Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2012, 03:21 PM   #1
Tara D
Mouseketeer

3 adults and four kids... Where would you stay?

I'm pulling some quotes up for a client with four kids and a high school age foreign exchange student. Help me with ideas please as I've never stayed in a villa or suite!

Two parents, sixteen year old exchange student, kids are nine, six, three and one. They would like several bedrooms if possible.
2008- Pop Century
2011- Caribbean Beach Resort (Pirate Room!!)
2012- Agent trip
2013- Port Orleans French Quarter
2014- Coronado Springs

Planning our Feb 2015 trip at Caribbean Beach

I am a Disney travel agent
Tara D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 03:23 PM   #2
Tara D
Mouseketeer

I've pulled quotes for SSR and OKW villas. Also suite at AOA. I've also thought of connecting rooms at a mod or deluxe but she said they preferred the feel of a condo over a regular hotel room. Thanks!
2008- Pop Century
2012- Agent trip
2014- Coronado Springs

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-04-2012, 03:36 PM   #3
plutolovr
DIS Veteran

Have you looked into a Treehouse Villa or a Cabin at Ft. Wilderness?
Old 11-04-2012, 03:51 PM   #4
Tara D
Mouseketeer

The cabins were my first thought but I'm afraid they would feel like it was too rustic. Looking into treehouse, thanks!
2008- Pop Century
2012- Agent trip
2014- Coronado Springs

Old 11-04-2012, 05:53 PM   #5
Marthasor
DIS Veteran

Your group could fit into any 2-bedroom villa - I would recommend the villas at WL, BC, BWI, BLT (for location, theming and amenities) or AKL (for theming and amenities) over SSR or OKW any day! They would also fit into a Deluxe Room at WL or BWI or a Junior Suite at Coronado Springs.
Marthasor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:06 PM   #6
Singinglizzie
DIS Veteran

If they are looking for more of a condo feel, then I would recommend a 2 bedroom at Bay Lake Towers. They will have access to the monorail, and well, you can't beat monorail access. The Treehouse is also a great suggestion. If however, they prefer to rent a car, and want to save a little $ (very littel) then I would recommend a 2 bedroom at Animal Kingdom Lodge, where they would get 3 bathrooms.
Old 11-04-2012, 07:47 PM   #7
butsy113
AKV Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singinglizzie View Post
If they are looking for more of a condo feel, then I would recommend a 2 bedroom at Bay Lake Towers. They will have access to the monorail, and well, you can't beat monorail access. The Treehouse is also a great suggestion. If however, they prefer to rent a car, and want to save a little $ (very littel) then I would recommend a 2 bedroom at Animal Kingdom Lodge, where they would get 3 bathrooms.
I always hear people saying to rent a car if they are staying at AKV. We must be really lucky people, as we have never had an issue with buses there The pool at Kidani would be excellent for children that age, plus the animal viewing areas would be fantastic. The resort is a little further out, but depending on the family, some like the peace and quiet at AKV. My children are in that age group and they absolutely love it. So much so we bought DVC at AKV!
Old 11-04-2012, 06:10 PM   #8
MulanMom
DIS Veteran

With the DVC 2 bedroom units, assuming that the parents will be in the master bedroom, exchange student on sleeper sofa, and four kids in the 2 beds in the second bedroom, I'd suggest trying to get what's called a dedicated 2bdr unit. A lot of the DVC 2 bedrooms are a combination of a 1bdr lockoff and a studio, so there are two doors to enter from the outside. With the dedicated two bedroom, there is only one entry door to the villa, the one leading into the main living area. As a parent, I always liked that additional level of safety.
MulanMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:16 PM   #9
amym2
DIS Veteran

We stayed at the Treehouse Villas last month and while we loved it, I definitely would not recommend them if they plan to use Disney transportation. They'd have to take a bus from the THV to SSR then switch to park buses. We had a car and didn't visit Disney parks other than Typhoon Lagoon. If they have a car that would be fine.

I'm assuming you're only looking onsite? A condo offsite would be ideal in terms of space and a whole lot cheaper. But a 2 bdrm villa would work. We also stayed at OKW and loved it. The 2 bdrm would give them lots of space since OKW rooms are the most spacious of all DVC. While you do have to use buses to get to the parks, OKW is conveniently located and we loved the pool and Olivia's restaurant. We'd stay there again in a heartbeat.
amym2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:48 PM   #10
VAfamily1998
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthasor View Post
Your group could fit into any 2-bedroom villa - I would recommend the villas at WL, BC, BWI, BLT (for location, theming and amenities) or AKL (for theming and amenities) over SSR or OKW any day! They would also fit into a Deluxe Room at WL or BWI or a Junior Suite at Coronado Springs.
Would those options require that the exchange student share a bed with one of the other kids? Most exchange student agencies have a policy that the student MUST have their own bed.
VAfamily1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:58 PM   #11
DisneyCrazy123
Mouseketeer

Go over the DVC forum of these boards and look for a rental directly from a DVC owner or one of the companies with ads on the board. I personally have stayed in the 3 bedroom villas at Old Key West with 3 families and we had a blast. Perhaps the 3 bedroom villa would give you more room and more bathrooms.
DisneyCrazy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:49 PM   #12
BLTtinkerbell
DIS Veteran

A 2 bedroom at BLT will give them 3 bathrooms.

BLTtinkerbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:31 AM   #13
Tara D
Mouseketeer

Thank you all for your replies. She is looking over the quotes I give her but I think we are leaning away from SSR because they will be there during the holidays and with an already crazy time I don't want to add transportation drama.
2008- Pop Century
2012- Agent trip
2014- Coronado Springs

Old 11-06-2012, 01:50 PM   #14
FantasiaMagic
DIS Veteran

I think a Villa is the way to go. A 2br villa would be great for the size of your family. I don't think you could go wrong with any of the villas. It really just depends on what you like as of theming and location. I think resorts that are in the park areas are the way to go.

such as -

BWI - EPCOT/HS
BC - EPOT/HS
WL - MK
BLT - MK/EPCOT (going to TTC)

As for the other villas -

AKL - does not go to any resorts but has the great perk of the animals which was an amazing experience.

SSR/OKW - I have stayed at each twice and love them both. They have calming themes and also have a boat that goes to DTD - which is great!

Have fun deciding and do some research on what you think you might like!

-FantasiaMagic

AKV Kidani August 2012 TR: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2975354
FantasiaMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:12 PM   #15
rwdavis2
DIS Veteran

Depends on what you want to spend. If you can stay off site then I would recomment All Star Vacation Homes. Many of them are 10 minutes from WDW entrance and you get a lot of space for the price.
Wilderness Lodge 2004
All Star Vacation Homes 2008
Wilderness Lodge & Animal Kingdom Lodge 2012(November)
All Star Movies January 2013
Paradise Pier September 2013

Pittsburgh Dad says, "Whaddya mean you don't like sauerkraut? You want bad luck all year? Everything good that's ever happened to me started with sauerkraut! "
rwdavis2 is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: