Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2012, 01:21 PM   #1
ICMDGO
Earning My Ears

Best hotel or Downtown Disney restaurant

I realize food is very subjective, but I'll ask anyway. We will be in Orlando for just 1 night, not going to the parks on this trip. If you could chhose just 1 restaurant to have dinner in with 2 adults and a 16 year old.....where would you go?
ICMDGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:30 PM   #2
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICMDGO View Post
I realize food is very subjective, but I'll ask anyway. We will be in Orlando for just 1 night, not going to the parks on this trip. If you could chhose just 1 restaurant to have dinner in with 2 adults and a 16 year old.....where would you go?
How about Raglan Road? The irish dancers come out at dinner time, its quite lovely! Food is good too.

There's also TRex (fun, and good food). And also House of Blues (some nights you will have a band playing out on the patio). All of the places mentioned are loud...so if youre looking for something quiet, then perhaps a signature restaurant is more approrpriate. Only reason i brought up the noise level is because this is quite often the complaint with TRex & Raglan Road. I personally dont have an issue with noise level. I figure its something you cant get away from, youre in disney afterall.

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-29-2012, 01:40 PM   #3
DEA
DIS Veteran

If you want a really good experience, Flying Fish on the Boardwalk is wonderful. Jiko at AKL, and Sanaa at AKL-Kidani Village are both very good, with Sanaa coming in as less expensive. Closer to MK, Citricos at GF is great, and you might be able to go outside to see Wishes on the grounds of the GF, closer to Narcoossee's.

I know that's not just one place, but depending on where you'd like to be, there are lots of good choices.

DIS Dads Member #432
DEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:47 PM   #4
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

I read it too quick and didnt realise you wanted resort restaurants too. I only suggested the ones at DTD! Sorry.

Signature restaurants:
Citrico's at the GF is nice.
Flying Fish at the boardwalk or Yachtsman steakhouse at the Yacht club resort (both signature restaurants) are nice. Theyre both in the same area. Afterwards its nice to stroll around the boardwalk for some entertainment.

Non-signature:
The GF cafe is a good option.
Cape May cafe (seafood buffet) at the beach club resort is good if you eat seafood.

I still think DTD is the way to go. You can spend hours there just shopping and looking around. So much to see and do.

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:17 PM   #5
baler31
DIS Veteran

Strictly for food Bull & Bear or La Luce at Waldorf and Hilton Bonnet Creek. Ragland Road at DTD is fund with decent food. My requests are only based on DTD area.
Old 10-29-2012, 04:54 PM   #6
JimmyV
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.

bluezoo. No doubt about it.
JimmyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:26 AM   #7
FireDancer
DIS Veteran

Boma dinner would be my choice. On many of my trips it is the only ADR I even bother to make.
FireDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:32 AM   #8
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDancer View Post
Boma dinner would be my choice. On many of my trips it is the only ADR I even bother to make.
I LOVE Boma!
Old 11-02-2012, 10:13 AM   #9
FireDancer
DIS Veteran

I should add that both Fulton's and Portobello at DTD are great locations. When I was down there last time a group of us made a meal out of just the appetizers at Fulton's.
FireDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:50 PM   #10
Andrewsminustwo
Earning My Ears

We had the best meal & best time at Raglan Road....the dancing was so much fun, lots of teenagers in there when we were there having a blast....I had the beef stew, it was so delicious, my husband had some seafood dish in a cream sauce that was too good.....the soda bread they served with a dipping oil was amazing...I am drooling just thinking of it. We would go back there in a heartbeat.
Andrewsminustwo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: