Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2012, 11:49 AM   #1
mickeysgirl17
Wish I was at Disney

Getting to Tusker House and Chef Mickeys bfst

I have an ADR for Chef Mickeys at 7:30am and an ADR at Tusker house bfst at 8am on two different days during my trip. Would Disney buses be running that early from Pop century to get to these? I know I have to walk or take the monorail from MK to the Contemporary for Chef Mickeys.
First trip December 2006 9 Days at Pop Century, January 2007 1 day trip to MK, May 2007 1 day trip to MK, August 24th Pirate and Princess Party, May 2008 DD's birthday at MK! December 9, 2008 mvmcp May 2010 4 days offsite DD's 7th birthday and baby's 1st trip! December 2012 6 days at Pop Century, Deluxe dp, September 2015 , First Cruise on Disney Dream 4 night bahamian
Me DD DS

"Keep a weather eye on the horizon"-Will Turner
mickeysgirl17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 01:42 PM   #2
PictureJumpr
At Least 'til it Rains

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysgirl17 View Post
Would Disney buses be running that early from Pop century to get to these? I know I have to walk or take the monorail from MK to the Contemporary for Chef Mickeys.
Theoretically, yes.
They run buses for early-morning character breakfasts before the regular park routes start running in the morning.

In my experience, not really.
The couple of times we tried it, we started out waaay early and still ended up late. Since then, we just take a cab if we have a very early ADR.

I would advise you to take a taxi in either case - should cost about $18 to the Contemporary and about $12 to AK from Pop, for up to 6 or 8 people (depending on whether you get a car, minivan, or full-size van taxi, they are all the same rate). I always chalk the minor expense up to the value of the extra sleep and lack of hassle in the morning.
Old 10-25-2012, 03:47 PM   #3
mickeysgirl17
Wish I was at Disney

Thanks for your response. I actually will have a car with me, but I prefer taking disney transportation to avoid the hassle of parking, waiting for a tram and getting into the park, not to mention forgetting where I parked (which has happened before!).
First trip December 2006 9 Days at Pop Century, January 2007 1 day trip to MK, May 2007 1 day trip to MK, August 24th Pirate and Princess Party, May 2008 DD's birthday at MK! December 9, 2008 mvmcp May 2010 4 days offsite DD's 7th birthday and baby's 1st trip! December 2012 6 days at Pop Century, Deluxe dp, September 2015 , First Cruise on Disney Dream 4 night bahamian
Me DD DS

"Keep a weather eye on the horizon"-Will Turner
mickeysgirl17 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: