestly say, once was enough. I don't what it was, but I just didn't feel safe in one of the starships by myself. We then went to see how Stitch escapes...yes, I know this attraction is awful, but I love Stitch so I overlook the awfulness...and besides...the doughnut guy/gas bag cracks me up! Gotta love Disney potty humor! We stopped to play with Stitch for a few minutes, as he had escaped to Space Mtn. then used our FP for Space!

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
After Space, I promised DH one more ride on the teacups... and needed a sprite shortly thereafter. Loved those things as a kid...now...not so much! We also took another spin on Dumbo. After Dumbo we ran over and grabbed FP for PP and received a "bonus" for Philharmagic! We saw Philharmagic and grabbed some popcorn. We then went to visit the 999 Happy Haunts one more time and managed to walk on BTMRR. Unfortunately, Splash was down....again....this time there wasn't even any water in the ride. (should have taken a pic...never seen before...Splash without water!) Was bummed about missing our "last ride" on Splash, but oh well. We'll be back! After that disappointment, it was time for another popcorn on the way back to PP. After our trip over Neverland, it was time for the carousel! DH made me pinky swear that if we made RD, it was to the bus stop no later than 1pm because we still had a great deal of packing to do, plus we had to be at Epcot for our evening event and we wanted to leave to go to Epcot by 4. We made our way over to POTC for our "last ride" only to have disaster strike. Ok, not a real disaster, but just before we entered, a CM came out and told us the ride was down and they did not know when it would re-open and CLOSED THE DOOR!!! REALLY??? As promised, we got out of line, stopped for Dole Whips and ate those on the way to Casey's for our "last MK meal". We then stopped at the Confectionary to pick up my 3lb Mouse Krispy treat to take home along with my gingerbread cookies. We walked out of the MK gate at exactly 1pm and within a few minutes the SSR bus pulled up and it was time to leave MK for the last time this trip. We finished the packing (what a chore!), showered and cleaned up and headed back out to the bus stop to head to Epcot shortly after 4pm. I begged, pleaded, and heaven knows what else to convince DH to take me to PFTS!! All I can say is...it was totally worth it!!! Unfortunately, I don't have many pics from tonight because I didn't have enough room in my purse to take the camera. If how crowded WS was any indication of what Christmas week looks like, I will gladly pass. I don't think I've ever seen so many people in WS. WOW!! We had stopped at the festival center to enjoy the Chase lounge one last time and to try the Ghiradelli liquid chocolate....all I can say is...I love chocolate and that made me almost . Yuck! We had decided (since we were children of the 80's) to go ahead and take advantage of reserved seating for the Eat to the Beat. Survivor was tonight and suffice it to say....that was quite scary! During the 10 minute rendition of Eye of the Tiger a group of ladies (at least in their 50's) came running down the center of the aisle to the band and of course they were being chased by Disney security (insert pics of MallCop here) It was more entertaining than the band itself! After Survivor played their whole 5 songs, the concert was over. DH and I ducked into a few shops and since the line to see Pooh and Tigger was short, we stopped to visit them.

[/IMG]

We also stopped on the bridge for a pic....for once we actually looked nice in a park!

[/IMG]

We decided since it was so nuts, to just go over to the party center (located between UK and Canada) to get out of the crowds. We arrived and were able to go in and get into line. Words really cannot describe this experience. If you really enjoy food and adult beverage, yes this event is not cheap, but it's definitely worth it! We purchased reserved seating and I'm glad we did. We had early entry which allowed us to get plates full and collect some beverages before, as our new friends called it, the running of the bulls. We met a family in line for reserved seating just ahead and visited with them for the half hour or so before we were allowed in. What was even more interesting...they were actually seated at the table next to us!! It was very cool to have seasoned PFTS vets nearby as I think DH and I had a better experience due the wise words of our new friends! We did not get wine view and for that I'm thankful because 1) it's horribly expensive and 2) there is NO way the pit could have possibly taken advantage of all the extra offerings. We had a great seat right at the base of the stage and awesome view of the Cirque Du Solei performers. We ate and drank and ate and drank and ate and drank until the pit was full and begging for mercy. We sampled wild boar, waguy beef, duck, quail eggs, scallops, florida cobai (made by a chef that is local to Cleveland and was quite cool!), we got to meet Keegan Gearhard, and taste his desserts which was awesome, drank copious amounts of wine, beer and spirits and just generally enjoyed the experience. I would highly recommend that everyone try this once! Of course, the pit paid dearly.....major indigestion that required extra tums once we got back to SSR, but totally worth it. Can't wait for a few years when my new DNiece (due any day now) is old enough to take with my DBro and DSIL....DSIL and The PIT will leave no food or beverage untasted!! We made it back to SSR around 10:30pm and cleaned ourselves up, heavily medicated the pit and went to bed. We have always ended every trip at MK. This was the first time we have not ended a trip at MK, so it was different. It was well worth it though! Up next...I can't believe I let DH talk me into a character breakfast when we know DME is going to be at 10am for our 1pm flight home, heading home and final thoughts!

Last edited by Chellymouse; 12-11-2012 at 10:00 PM.
Chellymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:21 PM   #9
Chellymouse
Dis Veteran

So, it's time to head home.... So DH now LOVES the breakfast buffet at Cape May and he comes up with this brilliant idea that if we use cabs...we should be able to make a ressie, eat and make it back to in time for DME. The only ressie I was able to snag was 8:50am...not cool with a 10am pick up time for DME. We decided to get up early at 7am, do what we needed to do and try to get over there early and hopefully get seated early enough to make it back. We didn't have to wait long for bell services and the line for airline check in was short at the time and we able to grab a cab shortly thereafter that put us over to BCV at 8:10am. We were VERY lucky and were seated by 8:20am and the meal did not disappoint! We even had the chance to see a few friends on the way out! DH loves his duck! I took quite a bit of grief from several servers...for some crazy reason they were not Steelers fans...

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

We made it back to SSR at 9:20am, grabbed our massive amounts of junk from bell services (they did try to get us on the 9:30am DME, but it was full) and said our "see you real soons" to our beloved SSR. Next DME arrived at 9:50am and now it's time to say goodbye to our other family....yes, I do have issues. We made it MCO and wandered around a bit. We wandered into the Earport and could not believe our eyes...after all of the searching, we actually found the Pope car from Cars 2. Of course we had to buy it and after some "creative" shuffling, we secured it and then went through security. I couldn't figure out why there were SO many Steelers jerseys....turns out the gate next to ours was the plane back to Pittsburgh! Our flight was uneventful, but we did wind up taking off late so we arrived home a little late. All in all it was a great trip. A little hotter than we'd have liked, but that's ok. Much rather would have heat than cold! We again had plenty of "new" experiences including eating at Kona, the Wave and the Plaza. PFTS was awesome and hopefully we will be able to do that again sometime. We also did the eat to the beat.... and topped it off with the behind the seeds tour. A great trip and thankfully Christmas is now only 9 days away....only 9 more days to keep the secret trip a secret!! Thank Walt! I will be so happy when I can talk about it!! I was able to secure a ressie at BOG in May so I'm VERY excited about that!!! To all of you have stuck it out, thank you for reading my TR!! Special thanks goes to everyone who took a minute to say hello....the rest of you....hopefully you won't be shy next time!! May everyone have a safe and blessed holiday season!!
Old 12-27-2012, 02:04 PM   #10
Chellymouse
Dis Veteran

Just a quick update, DH was VERY suprised with his Christmas surprise trip for SWW in May. He actually was speechless for a minute! He's very excited!! Hope Santa was good to everyone!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: