Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2012, 08:01 AM   #1
Marthasor
DIS Veteran

Waldorf vs. Ritz - Christmas week

Hi everyone! We are thinking of heading down to Orlando over Christmas week and are considering either the Waldorf or the Ritz. I am leaning toward the Waldorf as it is a bit more inexpensive. It will be me, DH and DS5. The main reason for the trip is to just relax at the resort - pool, kid's club, etc.

If you could give me your thoughts on the resorts and their amenities/activities, I would appreciate it!
Marthasor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:02 PM   #2
Singinglizzie
DIS Veteran

The Waldorf is newer, if that helps you any. It would be my choice over the Ritz.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-17-2012, 10:24 PM   #3
PAGAS
Mouseketeer

Both the WA and RC are Virtuoso hotels, so that would be my main determining factor. Since the WA is newer, I would go for that, especially with the Virtuoso benefits. (I am still waiting for the on-site Four Seasons)
Coronado Springs April 2014
PAGAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:06 AM   #4
Marthasor
DIS Veteran

Thank you both for your replies! Waldorf it is!
Old 11-18-2012, 07:29 PM   #5
baler31
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAGAS View Post
Both the WA and RC are Virtuoso hotels, so that would be my main determining factor. Since the WA is newer, I would go for that, especially with the Virtuoso benefits. (I am still waiting for the on-site Four Seasons)
While they are both listed with Virtuoso the Waldorf is a Hilton property and the Ritz is with Ritz Carlton.

JMO but having stayed at both the service is better at the Ritz, although you do pay for that as it is more expensive than the Waldorf. We also enjoy the Waldorf or Hilton Bonnet Creek when we are doing Disney Parks. The Ritz is not as convenient for a Disney trip. However, we like the club floor at Ritz. I don't think you will regret either but for us the Ritz is just a higher level of service. They have always remembered our preferences from previous stays and we really enjoy the fly fishing excursions.

Last edited by baler31; 11-18-2012 at 07:40 PM.
baler31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:41 AM   #6
legaleagal
Earning My Ears

We are at the Waldorf currently and I can't say enough about our experience here. We are in a 1 bedroom suite, the accommodations and service have been top notch our entire stay. I really can't think of one negative. We also considered the Ritz but the Waldorf is newer and sooo close to the Disney parks which was another plus. Another poster mentioned the service being better at the Ritz, I just can't imagine better, the service and attention has been top notch all the way, we have really enjoyed our stay. The level and quality of the rooms is superior, excellent!

We are actually checking out today and heading over to stay onsite at Universal, but the Waldorf has been just great
legaleagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:16 AM   #7
Marthasor
DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone! Yes, I think we are going to go with the Waldorf. The price is right, plus the proximity to the parks. While we only plan to go to DHS to see the Osborne lights, we are going to do a few other activities on Disney property, so I think this is the way to go!

Thank you so much!