Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2012, 06:54 PM   #1
gapoochi
Mouseketeer

Coronado Springs or Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista?

If this is in the wrong place, I'm sorry! I wasn't sure where it should go.

Ok...so the questions....given the option and only a couple hundred difference in price ($240 actually once adding in cost of airport transportation for Hilton with CSR being higher), which resort would you choose? I haven't been to either nor have I been to Disney World so it's so hard trying to envision what it will all be like and what would make the difference.

We are a family of 4 adults and 2 kids (4 and 7) and plan on spending the entire trip in the parks mostly. I want convenience, comfort and fun for the kids. Both places' rooms like great, not sure what else to base this on.

Any of you have great or terrible experiences in one or the other? Can you help me with the differences? I don't know as much about the differences of being on property vs off other than the airport transportation and emh. We probably won't do dining plan so that's not a consideration.

Thank you all so much!

Last edited by gapoochi; 11-05-2012 at 07:02 PM.
gapoochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:09 PM   #2
disconcierge
Earning My Ears

Is there a particular reason you are trying to decide between these two resorts?

I personally recommend always staying on property. The level of guest service along with the wealth of Disney knowledge makes a Disney Resort stay worth the extra expense. Not to mention complementary transportation to and from the airport and attractions as added benefits.
-Walt Disney
disconcierge is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-05-2012, 07:22 PM   #3
gapoochi
Mouseketeer

well...in my search for an affordable but still nice place for my group, I ended up being offered a flex price for Coronado when calling in to ask questions (I had only been looking at value resorts before that) and I was looking at the Hilton because they get the emh as well. I don't know how useful they will be but my kids are up at 6am kids normally, figured we might be able to take advantage of them.
I'm just not sure of anything, still trying to wrap my head around the whole size and scale of it all (we've only been to DL previously and stayed walking distance away...things seem more complicated here lol Looking forward to the experience but I think I'm driving myself a little nuts in the preparing part)

Last edited by gapoochi; 11-05-2012 at 07:29 PM.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:29 PM   #4
disconcierge
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by gapoochi View Post
well...in my search for an affordable but still nice place for my group, I ended up being offered a flex price for Coronado when calling in to ask questions (I had only been looking at value resorts before that) and I was looking at the Hilton because they get the emh as well. I don't know how useful they will be but my kids are up at 6am kids normally, figured we might be able to take advantage of them.
I'm just not sure of anything, still trying to wrap my head around the whole size and scale of it all (we've only been to DL previously and stayed walking distance away...things seem more complicated here lol Looking forward to the experience but I think I'm driving myself a little nuts in the preparing part)

Coronado is a very nice resort, just be aware that the resort itself is more oriented to conventions and large groups. While the guest service here will be exceptional, you may have fewer "magical" moments at this resort compared to another Disney Resort. It really just depends on what conventions are scheduled during your vacations.

How large is your group? Have you considered any other Disney Resorts that are also included in the "moderate" category? Those resorts would include Port Orleans Riverside and Port Orleans French Quarter as well as Caribbean Beach. These resorts are more family vacation oriented.

I know it can be overwhelming because there are so many options. But I can almost guarantee that you vacation will go a whole lot smoother if you choose a Disney Resort option.

The key to stress free is to stay with Disney
-Walt Disney
Old 11-05-2012, 07:44 PM   #5
gapoochi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disconcierge View Post
Coronado is a very nice resort, just be aware that the resort itself is more oriented to conventions and large groups. While the guest service here will be exceptional, you may have fewer "magical" moments at this resort compared to another Disney Resort. It really just depends on what conventions are scheduled during your vacations.

How large is your group? Have you considered any other Disney Resorts that are also included in the "moderate" category? Those resorts would include Port Orleans Riverside and Port Orleans French Quarter as well as Caribbean Beach. These resorts are more family vacation oriented.

I know it can be overwhelming because there are so many options. But I can almost guarantee that you vacation will go a whole lot smoother if you choose a Disney Resort option.

The key to stress free is to stay with Disney
I've priced the other ones out and none of them come close to the price we got for this. We have 2 adults and 2 kids for 9 days and another 2 adults for 5 of those days. So we looked at doing separate rooms but having the join.

DEF agree about trying to be stress free...that's why I'm leaning a lot toward Coronado over Hilton. Just trying to justify the extra...both are above what I already wanted to spend but we're just going to do it and splurge a bit.

What do you mean less magical moments? Is it not as themed? what do some of the other resorts have/offer that this doesn't? LOL I don't want to miss anything but can't spend any more.

thanks so much!
Old 11-05-2012, 07:52 PM   #6
disconcierge
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by gapoochi View Post
I've priced the other ones out and none of them come close to the price we got for this. We have 2 adults and 2 kids for 9 days and another 2 adults for 5 of those days. So we looked at doing separate rooms but having the join.

DEF agree about trying to be stress free...that's why I'm leaning a lot toward Coronado over Hilton. Just trying to justify the extra...both are above what I already wanted to spend but we're just going to do it and splurge a bit.

What do you mean less magical moments? Is it not as themed? what do some of the other resorts have/offer that this doesn't? LOL I don't want to miss anything but can't spend any more.

thanks so much!
I shouldn't say "less magical".....

Coronado is a great resort, and the theming is beautiful! It can just be a little bit of a risk depending on what conventions or groups are currently at the resort.

Seeing business suits and convention groups just takes a little bit of that "magic" feel away from the resort. A tiny detail which shouldn't impact your decision, especially considering all off property locations are bound to have the same issues.

I'm sure your vacation will be full of magical memories regardless of where you choose to stay!
-Walt Disney
Old 11-06-2012, 01:38 PM   #7
FantasiaMagic
DIS Veteran

I agree with PPs... I recommend staying on property. Having those special Disney amenities that you can't get at any other resort are just great.

Disney transporatation is very helpful - esp if you don't have a car. It takes you to all the parks the wps and DTD.

Disney resorts also have really nice pools - CS I hear has the best slide out of the mods on property!!

Staying on property just keeps you in magic. The resorts are also themed accordingly and are very pretty.

Have a great time in the world when you go!

-FantasiaMagic

AKV Kidani August 2012 TR: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2975354
FantasiaMagic is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: