Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2012, 02:45 PM   #1
Tinkerbell1989
DIS Veteran

Finally got my own way - TR - 8.10.12

Introduction

Just incase you didn't catch my pre-trip report, I'll do a quick introduction.

The cast

Steffi and Tom - This is us at a friend’s wedding the week before we flew. We've been together nearly 5 years, and my love of Disney has rubbed off onto Tom a little bit. I'm obsessed! He isn't but he loves flying, backstage secrets and new technologies, so Disney is a fab place for us both!

If you want any more information, the PTR can be found http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2873264.

Monday 8th October

Tom and I had spent the weekend at his parents in Oxford, and so we left there just before 6am. Traffic was on our side and we got to Gatwick at about 7.30! We walked straight through bag drop (as we checked in online Sunday afternoon) and straight through security - the new layout in Gatwick is awesome! We were in duty-free by 7.45! I bought a couple of things in duty-free and before long we were getting a bit hungry, so we wandered to Frankie and Benny’s for breakfast.

Tom had the ‘New English Breakfast’ and I had the ‘All Round Bagel’. It suitably filled us up. Whilst in F&B’s, we had a look at our boarding passes, before Tom noticed our seat numbers had changed. This meant one of two things – we had a refurbished plane, or we had an upgrade. Obviously one was more likely than the other. We were eventually called to gate 13 to find this beauty out the window...

My plane-savvy boyfriend was able to confirm, we had a refurbished plane! Up until we had our boarding cards, we were meant to be on an old-style plane, so Tom was super excited! We were called after PE, and went upstairs! That’s right; we were sat in the BUBBLE!! And not even just in the bubble – right at the front, just behind PE!

We also got to experience the new touch screen entertainment system, extra leg room and special attention (simply because we were so close to PE!). The choice of films was incredible; I almost wished the flight was longer so I could watch more! I started off watching ‘The 5-Year Engagement’ with Virgin’s special cocktail

Lunch was really nice too – I had chicken in a cheese and leek sauce and diced potatoes, followed by a Gu mango and passion fruit cheesecake. I also watched ‘The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel’ and ‘Madagascar 3’, as well as catching a couple of TV programmes, and playing a few games!

We landed about 10 minutes early, but stood in line at Immigration for 40 minutes . Just before we went away, Tesco had a deal on suitcases and Tom decided to replace his. Big mistake! So had everyone else on that flight!! And we were silly enough to not put any luggage tags and straps on to distinguish ours from the rest! Eventually, we found it (mine is a purple and pink spotty bag, and is so easy to find!), and made our way to the Sixt shuttle car.

We were driven the short 5 minute drive to the Sixt garage, and were given a red Nissan Versa!! Tom was a bit wary of driving to begin with, but picked it up very quickly!
Soon, we had arrived home for the next 12 nights... Coronado Springs!
Ready for hundreds of pictures of the room and resort... Good!

The resort is so beautiful and really romantic. Especially at night with the lake and the string hammocks and the palm trees and the fairy lights!

We popped down to Rix Cafe to get our refillable mugs, and tried to stay awake ... however, the massive bed looked so cosy, we lay down on it to watch TV, only to find ourselves watching 'Duffy's Bedtime Stories' and falling asleep! Oops!

Next - Magic Kingdom!

2013's Big Celebration Christmas Trip 'Finally got my own way!'...October 2012 TR Playing 'I Spy' in Disney... December 2010 TR Our Youtube Channel

DLRP August 2004 DLRP June 2008

WDW October 2000 WDW April 2003 WDW December 2006 WDW December 2010 WDW CSR October 2012 WDW December 2013
Tinkerbell1989 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:16 PM   #2
Gazzzwilliams
Earning My Ears

Oh wow the hotel looks lovely! Me and my partner are thinking of disney next yer and can't quite decide between port orleans riverside or colarado springs.
The plane ride looked like it was a lovely chilled out experience. Tv and cocktails! lush!
Excited to see more of your report!!
Gazzzwilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-02-2012, 06:26 PM   #3
tinks_1989
need a like button

Glad you started Hun great first day x
tinks_1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 05:02 AM   #4
Tinkerbell1989
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazzzwilliams
Oh wow the hotel looks lovely! Me and my partner are thinking of disney next yer and can't quite decide between port orleans riverside or colarado springs.
The plane ride looked like it was a lovely chilled out experience. Tv and cocktails! lush!
Excited to see more of your report!!
Tom and I had the same decision to make... CSR doesn't always impress everyone but we took a risk, and it definately paid off! However, if we ever stay onsite again, I think we would try somewhere else - nothing to do with CSR, but I want to experience other resorts and what they have to offer!
The plane journey aas very relaxing and chilled out! I almost didn't want to get off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinks_1989
Glad you started Hun great first day x
Thankyou my love, I know you don't like journey days! Next day soon!

Xxx

2013's Big Celebration Christmas Trip 'Finally got my own way!'...October 2012 TR Playing 'I Spy' in Disney... December 2010 TR Our Youtube Channel

WDW October 2000 WDW April 2003 WDW December 2006 WDW December 2010 WDW CSR October 2012 WDW December 2013
Old 11-03-2012, 06:31 AM   #5
bee86
DIS Veteran

Dying to hear all about CSR......Have heard so many okayish reports staying there next June and quite nervous! I do like the fairy lights though

Loving the report so far cant wait to hear more!

2008 CBR and Doubletree Castle international drive
June 2013 CS 10 nights
bee86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:30 PM   #6
tinks_1989
need a like button

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell1989 View Post
!

Thankyou my love, I know you don't like journey days! Next day soon!

Xxx
Ha ha! Yours wasn't too bad though plenty of Disney still in it!
Old 11-03-2012, 06:59 AM   #7
Tinkerbell1989
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee86
Dying to hear all about CSR......Have heard so many okayish reports staying there next June and quite nervous! I do like the fairy lights though

Loving the report so far cant wait to hear more!
Aww thankyou! We were the same but the convention centre didn't cause us any problems. We were in Ranchos which was almost on the opposite side to El Centro but it onky took us about 15 minutes to take a slow walk over and only 5-10minutes stroll to the main pool. And we didn't use the buses often but when we did, we never waited longer than 10 minutes!

It's a beautiful resort... not cheesy or in-your-face, and for a couple looking for a "first-time" resort, it was perfect

Xx

Old 11-03-2012, 12:54 PM   #8
newlittleminnie
DIS Veteran

Woohoo you finally started your TR I've been itching to read it! Haha

I'm so excited to start planning my own trip I can't wait to read about yours

Seems like you had a great travelling day and lucky you getting such a great location on a new plane

Looking forward to the rest xx

August 2012: Highlands Reserve ~ August 2013: High Grove ~
October 2013: DLRP Hotel Cheyenne
~ October 2014: WDW Art of Animation?

newlittleminnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:53 PM   #9
Tinkerbell1989
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinks_1989

Ha ha! Yours wasn't too bad though plenty of Disney still in it!
Well if it gets your approval... ;-) hehe xx

Quote:
Originally Posted by newlittleminnie
Woohoo you finally started your TR I've been itching to read it! Haha

I'm so excited to start planning my own trip I can't wait to read about yours

Seems like you had a great travelling day and lucky you getting such a great location on a new plane

Looking forward to the rest xx
I have started! I just couldn't wait any longer haha!

We were so lucky with our journey out, it was the first lot of pixie dust! Xx

Old 11-03-2012, 04:56 PM   #10
Tinkerbell1989
DIS Veteran

I just want to remind everyone that we will be doing some videos for this trip, but we just haven't had time to start even watching them, let alone editing them! And Tom has also volunteered to edit my friends wedding video footage... so who knows when we'll start the holiday videos?! I'll post a new link on here when we do, or on my Facebook (if you follow me there) and my Youtube channel is linked in my signature!!

Xx

Old 11-03-2012, 05:08 PM   #11
newlittleminnie
DIS Veteran

If you get them started before new year you're doing better than me, I've been back over two month and still haven't started editing mine lol

Doesn't help that one of my discs has messed up n my laptop won't recognise that there's footage on it

August 2012: Highlands Reserve ~ August 2013: High Grove ~
October 2013: DLRP Hotel Cheyenne
~ October 2014: WDW Art of Animation?

newlittleminnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 05:15 PM   #12
izzie-wizzie
DIS Veteran

Great start - Coronado Springs looks lovely

Can't wait to read more!

Walt Disney World - September 2011 (Engagement Trip). October 2009 (21st Birthday Trip).
Disneyland Report Paris - 1995, Santa Fe / 2007, Explorers Hotel / 2010, Cheyenne / 2012, Newport Bay Hotel
Disneyland Resort California - April 2013
izzie-wizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:18 PM   #13
princess_ariel_85
DIS Veteran

Lovely start Coronado Springs looks & sounds nice x
Old 11-06-2012, 02:29 PM   #14
Tinkerbell1989
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzie-wizzie
Great start - Coronado Springs looks lovely

Can't wait to read more!
Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_ariel_85
Lovely start Coronado Springs looks & sounds nice x
Coronado Springs was so lovely and romantic :-) just what we wanted from a resort! Xx

Old 11-06-2012, 02:33 PM   #15
tinks_1989
need a like button

I can never find your videos on YouTube on our tv or iPad fine on the computer though x

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: