Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2012, 06:13 PM   #1
cottontail
DIS Veteran

Port Orleans Riverside loved the rehab

Hi:

Back from Riverside and loved the new rehab in the mansion rooms. We always love this resort. Have stayed there around 6 times, love the new size of the queen bed but thought they were not quite as comfortable as the doubles we had in the past.
Not sure if they went to a firmer mattress. Any one else who has stayed there when they had the double beds think the mattresses were alot harder then the ones in the past.

That said I would still stay there anytime at walt disney world.

Deb.
cottontail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:47 PM   #2
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Glad you had a great visit. We had a new room when Acadian House was just finished, I think we must have been one of the first to be in the room!
I thought the matress was very comfy, didn't notice it was any harder then the doubles.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-31-2012, 07:53 PM   #3
kris4360
DIS Veteran

We will be staying there in 15 days! Can't wait to see the new rooms. We will be in the bayou.
kris4360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:38 PM   #4
gmomof15
old timer with new name

Talking

Stayed at POR this last May and then again in Sept. and while the new reno looks nice it's a little impractical. The new sink/vanity area is great and the overall deco is good but there is very little storage. 3 small drawers down at the floor level under the bench. It's ridiculous. There's a small shelf on the side of the fridge but we had to use that for our food/snacks.

We "made do" and there were only 2 of us but I can't imagine where a family of 4 or 5 would keep their things. They also no longer have a grab bar in the shower/tub. While we didn't have any children with us I wouldn't want a small child to sleep in the murphy bed, it's too high off the floor should they roll off it and the TV on the wall gave me a sore neck having to "look up" so high to watch it.

I also thought the beds were more uncomfortable than the old doubles they had. Overall even though it looks nice I don't feel they put much thought into the design.

TIP: After being there in May and seeing how bad the storage was when we went back in September I took one of the "sweater storage type" bag that hangs on a closet bar. It laid flat about 2 inches thick in my suitcase and when closed and when hung up on the closet bar it had 5 shelves that gave us some more storage.

POR has always been our favorite resort but I can't wait for the next redo and maybe they'll get it right.

POR or CR every year

2012 Note - GMOMof 18 now
gmomof15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:23 AM   #5
The Rolands
Earning My Ears

We arrive at POR in 10 days! YEAY! I thought I had read on disboards that some of the refurb. rooms have KING sized beds. But when we called to make our room request they said they only had queen sized beds. Is that correct? Thanks!
The Rolands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:12 AM   #6
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rolands View Post
We arrive at POR in 10 days! YEAY! I thought I had read on disboards that some of the refurb. rooms have KING sized beds. But when we called to make our room request they said they only had queen sized beds. Is that correct? Thanks!
If you are booked in a Royal Room, they are only queens.

All other buildings have kings, but they are a booking category. Some of them are also the handicapped accessible rooms, so depending on how busy the resort is, you may or may not be able to book one.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: