Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2012, 05:58 AM   #1
catherine
Hey not fair, you guys already have a bunch of tags, and poor me I haven't got one
Cheer up. You've been tagged by the tag fairie

M&M with Virgin in Aug

Has anybody ever managed to book flights with Virgin in August using Miles and Money? If so when do they normally become available. We booked our flights with BA and now they have cancelled the flight from Lon to Man. We do normally fly with Virgin but don't usually go in Aug. When I compared prices it cost approx a £1000 more to fly with Virgin. However DH is now saying that he just wants to cancel the flights with BA and book with Virgin. So I'm hoping to get a M&M flight.

TIA for any help!

"In the middle of difficulty, lies opportunity." Albert Einstein

catherine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:17 AM   #2
wayneg
VMK AceCaptainWayne
I can't get my mouth to say healthy things

DISboards Moderator

There has already been M&M fares for next August but not great prices.
For this year I helped book PE M&M for Mart (burt on here) he got 5 seats at just over £700pp. Full price was over £1200pp so quite a good saving for PE in peak dates. He didn't book til Jan/Feb, no idea if they will repeat a similar offer.
All I can suggest is searching multiple times a day until you find something, they do come up from time to time but you have to do a lot of searching or you miss them.
  • 2005(Oct) Disney Magic + BW Lakeside, 2005 (Xmas) BW Lakeside, 2006(Aug) Courtyard By Marriott LBV + 1st RCCL cruise,
  • 2006(Oct) Disneyland, Cailfornia Howard Johnson, 2006(Xmas)Comfort Inn LBV,2007(Easter)Fairfield Inn, Marriott Village
  • 2007(Aug)Courtyard By Marriott LBV, 2007(Oct) Disneyland CA, HoJo/Vegas, Flamingo,2008(Easter) Windsor Hills, Disney Wonder, Fairfield Inn
  • 2008(Aug)Country Inn, 2nd RCCL, AKL, 2008(Oct)& 2008(Xmas)Fairfield Inn, 2009(May)Country Inn 2009(Aug)OKW, Disney Magic, Regal Sun
  • 2010(Easter) Hampton Inn LBV 2010(Aug) Royal Pacific & OKW 2011(Feb)H.I. Express LBV 2011(Aug)OKW, Disney Dream, HI DTD
  • 2011(Oct) Fairfield Inn 2012(Aug) Fairfield Inn, OKW 2012(Nov) Fairfield Inn 2013(Apr) Fairfield Inn LBV 2013(Aug) Swan & ESA LBV 2013(Oct) ESA LBV
  • 2014(Jul) Hilton Garden Inn LBV 2014(Sept) Disney Magic 14nt WBTA, Wyndham Bonnet Creek
wayneg is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-16-2012, 06:32 AM   #3
london75
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneg View Post
For this year I helped book PE M&M for Mart (burt on here) he got 5 seats at just over £700pp. Full price was over £1200pp so quite a good saving for PE in peak dates. He didn't book til Jan/Feb, no idea if they will repeat a similar offer.
All I can suggest is searching multiple times a day until you find something, they do come up from time to time but you have to do a lot of searching or you miss them.
We're searching every day for August but United indirect with economy plus seats was brilliant a couple of weeks ago so I'm keeping an eye on them too. However, United at £780 for economy is laughable as well!

I'll post as soon as I spot M+M at a good price (after I've booked mine)
london75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:35 AM   #4
catherine
Hey not fair, you guys already have a bunch of tags, and poor me I haven't got one

Quote:
Originally Posted by london75 View Post
We're searching every day for August but United indirect with economy plus seats was brilliant a couple of weeks ago so I'm keeping an eye on them too. However, United at £780 for economy is laughable as well!

I'll post as soon as I spot M+M at a good price (after I've booked mine)
Thanks!

Can I just ask are you having any problems with doing M&M searches? I keep getting a cannot process request message. I phoned Virgin and they said that it's probaly because there are no M&M seats at the moment, but I've never had this message before!

Old 11-16-2012, 08:54 AM   #5
london75
DIS Veteran

Yes, not been able to do M+M for a few weeks. There will defintely be some at some point. From memory we most commonly book in Jan so I think the offers will be around then. I don't know who would ever consider 1200 for economy as it is now!
london75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:58 AM   #6
finmummy
Earning My Ears

I booked mine as soon as my flights were available in aug. I could have waited and maybe got them cheaper but was within our budget and got PE back too.
finmummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:32 AM   #7
catherine

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneg View Post
Thanks Wayne, I thought that there was a chance that I might have missed them. Can't believe that I'm having to mess around with flights again! I thought we were sorted!! Perhaps I'll just wait till after Christmas. It would be a lot easier if I didn't have to book specific dates, oh well!

Old 11-25-2012, 05:03 AM   #8
sandshal
DIS Veteran

Booked ours about eight weeks ago £729 each x 7 for 20th July - 4th August ...... One thing I noticed was the M+M fares only popped up when the regular fares dropped beneath a certain amount (not sure how much .... Maybe 800 ish) so keep an eye out for a fare drop and be ready with your card because they'll be gone in a flash. I know because I'd missed out on some by a couple of hours four days prior.

Good luck everyone .... Fares this year are astronomical .. Full price of ours fluctuates between 950 and 1200 on a daily basis.

Just one other point .... Maybe my imagination, but best fares always seemed to pop up around 11 am ish
Offsite Disneyland Paris 1998, Davy Crockett Ranch, Disneyland Paris 2000, Sheraton Vistana Villages, Florida June 2003, Newport Bay Hotel, Disneyland Paris 2004, Manors North, Westridge 2006, Vistana Villages, Gulf Coast & HRH Oct 2007, Manors North, Westridge, Portofino Bay & HRH August 2008, Ginn Reunion & RPR August 2009, RCA NYC & Tuscany villa July 2011, Tuscany Villa & PBH July 2013, July/Aug 2014 NYC, Indian Creek Villa, HRH then back to NYC,
Oct 2014 week at Indian Oasis, Indian Creek

sandshal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:09 AM   #9
catherine

Just got a M&M PE price for our flights and it's only going to cost £6232.40 for the 4 of us!!!! Don't think that I'll be bothering at that price!

Old 11-28-2012, 02:11 PM   #10
catherine

Now I've been able to get a M&M price for economy and for the 4 of us we save a whopping......£120

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: