Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Sea World / Discovery Cove
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2012, 10:37 AM   #1
kohlby
DIS Veteran

Sea World Christmas time show schedule

Anyone know where I can find this? I can't even find the exact dates for the Christmas celebration other than the range. (I'm assuming it's Fri, Sat, Sun during that range, but it doesn't even say that). I'd love to know which shows are when - and get a confirmation on what days the Christmas celebration is.
kohlby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:57 AM   #2
angelmom27
DIS Veteran

SW doesn't release times til almost 2 wks out from the date. That's the only thing I dislike about them. Hard to plan ahead of time.
Register to remove

Old 10-30-2012, 11:46 AM   #3
aubreysmom09
Mouseketeer

Boo I don't want to wait that long.... We leave in 25 day, and I want to plan.lol..
Old 10-30-2012, 12:13 PM   #4
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kohlby View Post
Anyone know where I can find this? I can't even find the exact dates for the Christmas celebration other than the range. (I'm assuming it's Fri, Sat, Sun during that range, but it doesn't even say that). I'd love to know which shows are when - and get a confirmation on what days the Christmas celebration is.
This link might be helpful as your travel date grows closer:

http://seaworldparks.com/seaworld-orlando/Christmas

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! PTR in progress: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:27 PM   #5
bowtie7
Earning My Ears

Last year, the regular shows played during the day and then the Holiday shows started in last afternoon and continued until late at night with the fireworks at about 11pm.
bowtie7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:55 PM   #6
kohlby
DIS Veteran

Gina- That was the first place I looked.
I expected to find at least what days the Christmas shows are on, but nope. I couldn't even find the show schedules for the next two weeks. I don't know if the site wasn't updated or if it's still that way, but I found zero show info. I was on the right page for the shows for the next two weeks but clicking on the dates gave me nada. So, zero info even about the shows now! That made me a little nervous about finding any info out.

We're leaving for our trip 8 days before our SW scheduled day and I don't have a smart phone or laptop or anything with internet access so I hope it's on before then!

*A while ago I looked up 2011 times for the shows and realized that I'm going to want to plan ahead of time since I have young kidswho do not nap. We won't be able to stay for everything so I'm trying to plan how late to stay up. Our next day is at Epcot, so at least we don't have to hit rope drop. But my kids aren't the type to sleep in, so I wanted feedback from them to see if it's worth risking - which will depend on the specific show.
Old 10-31-2012, 05:15 AM   #7
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

If there is specific information you are seeking that's not available on the website, if it were me, I would email them. Anytime I've needed more details that were not provided online, their customer service department has been very prompt (within 1-2 days) in addressing my concerns via return email message. Definitely something to try.

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! PTR in progress: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 07:47 AM   #8
trouttigger
Mouseketeer

Is this an extra cost or included in regular admission?

Their website is unclear. Is there an extra charge for this or included in regular admission?

AS Music - Feb. 2000
AS Music - Jan. 2009
Port Orleans Riverside - Dec. 2011
Discovery Cove & SeaWorld - Dec. 2012
Coronado Springs - Dec. 2013
trouttigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:02 PM   #9
aubreysmom09
Mouseketeer

Thanks for sharing. It helps me with my planning also. I hope you have a great time!
Old 11-01-2012, 01:16 PM   #10
Belle & Ariel
DIS Veteran

For some reason they have removed hours from the site.
We have APs and are going in both Nov. and Dec. In September I was able to get hours for both trips but now they only show the next couple weeks. They have done the same thing to the Busch Gardens site. The old site setup had a monthly calendar and you clicked on a date and it showed hours and showtimes.
I noticed this change a week or so ago.
Belle & Ariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:38 PM   #11
4HOLIDAYS
DIS Veteran

We are trying to decide on wheteher or not to fit in a day at SW. We have never been at Christmas time and it's been 9/10 yrs overall. I 'm glad to see the days confirmed. I called about a month ago and they gave me he dates but no info on the shows.

I am used to being onsite and at uo or wdw and we don't do 15 hr days. I really wanted to see the schedule to see how much we could see if we stick to 10 hrs.
4HOLIDAYS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:45 PM   #12
KBF
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4HOLIDAYS View Post
We are trying to decide on wheteher or not to fit in a day at SW. We have never been at Christmas time and it's been 9/10 yrs overall. I 'm glad to see the days confirmed. I called about a month ago and they gave me he dates but no info on the shows.

I am used to being onsite and at uo or wdw and we don't do 15 hr days. I really wanted to see the schedule to see how much we could see if we stick to 10 hrs.
I think the Christmas celebration alone is worth a trip to the park. 10 hours should be plenty of time to see all the Christmas stuff if that's what you're interested in. The Christmas shows are only at night at start around 6:00pm. So you could spend the beginning of the day on rides or seeing exhibits and then focus on the Christmas shows at night.
KBF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:09 PM   #13
kohlby
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the dates confirmation. Now I just need to know how to see the shows on the site. I can't even see tomorrow's listed right now! (Or last year's which is how I guessed Fri/Sat/Sun and assumed they started in the afternoon again). I emailed them and will let you know if they respond.

*We've somehow missed it in the past by not knowing about it and going on the wrong weekdays. So we think it's definately going to be worth it. Even with there being no way we can manage staying until the fireworks.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: