Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2012, 07:39 AM   #1
ttfn3
Wish I were on Sanibel Island!!

BWV Studio Cash Reservation - online checkin?

I am checking into a BWV standard view studio (cash reservation) on November 25 for a 6 night stay (woot! woot!). It will be my first stay at the BWV when I have the option of using online checkin. I have noted my room requests on my reservation thru CRO (top floor, village green). Should I also use online checkin? I will be checking in at the resort before noon on Sunday. Anyone have any experience with online checkin for a standard view studio at BWV? Should I just wait and check in when I get to the resort - if I want a better chance for my room requests to be met? I really looking the best view I can get with a top floor room. I do not want to be stuck in a room right by the front entrance! Relatively quiet is also important to me (I need my sleep!).

Thanks so much for your help!! I am really looking forward to my first solo trip
ttfn3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:09 AM   #2
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Online check-in has no bearing on whether your requests are honored.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-13-2012, 08:16 AM   #3
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttfn3 View Post
I am checking into a BWV standard view studio (cash reservation) on November 25 for a 6 night stay (woot! woot!). It will be my first stay at the BWV when I have the option of using online checkin. I have noted my room requests on my reservation thru CRO (top floor, village green). Should I also use online checkin? I will be checking in at the resort before noon on Sunday. Anyone have any experience with online checkin for a standard view studio at BWV? Should I just wait and check in when I get to the resort - if I want a better chance for my room requests to be met? I really looking the best view I can get with a top floor room. I do not want to be stuck in a room right by the front entrance! Relatively quiet is also important to me (I need my sleep!).

Thanks so much for your help!! I am really looking forward to my first solo trip
I am going to assume you mean the 'standard' preferred view that those paying cash get??? There are three room views at BWV...standard, preferred/garden/pool, and boardwalk. Those booking through CRO get the middle grouping....preferred. This would allow you to request the Village Green view...which is pretty terrific. I love it there.

I'm not sure I would bother with online checkin. With most people doing it now, the line can get longish!!! And if you do use online checkin, there is no way to narrow down the requests you make. You can request close to the elevator or close to bus stop..but that's about it when using online checkin.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:54 AM   #4
ttfn3
Wish I were on Sanibel Island!!

Thanks! I'll go with top floor, village green - and hope for the best when I check in when I get to the resort (CRO already has my requests noted). I have never had this view in prior stays. In the past when we have stayed at the BWV, we have rented points and had the standard view. Always requested top floor, down the hall/view of the fireworks. When I made a cash reservation online with Disney, I wasn't aware that the standard view was different than the owners standard view. So - giving it a try this time for a different request.

If I get lucky, and get a village green view, can I be able to see any of the boardwalk/water?
ttfn3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:11 AM   #5
cvjw
DIS Veteran

After multiple stays at BWV, we finally were assigned a village green studio in October. Yes, you can see the boardwalk and the water. Your studio will be above the store that sells the animal artwork. We really enjoyed the village green studio - we were on the 5th floor, right down from the elevator. We did online check-in, after requesting the view thru DVC member services. We had requested that view multiple times, but finally received it this past trip.
cvjw is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: