Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2012, 03:42 PM   #1
freddythebear
Mouseketeer

st patricks day

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what goes on on st Patrick's day? I have booked a cheap sun ticket for the following day (a monday) but I'm now wondering if I should try and get one for the Sunday too, however it is much more expensive! Will it be horribly busy?

Freddy
freddythebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:55 PM   #2
jillrobinson
I will be very angry if there are any attractions or places off limits
DS got a Hi 5 from Simba
My real persona is maleficent mum

There isn't anything on the official DLP website yet but this gives you an idea
http://www.travelempire.co.uk/disney...icks_day.phtml
For me the highlight of the day will be the fireworks, they're a rare occurence at DLP outside Summer season, the park will be very busy that day though.
March 2004 Liam's 5th Birthday at Cheyenne *** October 2004 Spooky Halloween at Santa Fe *** March 2006 My big 40 & Liams 7th Birthday at Newport Bay Club *** March 2007 Jamie's 13th Birthday & VIP Press Launch for DLP's 15th Anniversary at Sequoia Lodge *** November 2007 Christmas Season at Sequoia Lodge *** March 2009 Liam's 10th Birthday at Cheyenne *** January 2010 Practically Perfect stay at Hotel New York *** October 2010 Our not so scary stay at Cheyenne ***January 2012 Jack's 5th Birthday surprise at Santa Fe***July 2013 Disney Dreaming at Cheyenne***

jillrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-16-2012, 02:14 AM   #3
freddythebear
Mouseketeer

Thanks that is really helpful. We are on quite a budget but it sounds like we might still be able to enjoy things that are going on in the village, as we will be staying on site for two nights and hoping to arrive by lunchtime on the Sunday.

Would we not still be able to see the fireworks from outside? I suppose we wouldn't see them against the beautiful backdrop of the castle.

I am still thinking of getting an extra ticket but maybe for the Tuesday, that way there will be things to do for all of the three days we are there.

Freddy
Old 11-16-2012, 02:48 AM   #4
HappyPanda
Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come shining through.

Ooooh didn't realise our trip coincided with the St. Patricks Day celebration. We arrive on the Sunday so will be there for the fireworks! Just hope the rest of our trip is too busy, we book our March trip every year as it's normally quite quiet!
February 1996 - Hotel Cheyenne ~~~ June 2001 - Newport Bay ~~~ December 2001 - Sequoia Lodge ~~~March 2002 - Newport Bay ~~~ February 2002 - New York~~~ February 2011 - Santa Fe ~~~ March 2012 - Cheyenne ~~~ June 2012 - Sequoia Lodge ~~~ March 2013 - Disneyland Hotel
HappyPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:02 AM   #5
freddythebear
Mouseketeer

Hi happy panda

Well the schools go back on the 18th so I'm hoping it will be quiet too! What has the weather been like in previous years?

Freddy
Old 11-16-2012, 07:24 AM   #6
HappyPanda
Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come shining through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddythebear View Post
Hi happy panda

Well the schools go back on the 18th so I'm hoping it will be quiet too! What has the weather been like in previous years?

Freddy
We had GORGEOUS weather last year, were out in t-shirts all day, everyday! Don't think we'll be as lucky to have that again this year.. but you never know!
February 1996 - Hotel Cheyenne ~~~ June 2001 - Newport Bay ~~~ December 2001 - Sequoia Lodge ~~~March 2002 - Newport Bay ~~~ February 2002 - New York~~~ February 2011 - Santa Fe ~~~ March 2012 - Cheyenne ~~~ June 2012 - Sequoia Lodge ~~~ March 2013 - Disneyland Hotel
HappyPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:18 PM   #7
lush
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Hi happy panda

Freddy
Hi, can I ask what schools? I didn't think the English holidays would be until the end of the month with Easter? Is it the French schools?

June 1992 - Offsite DLP November 1996 - DLP Santa Fe November 1997 - DLP Santa Fe November 1998 - DLP Hotel Cheyenne November 1999 - DLP Newport Bay November 2000 - DLP Newport Bay November 2001 - DLP Newport Bay November 2002 - DLP Newport Bay November 2003 - DLP Newport Bay November 2004 - DLP Newport Bay July 2006 - WDW Magic Kingdom & Animal Kingdom November 2008 - DLP Sequoia Lodge November 2012 - DLP Hotel New York March 2013 - DLP Hotel Cheyenne May 2015 - Walt Disney World - AKL and Windsor Hills
lush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:08 AM   #8
jillrobinson
DS got a Hi 5 from Simba

Quote:
What has the weather been like in previous years?

Freddy
We've been several times in March and had everything from snow in 2004 to dry and really warm in 2009. I usually plan for it to be dry, sunny but quite cold.
March 2004 Liam's 5th Birthday at Cheyenne *** October 2004 Spooky Halloween at Santa Fe *** March 2006 My big 40 & Liams 7th Birthday at Newport Bay Club *** March 2007 Jamie's 13th Birthday & VIP Press Launch for DLP's 15th Anniversary at Sequoia Lodge *** November 2007 Christmas Season at Sequoia Lodge *** March 2009 Liam's 10th Birthday at Cheyenne *** January 2010 Practically Perfect stay at Hotel New York *** October 2010 Our not so scary stay at Cheyenne ***January 2012 Jack's 5th Birthday surprise at Santa Fe***July 2013 Disney Dreaming at Cheyenne***

Old 11-16-2012, 03:58 AM   #9
DLPdaft
Cannot stop singing "Just like we dreeeeamed it"
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillrobinson View Post
For me the highlight of the day will be the fireworks, they're a rare occurence at DLP outside Summer season, the park will be very busy that day though.
I was at DLP for St Patricks Day and the fireworks in 2011 - and having seen Dreams, the fireworks for St Patricks Day over the castle are nowhere near as impressive as Dreams is . Its nice to see them if you have a trip booked anyway, but personally I wouldn't pay for an extra day's park ticket to see them.

Elaine
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun
DLPdaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:31 AM   #10
Isila
There is a big beautiful tomorrow

we were in DLP on St.Patricks daythis year. wouldn't bother go again. Even avoid it. Nothing much special, crowds everywhere... I admit, I was disappointed. Next year we are going after this day.
Isila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:50 AM   #11
jillrobinson
DS got a Hi 5 from Simba

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLPdaft View Post
I was at DLP for St Patricks Day and the fireworks in 2011 - and having seen Dreams, the fireworks for St Patricks Day over the castle are nowhere near as impressive as Dreams is . Its nice to see them if you have a trip booked anyway, but personally I wouldn't pay for an extra day's park ticket to see them.
Really ? oh that's a shame, our only experience of fireworks at DLP was at the 15th Anniversary press event and they were absolutley superb, in fact no display I've been to since has rivalled them in any way, kind of spoiled UK Bonfire night displays for me. lol.

It's the 1st time we've stayed for the 17th, usually fly home on the 16th sohave seen the start of things being set up but never the event itself, as it's my birthday I intend to enjoy every single minute of the day and evening

Old 11-16-2012, 08:31 AM   #12
netimka
DIS Veteran

we are arriving on th 18th, so hopefully all the crawds will be gone by then...

Isila, HappyPanda and freddythebear might see you in the magic
Old 11-16-2012, 09:38 AM   #13
freddythebear
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by netimka View Post
we are arriving on th 18th, so hopefully all the crawds will be gone by then...

Isila, HappyPanda and freddythebear might see you in the magic
Yes I have just booked the Cheyenne, very excited!

Jill you will have a fantastic day, fireworks on your birthday, imagine!

See you all there then

Freddy

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: