Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2012, 09:28 PM   #1
twinklestar22
Earning My Ears

Boardwalk - food options after 10pm

Hi all. My husband, 8 year old daughter and I will be staying at Boardwalk Villas from Feb 5 -10. Our original plan was to take a 7:30 AM flight to MCO, which would have had us at the resort by noon, latest. Now the flight we wanted closed (the day before we were going to book) and the best option we had was to take a 6:20 PM flight, which would now have us at the resort (including ME time) at 9:30-10pm. We originally planned to spend some time at a park and then go back to the resort for our ADR at FF at 6:30. Now we have to cancel and basically the entire day is gone. We plan to eat dinner at the airport before the flight but I'd like to know our options if we arrive at the resort and need a snack. Will anything be open this late at the boardwalk? I know our daughter will will either be exhausted or hyped up and unable to sleep. There is no in-between with her. Thanks!
twinklestar22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:06 PM   #2
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Depends on the kind of snack! A few ideas: ESPN and Big River Brewing should be open for sit-down appetizer-type snacks. For quick packaged snacks, Screen Door General Store is usually open until 11pm. For counter service, the Boardwalk Pizza Window should be open (and maybe Boardwalk-to-Go, but I'm not sure those hours are consistent.) For treats, Seashore Sweets should be open until 11pm.

And if you're interested in a short walk, BC Marketplace is open until 11pm for both packaged snacks and counter service (great kids' meals - we've picked up a kid's meal there when our youngest fell asleep during dinner.) Beaches and Cream at BC has both table service seating and a to-go window - they are usually open until 11pm. Picabu at the Dolphin is open 24 hours and has a great selection - but that may not be the most festive way to start a trip.
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL/GF/???)
April 2015: Easter Weekend at VWL!
pixarmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-15-2012, 08:37 PM   #3
twinklestar22
Earning My Ears

Great! that's good news. I'm glad to kmow that we have options
twinklestar22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:55 PM   #4
hmillerbarilla
DIS Veteran

Don't forget about the Swan and Dolphin. Kimono's is excellent, but maybe not as kid friendly late at night. Picabu at the Dolphin is perfect to get a decent meal. It is open 24 hours.
82, 86, 91-Poly, 94-CBR, 95-CBR, 97-CBR, 98-CR/CBR, 99-CBR, 02-POFQ, 04-CBR, 05-CBR, 06-ASMu, 06-CBR, 07-CBR, 08-BWV, 09-Poly/GF, 09-POP/OKW,10-POR/WL/BLT,10-SSR/CR/BLT,10-OKW,10-YC/BCV, 11-BWV/OKW/BCV, 12-POR/BLT, 12-SSR, 12-AKV/BLT,12-SSR, 13-BWV, 13-AKV, 13-CBR, 13-CSR, 14-AKV/SSR, 14-CBR/POFQ, 14-ASsp, 14-AOA/BCV/OKW,
14-CBR
hmillerbarilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:36 AM   #5
disnut8
DIS Veteran

The Boardwalk pizza window is open until midnight.

Also - it's more money but the Boardwalk does do late night room service. Limited menu but it's something.

You could always pack some snacks in your carry ons "just in case". Peanut butter and cheese crackers or something like that. Or, grab something at the airport.
disnut8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: