Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2012, 01:34 PM   #1
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

How long do the parks and resorts keep Christmas holiday decorations up in January?

I am sailing on the Disney Dream out of Port Canaveral Dec 29-Jan 2 and would like to stay at the Wilderness Lodge (or other resort if that's not available...using DVC points) starting Jan 2nd for a few days. At Disneyland holiday decorations stay up through the first week of January typically and are usually gone by the first weekend. Will I see any decorations during that week after New Year's Day at WDW at the parks and resorts?
Old 11-13-2012, 02:36 PM   #2
Jenna319
DIS Veteran

Popular response will be that it changes from year to year. We will be going the same week and I've read in other threads that, with the exception of the gingerbread house at GF which has been known to come down as soon as 1/2, many decorations will remain the week of new years until Sunday 1/6, as many kids don't go back to school until 1/7.
Jenna319 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-13-2012, 02:38 PM   #3
Missytara
I'm all ears!

One year, they did stay up a bit longer, because of a cold snap. But most of the time, they come down pretty quickly. It is not unusual to go to bed one night at a resort and the next day you walk out to the lobby and the decorations are down.

The elves prefer to work at night!
Old 11-13-2012, 04:20 PM   #4
StormalongKay
Mouseketeer

I stayed at AKL over MLK weekend seven years ago, and when we arrived, the Christmas tree was still up in the lobby. The very next morning, all the decorations were down!
StormalongKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:26 PM   #5
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormalongKay
I stayed at AKL over MLK weekend seven years ago, and when we arrived, the Christmas tree was still up in the lobby. The very next morning, all the decorations were down!
Wow!

Sounds like I have a good chance of seeing them at least on Jan 2nd when we arrive. That's good enough for me!

Thanks!
Old 11-13-2012, 05:59 PM   #6
tennessee
Mouseketeer

we were there last year and the castle and the works were still up on the 4th of jan. I was told by a local that they stay up for the opening and a few days of the marathon, I would look that up and see when its starts in Jan
tennessee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:14 PM   #7
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennessee View Post
we were there last year and the castle and the works were still up on the 4th of jan. I was told by a local that they stay up for the opening and a few days of the marathon, I would look that up and see when its starts in Jan
Thank you! I just checked. The marathon weekend is Jan 10-13, 2013. So the decorations are likely to be up at least some places through the first week in Jan 2014. Woot!!!
Old 11-13-2012, 06:26 PM   #8
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

According to this thread, you should be in pretty good shape to see some decorations when you arrive!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....holiday+events
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

i_heart_the_mouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: